Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Melinda"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Melinda"?

So I was really looking forward to a Melinda heavy episode (Ming Na is awesome) and, for the most part, it didn't let me down. But I did find it a wee bit predictable (had a feeling that Melinda had had to kill a child and that was why she'd turned 'cold' the way she did and also why her marriage fell apart).

Melinda and Andrew in happier times was nice to see. I wonder how much Ming Na enjoyed playing a more 'carefree' May?

Melinda was going to retire 7 years ago? And the mention of the Avengers Initiative was a nice touch (as was Coulson using the full name for SHIELD later. Nice catch, continuity people!).

Theta Protocol. I do think that Coulson is doing something secret on the side but I'm sure he has a good reason for keeping it from the others. I have to wonder if he isn't either a.) doing this for Fury (a new SHIELD base for him or somesuch?) or b.) pulling powers/Inhumans together under the SHIELD banner (or, again, for Fury)?

Skye learning her powers. Nice moments, especially when she realized Jiaying was her mother. very sweet. I also liked that they talked about her parents looking for her.

May calling Andrew on a mission? Seems to be breaking protocol a bit but eh.

The reveal that May's story ties into Skye's was unexpected. The bit about the daughter even more so.

Skye being older than she thought. What was the point of that? Other than maybe a nice little family moment?

So Raina is having prophetic dreams?

Fitz unlocked Fury's toolbox (and when will Simmons tell May about Fitz having the real one?). One wonders what secrets are in there?

So yeah, pretty good episode, even if May's story did play out in a way I expected it to.

Oh and also, I am really digging Luke Mitchell as Lincoln.
    10--Like finding out your real birth date
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--like finding out you're older than you thought
    0%

'Melinda' is a good episode. We learn why Melinda became a desk jockey. It seem that she was forced to kill a child who couldn't control her powers. We also learn that Skye might be older than she believe. I can't wait to see what happen next.

Comment

From what I understood, while the emotions she fed on did twist the girl, she still had the control on the powers... like an addiction that DIDNT turn the addict into someone who couldn't function without.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎