No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Halt and Catch Fire?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Halt and Catch Fire?"

I really liked this episode, it was a nice return to the salt and burns of old. In fact, this had a very "early SPN" vibe to it, I thought. No Crowley (though I do love that character), no angels, just the boys on a hunt.

I liked the "then" montage of ghosts and other monsters.

The Evil!Siri, I mean Trini. Heh.

Broment in the bunker between the boys.

"I'm sorry I ever made you leave." Yay Stanford reference!

Dean's wandering eye with all those girls.

Agents Grohl and Cobain? Um, how do these kids not get the reference? I mean, Nirvana is still fairly popular, right?

I kinda laughed at the cross generational thing, how Dean and that girl werne't getting each other's references (as a member of Gen X myself, I appreciated the "what?" expression on the college kid. I've gotten that a time or two myself from youngsters.).

Dean being so pleased with himself for the Google reference. Heh.

Anyone else have flashbacks (and not the good kind) to "Route 666"? I kept thinking of Sam's line complaing about killer truck(s).

The biggest frat on campus is STD? *refrains from making a joke*

All that food for Dean. Guess he's off the health kick! Sam getting queasy watching him was funny too. Wonder how many times poor Jensen had to stuff his mouth with those noodles?

And Dean's really worried look at "nothing ever really gets deleted". Makes you wonder, eh? (Busty Asian Beauties or something else?)

It was fairly obvious, once we met the widow, that we were doing a "I know what you did last summer"/Lois Duncan type thing. That the group had hit and killed the husband and then sped off. The texting while driving thing was a nice tie in (and since the J's have done 'don't text and drive' PSAs, very apropos).

Dean and the remaning girl. "Can't just bury stuff like this. You gotta deal with it." Good advice, Dean. Maybe you should take your own words to heart?

"Sure, Sam, we'll just kill the internet. Wait, can we?" Dean seemed kind of eager there. Something you want to tell us, Dean? LOL

The twist that the wife knew about the ghost and was talking to him was fairly clever. I didn't see that coming (in an otherwise fairly predictable episode).

Phone in the couch. 911 to Sam. I was a bit peeved that the girl was just standing there letting Dean get choked (she couldn't have picked up the bar he dropped? I mean, she'd literally just seen him use to dispatch the ghost!) but then holding up the wife on the phone was fairly helpful. And smart of Sam, as I wondering how he would get there in time to help.

Getting the ghost to move on (so has he? What about the Veil? I mean, can ghosts move on from there now? I don't think we addressed that this season.), the girl owns up, everything gets settled.

Dean done trying to solve the Mark. Honestly, it reminded me of Season 3-how Dean decided he wasn't going to try to find a way out of the deal that would send him to Hell? How accepting Dean was and how un-accepting Sam still was? Anyone else think of that?

So a solid episode and what felt like a throwback to the 'old' days, which was nice to see.
    10--Tweet your love immediately!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--Delete, delete, delete!
    0%

The poll is expired.

It was a good episode. The part that I found most intriguing was when Dean said how he would "kill" Sam if anything happened to his car (I think it was with regard to his car). Just made me think of Cain and Abel and where this storyline with the Mark is going.

Comment

okish episode, better than the monster filler episodes for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
        The part that I found most intriguing was when Dean said how he would "kill" Sam if anything happened to his car (I think it was with regard to his car)
        See, when I watched that part all I did was laugh because I was thinking "yeah, Sam's already driven your car and changed it up, Dean, remember? When you were in Hell and he had the Impala and installed the CD player?" I was actually kind of hoping Sam would reference that, but alas!

Comment

I liked the concept of this episode, it felt like a classic episode. It was interesting to see how this ghost could manifest through wi-fi and electronic devices. My only issue was I did get a little bored with the teen dialogue.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎