No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fallout?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a breathtakingly paced episode!

Not only was it good on it's own merits, I thought, but an excellent pre-break choice as well. Answered some questions, left others open, and left the viewers wishing the next 4 weeks would fly (race?) by.

Who else loved Cisco geeking out over Time Travel and then his clever way of explaining it to Joe using pop culture? *raises hand*

The Ronnie and Martin Stein story was very well told (that was clever of Ronnie to cut his arm like that!). Though I do wonder why Stein didn't call Wells out for drugging him? I've seen some fans theorize that Stein thought he fainted due to his separation from Ronnie, which I guess makes sense? And the reference to Pittsburgh was a cute touch.

I am a bit dismayed that so many people now know Barry's secret identity. It's getting a bit ridiculous. By now the only ones who don't know are Iris and Eddie (well, and a few of the Rogues)! At this point, he might as well just come clean to Iris.

Speaking of, her growing suspicious and teaming with that reporter could have interesting consequences, provided they don't just have it take the usual route (a la, have Iris get close and almost figure it out then at the last minute something happens where she can't/doesn't/etc.).

But it was the last few minutes that truly took my breath away. Wells revealed in the RF costume, Grodd (and his telepathy!) taking Eiling, just...wow!

As I said, left me breathless and wanting more, which is the mark of a great story.

Looking forward to the return from break.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
      I am a bit dismayed that so many people now know Barry's secret identity. It's getting a bit ridiculous. By now the only ones who don't know are Iris and Eddie (well, and a few of the Rogues)! At this point, he might as well just come clean to Iris.
      It seems to be a new convention that a lot of people know who these heroes are, but are protective of them and their secrets. We've seen it in Spider-Man, Man of Steel, Arrow, now Flash, and others. Remember in Spider-Man II when all those people on the train saw his face and no one cared? Or in Man of Steel where it's hinted that Pete and possibly the whole damn town of Smallville know exactly who Superman is? It's kind of a fascinating development in superhero storytelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        It seems to be a new convention that a lot of people know who these heroes are, but are protective of them and their secrets. We've seen it in Spider-Man, Man of Steel, Arrow, now Flash, and others. Remember in Spider-Man II when all those people on the train saw his face and no one cared? Or in Man of Steel where it's hinted that Pete and possibly the whole damn town of Smallville know exactly who Superman is? It's kind of a fascinating development in superhero storytelling.
        Superman doesn't wear a mask though, and never will. Barry wears a mask for a reason, to hide his face, but he has developed a stupid habit of un-necessarily removing it.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
          Superman doesn't wear a mask though, and never will. Barry wears a mask for a reason, to hide his face, but he has developed a stupid habit of un-necessarily removing it.
          Not my point.

Comment

I enjoyed the Flash/Firestorm team up a lot, but the final scene was the most amazing part of the episode. I was so happy that Eiling received his comeuppance at the hands of Grodd.

Comment

A lot to like here. I want to touch on the time travel part. There has been discussion about how selfish/unheroic it would be for Barry to go back and save his mom. I agree that it's not exactly heroic for him to deliberately do so, but I think the show presented it in an interesting light. It seems Barry has resigned himself to the fact that he will end up in the past as part of his destiny, and while there, he might as well try to save his mom. At this point, it looks to be a different ethical issue than the one presented in Flashpoint. Who could blame Barry for attempting this if he's going to be there anyway? Who could stand there/run around in circles and allow their mom to die if they could stop it. Besides, he has very little concept of what his actions could do to the timeline. Every superhero needs to learn they can't play God, and doing it this way, with my interpretation of what's to come, allows him to maintain his moral integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                Who could stand there/run around in circles and allow their mom to die if they could stop it. Besides, he has very little concept of what his actions could do to the timeline. Every superhero needs to learn they can't play God, and doing it this way, with my interpretation of what's to come, allows him to maintain his moral integrity.
                Agreed on all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                  That's actually one of my only pet peeves with the show. I get that the mask might get in the way of the actor showing us his emotions, etc. It's the same reason why they always use glass prisons instead of bars/fences in TV shows and movies. But still, the way they went about it is so stupid.

He even took a picture of himself with the flash suit on, with the mask off, for a group picture with his friends. It's like he didn't think about outsiders who might come across that picture. It's one thing to trust people with your secret ID, but it's another thing entirely to start taking selfies of yourself in the flash suit with the mask off. that picture could easily become viral!

The way I see it, he should realstically only take the mask off in a setting that he feels comfortable in... at home, at star labs... but never in public.

Comment

That said, I do agree with Backwards Galaxy that this new storytelling convention is rather great. it puts a whole new spin on the secret ID thing... and might even make for some great storytelling from the viewpoint of the normal citizens.

Normal citizen: "You ask me why I wouldn't tell anybody who the hero really was? Well, for starters he saved the lives of my entire family a while back.... heck, he saved the entire town once. Without the town here my family would had been homeless and poor. Plus there's the fact that he also lives in this town.... I don't know about you, but it gives me a great sense of security knowing there's a guy like that around here helpin' out folks like me. But, if I was to start blabbin' to everyone then he might be forced to leave town due to the *******s in the military chasin' after him or somethin' like that. Nah, there's no way I would ever tell anybody... what's good for the gander is also good for the goose.... if you get my drift."

Comment

'Fallout' was a good episode. An old enemy of the Flash came back to make life hell for Firestorm. The Flash was able to defeat this old foe, but the old foe end up getting captured by Wells and and punished by Grodd. I can't wait to see how this turn out.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎