Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl Spoilers - General Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• costa22: I went back and looked at Kreisberg's comments regarding Calista, and he never used the phrase/term "multiple episodes" when talking about her involvement in Season 2, so you're flat-out mistaken on that score.

Comment

• If Alex/Maggie ever hits an iceberg, it's good to know there are others who embrace the deliciously non-canonical madness that is Salex (LoT's Sara + SG's Alex):

Could Alex Danvers & Sara Lance ever get together?

*cackles maniacally*

And here I thought I was sailing that ship solo ...

Comment

• I don't think it's possible to sail any of these ships solo.

Comment

• Best case scenario, "Sanvers" continues off screen (and on screen when Maggie shows up). Worst case scenario, Alex gets a new girlfriend and all the new melodrama that that entails.

Comment

• Odds Maggie returns during a ratings week episode, while S3 New Romantic Interest is circling around Alex : High
            (This way, they'd get a jealousy-fueled love triangle. The CW would love that.)

Sanvers would end Maggie/Alex, which they'd never allow to happen on this show until they've wrung every last drop of melodrama out of Maggie and Alex first.

Only then, weeks later, after the prerequisite pity party with Kara and a bucketful of potstickers ... Alex finds a sympathetic ear with S3 crossover guest star Sara Lance. Alex has a broken heart in need of mending, Sara has a wounded soul in need of healing. Nothing to see here, folks. Kara and Hank would disapprove of Sara because of her checkered past -- they'd be serving up the moralizing like nobody's business.

Bad move, Supergirl. This casts Sara as the "bad" girl in Sanvers, making Alex want her more.

Sanvers probably looks better in OffscreenVille.

Comment

• It's depressing to think of all the ways a show can go wrong and know that they are highly likely to occur.

Comment

• Comment

• I like Odette. I liked her on House as well as well as the short-lived Breaking In

Comment

• Does Lena Luthor already know Kara is Supergirl? Just drop us a hint. —Monique

Cat Grant may have just shown her own hand in the season finale, but “at the moment,” co-showrunner Andrew Kreisberg told us at the end of the season, “Lena definitely thinks they’re two people.”

http://tvline.com/2017/06/08/hawaii-...egular-female/

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                      Does Lena Luthor already know Kara is Supergirl? Just drop us a hint. —Monique

Cat Grant may have just shown her own hand in the season finale, but “at the moment,” co-showrunner Andrew Kreisberg told us at the end of the season, “Lena definitely thinks they’re two people.”

http://tvline.com/2017/06/08/hawaii-...egular-female/
                      Meh. no offense to fans but that one should be common sense, Lena isn't the type her enjoys secrets. If she knew Kara's, we'd have known by now. We'd probably see her tantrum thrown behind Kara's back. I don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but Lena comes off as a whiney, pouty, naive spoiled brat. There's no strength of character to her at all. Every time she pops back on screen I keep expecting her to burst into tears.

Comment

• “Lena definitely thinks they’re two people.”
                        Sigh, don't they realize how dumb that makes her look? It's not just Kara's resemblance to SG. It's Mon-El's connection with both of them, something that Lena has witnessed first hand. It's a real shame that despite Katie's best efforts, Lena (a Luthor, no less) is everything TyrantLord mentioned.

Comment

• When Kara rescued them on the ship and had to fake not knowing Mon-El, I realized I had forgotten when Lena has seen him. When they had the double date with the guy from iZombie, wasn't Mon-El in his civilian disguise (radically different as it is from his hero outfit)?

ETA: I know there are many skeptics of the Clark Kent disguise, but my only problem is when Clark/Kara and Superman/Supergirl interact with all the same people. Of course it shouldn't hold up then, though Christopher Reeve was pretty convincing. I'm pretty sure there are some stories where Superman even tries to avoid clear photos of him being taken so people won't be able to compare images of him and Clark. If Kara took that kind of care with her identity, it would be fine, but certainly Cat, Snapper, Lena, etc., should be able to tell when they've stood less than a foot away from both Kara and Supergirl. Even worse is the inconsistency. Maggie gets to know without being told. Lillian figures it out. Cat figures it out despite being duped by a shapeshifter. Poor Lena doesn't get the privilege.
                          Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 06-14-2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                            When Kara rescued them on the ship and had to fake not knowing Mon-El, I realized I had forgotten when Lena has seen him. When they had the double date with the guy from iZombie, wasn't Mon-El in his civilian disguise (radically different as it is from his hero outfit)?
                            I think she met him earlier in the season (when she invited Kara to a gala and Mon-El/Mike wanted to come along), but it was in that double date episode that she knew for sure Kara and him were dating. Until that point, it was all going well. But once Lena got abducted by Rhea, she found out that Mon-El is an alien, she saw how happy SG was to see him again and then she saw how disappointed SG was when she realized Mon-El would have to leave Earth as well, she should have pieced it together. Hell, she asked SG if she knew Mon-El and Kara were dating, SG dodged the question and Lena still didn't smarten up.

On top of that, there was an instance earlier in the season where she was on the phone with Kara when someone attacked her. SG saved her straight away and justified it by saying Kara is a friend and warned her immediately. Sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                              I know there are many skeptics of the Clark Kent disguise, but my only problem is when Clark/Kara and Superman/Supergirl interact with all the same people. Of course it shouldn't hold up then, though Christopher Reeve was pretty convincing. I'm pretty sure there are some stories where Superman even tries to avoid clear photos of him being taken so people won't be able to compare images of him and Clark. If Kara took that kind of care with her identity, it would be fine, but certainly Cat, Snapper, Lena, etc., should be able to tell when they've stood less than a foot away from both Kara and Supergirl. Even worse is the inconsistency. Maggie gets to know without being told. Lillian figures it out. Cat figures it out despite being duped by a shapeshifter. Poor Lena doesn't get the privilege.
                              I think a problem with the Clark Kent disguise (which they've tried to mimic for their Kara Danvers) is that it is so well-known to just be a pair of glasses, that one wouldn't really be allowed to change it. Towards the end of Smallville, I speculated that Zatanna would put a spell on Clark (like she had done with Chloe in "Hex"), to make him look different as Superman and the glasses would be like the on/off switch. However, would that have been permitted, in the eyes of the fans? Also, if you'd go that routh, then why use glasses (something he might need to remove, every now and then, in public to clean them), instead of something like a ring or a watch. Suddenly, he wouldn't have to wear glasses.

Originally, in the comics, Supergirl wore a brown wig as her disguise. In the 80's they changed it, so she had a special comb, that allowed her to change simply hair color. There'd be two problems with such a disguise. First, why was she already wearing a wig, before getting a dual identity? The second would be that Melissa would then have to wear a wig (regardless if they had Kara wear a wig or have her have said comb), during either her Supergirl scenes or her Kara Danvers scenes.

I've mentioned it before, that I could see large potential with H.R. Wells' holodevice, but that ship has sailed, as far as Kara is concerned. Supergirl can't suddely have a different face, after looking like Melissa B for two years (and I heavily suspect that we'll never see said device ever again).

Comment

• But wouldn't Lena have thought Kara was dating Mike? How did she know he and Mon-El were the same person?

I think the glasses thing has been way oversimplified in pop culture. Then again, the comics haven't been especially consistent, so maybe that's fair. A wig would be useful to Kara. Unfortunately, I've seen the wig quality on these shows. Wasn't there a Silver Age explanation where the glasses were made of Kryptonian crystal that altered his appearance? That's kind of like the transmogrifier. I think I'd prefer that to a Zatanna spell, which requires her to be around when the disguise is developed, but she would have worked for Smallville.

Of course, I'd still prefer better attempts at justifying the civilian disguise on its own, but I don't want to write an essay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎