No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "There's No Place like Home?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "There's No Place like Home?"

All right, I have to say that this episode was very uneven for me. Loved the Sam and Dean stuff, was either bored or shaking my head at a lot of the Charlie stuff (and I like Charlie, as a character. Or at least I did until this episode. But we'll get to that.).

Dean not drinking, getting plenty of sleep and even eating healthy in order to fight the Mark? Um, why, exactly? But hey, it was funny so...

"Booze, burgers and...more booze." He should have said "booze, burgers and bacon", IMO.

Charlie and they think she's hunting.

Dean and the hand tremors.

So Charlie's real name is Celeste? *shrugs*

Dean: "What the hell is kale?" Heh.

Wait, Charlie took down Dean? Charlie?! I know she's bad!Charlie and all but I find it hard to believe. Even if Dean was pulling his punches because it's Charlie.

So good!Charlie and bad!Charlie. I immediately thought of that Star Trek the Original Series episode "the Enemy Within", where Kirk gets split in 2? (I found out that they were actually originally going to name this episode "The Enemy Within"--apparently Phil or someone tweeted that to Shatner?) I kept waiting for a reference to that. I was really shocked when it never came. I mean, Charlie's a huge nerd/geek (and she obviously is a Trek fan--she did the Vulcan salute!). How do you not reference that?
    *sighs*

Can't believe Dean fell for bad!Charlie's bull about how she just wanted to face the guy. I know he's got a bit of a blind spot for her and whatever but he could have at least stayed in the room! *shakes head*

I was shaking my head at Dean telling her where Sam and good!Charlie were but hey, turns out he lied.

Charlie stole Baby?! Grrrr.

So the MOL guy (wow, makes you wonder if any other MOL guys are still alive out there?) is the Wizard of Oz?

How, oh how oh how, was good!Charlie able to kill older!MOL guy? I mean, okay, the Wizard was choking Sam and so it might be seen as an act of good to kill the guy in order to save Sam's life. But Charlie couldn't even hack files to do good earlier so I'm not sure that washes. And now that Charlie is 'together' again, she's got 2 deaths on her conscience.

The Sam and Dean scenes at the end in the bunker. "You can do this. We can do this." Awww.

Dean's hand not shaking. Because his need for violence was slaked for now? Or because he's fighting it? Not sure.

So yeah, loved the Sam and Dean stuff and some of Charlie's stuff was kind of cute. But mostly it felt like they were trying too hard to make Charlie a kick butt heroine type. Also, she sure seemed to casually dismiss Dorothy (who I thought she was into?).
    10--The Wizard gives it high marks
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--Flying monkeys all the way
    0%

The poll is expired.

couldn't stand Mary Sue, uhm excuse me Charlie before, can't stand her now.

Never really liked the Oz stuff, it feels off.

Comment

There's only 2 episodes I rated 10 this season, this one and Fan Fiction. I really like most of Robbie Thomson's episodes.

Comment

I gave this one a 4. I was not looking forward to it to begin with. Don't like Charlie or the Oz stuff to be honest.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎