Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Hunter Games"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Hunter Games"?

Was it just me or did this episode seem kind of filler-ish? *shrugs*

The Road So Far. Didn't recognize the song.

Crowley getting taken out. I knew it was a dream but didn't know it had been 'planted' by Rowena. Man, that woman is evil!

Dean admitting he crossed a line.

I might have cringed a little when I saw this episode was written by Eugenie and Brad but actually, it wasn't as bad as usual for them.

Rowena trying to sow discord.

"I will not apologize for being a career woman". Okay, ngl, I laughed.

Breaking Metatron out. Huh. Didn't realize there were still angels up there loyal to Cas.

Was it just me or did Metatron actually look scared when Dean walked in? I thought he did.

Claire calling Dean a monster and leaving.

I was wrong. I had thought that the 2 that Claire met at the bar were demons. Guess not.

Rowena and the scrying spell. Pretty cool.

The Blade is in Guam? With Crowley's bones?

Guthrie as Crowley's loyal retainer. I enjoyed that he was a fellow RED/crossroads demon. My guess is a lot of Crowley's most "trusted" are, seeing as how Crowley was himself.

"One extremely messed up human to another". Oh Cas. *laughs*

The Blade is gone. Raise your hand if that didn't surprise you. *raises hand*

Where, exactly, did Rowena get an angel blade? They were once rare but now they're everywhere!

Rowena is pretty good. She seems to be getting Crowley to believe her.

Dean going full on with Metatron. I have to admit, I covered my eyes for part of that. Ick!

Cas blowing in the door--makes you wonder how much grace he lost doing that? Sam stops Dean.

Metatron really thought Dean would deal? *shakes head*

Sam's idea of Dean giving in to the Mark was interesting. I think possibly he's right.

Claire having second thoughts and shouting the warning (though I'm surprised that a hunter like Dean didn't know they were coming for him anyway?). And their little talk on the road. I just find it a little hard to believe that after, what? 3 episodes of him trying so hard to make amends he's just letting her go now? But I suppose this means they can bring her back someone at a later date?

So yeah, mostly, this one just felt like filler to me. Though we did advance the Rowena story a bit more.
    10--You win the Hunter Games!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--You've lost the Hunter Games
    0%

The poll is expired.

I'm going to have to watch the episode again, because it was kind of confusing. But nowhere is any writer, that I can see at this point, actually weaving an interesting story. I miss Kripke! There was NO point now that I can see in bringing Claire back. What a missed opportunity to at least touch on the subject that she might still have some of Cas' grace to use. Unless that bland comment from Metatron about Cas finding some grace was it. Crowley being so bewildered about, well, everything is so OOC for him. But (and this is a stretch) if the writers are trying to reinforce the idea that Crowley is still human in some manner, this isn't the way to do it IMO because it's not being portrayed as such, it's being portrayed as Crowley being a wuss.

Because we have been there and done that SO many times before, Crowley will get wise to Rowena and enlist the boys to help take her out and Cas will, again, try to restore Heaven and blow it, and Sam and/or Dean will totally go darkside and die for each other and we are then in Season 11.

The only thing is the "River leads to its source" which hopefully means Lucifer. BUT the writers have so many dangling half-fleshed-out story lines, that Lucifer is not likely.

And, again, I've got to watch it again, but if Dean does "give in" to the Mark, well aren't we then back to Deanmon? Cain had thousands of years to deal with the effects of the Mark and the ONLY way he overcame it was his wife. Then he became a hermit with his bees. Dean is no beekeeper LOL....

So many plot holes are growing from the original plot holes that it's becoming quite cheesy around here

And this is coming from a die-hard fan....

When Supernatural gets paired with Arrow in March, the comparison between the two shows will be so evident and not in a good way I'm afraid. Arrow is outstanding storytelling....

Comment

I feel like season 10 is a filler season. The Mark of Cain isn't a suitable Big Bad.

Comment

Funny thing is that once I thought that Dick Roman was the worst big bad of the series.....Apparently I was wrong.Rowena deserves that title.

When I say worst I mean lame.
        Last edited by Jack o lantern; 01-23-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

garbage episode, nothing really happened so yeah I'd call it another filler episode too in a filler season

Comment

This series needs a game changer - Person of Interest has always been good with it, Arrow as welll, I realy don't understand why these writers are afraid to finally CHANGE something in this show.
            It's not The Bold and the Beautiful - killing off characters, changing them, showing their evolution was a huge part of seasons 1-5 - right now I don't really see it. So Dean died and came back a demon, so what? He's still the same guy, just a little bit disturbed by the mark - no big deal ;P

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
              There was NO point now that I can see in bringing Claire back.
              This. When they let her walk off I thought "wait, so what was the point of all that then?" The only thing I can think is they're bringing her back later? (Actually my first thought was 'are they setting Claire up to be the lead for the spin-off they still want to do?' But since I read that they are shelving spin off ideas until Season 11 that can't be it.) She didn't even really 'reconcile' with Castiel so yeah, whole thing was pretty pointless.

And, again, I've got to watch it again, but if Dean does "give in" to the Mark, well aren't we then back to Deanmon? Cain had thousands of years to deal with the effects of the Mark and the ONLY way he overcame it was his wife.
              Well, Cain fought it but he also possessed the First Blade during all that time. The Mark and the Blade together are what made Dean Deanmon, I believe (well, and dying). Now that Dean no longer has the Blade he's losing control. I believe that's why the boys wanted the Blade back. Cain controlled the Mark when he had the Blade. I guess Sam (and Dean) were thinking Dean could do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                garbage episode, nothing really happened so yeah I'd call it another filler episode too in a filler season
                This episode had so much potential to carry the narrative forward in a huge way and yet what was the end result? Absolutely nothing! Nothing happened in the episode at all, so we basically could have not seen this episode and we'd be in the exact same place as before the mid-season finale. What's going on with these writers?!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎