Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Things They Carried"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Things They Carried"?

So, this episode was heavy on the guest star but still pretty good (and for the first time I actually rather liked Cole--well except for one bit but more on that later--which surprised me).

Sam at the bunker looking up MoC on his laptop. As soon as Dean came in I knew we were in for a joke about, well, what Dean thought Sam was looking at. I was right. LOL

Dean resigned to carrying the Mark and lasting as long as he can. Very much reminds me of when he was heading to Hell.

Dean wanting cake, Sam saying no, Dean sneaking some anyway. Why you gotta be mean and deny him cake, Sammy?

Figured the wife thought it was PTSD and then she said it. And another wife's husband has been affected too?

A big "yuck" for when the dude drinks the blood off the floor!

Cole not wanting his friend killed. I get that. But no one knows how to 'cure' the guy, so what does he expect Sam and Dean to do? Just cage the guy in the Bunker or something (shades of The Flash and the Pipeline?)?

Okay, I had a big problem with the transition at the end of the convience store and then them dropping Cole off. The boys were wearing their suits at the station. Then, when they drop Cole off at the wife's, they are back in civvies! You're telling me that with the hunt on for this Kit dude, they stopped back at their hotel and got changed back into normal clothes then went to drop Cole off? Uh, maybe but it seems pretty far fetched to me.

Following Cole. Clever boys.

Cole infected now (Raise your hand if you're surprised that he ended up stepping in it on his own?).

The Khanworm from the Bobby/Rufus case. Ah, the feels!

Okay, here's my one big problem with Cole. He called Sam "Sammy"! Multiple times. No, no, no! Only Dean is allowed to call him that (as that one hunter guy found out the hard way). Just surprised that someone didn't tell Cole not to do that.

"just another Tuesday"...ah the irony of that line now that the show is back on Wednesdays!

Sam to the wife's rescue, nice.

Who else saw it coming when Cole fought with Dean over the water bottle? How did Dean not see that coming?

Major ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww when the bug came out and was squashed! Ick!

Sam having to kill Kit. It was sort of nice to see Sam feel bad about killing an 'innocent' again. Feels like early seasons again, back when Sam agonized over such things.

So on the whole, solid episode and Cole was actually fairly okay. I do have a sense they might be setting him up to be a spin off character, build a new show around him as he gets more and more drawn into the world of hunting. As in, something would kill off his wife and kids and he would turn to hunting for revenge, which I kind of hope they don't do. Mostly because that would see a bit trite and it's been done (John's story, basically).
    10--This episode quenched my thirst!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--Left me parched
    0%

The poll is expired.

It was a good episode. I quite like Cole. I would definitely prefer to see him again rather than Charlie.

Comment

okish episode

nothing special but not horrible by any means

5/10 imo

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡