Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or the flashbacks for Oliver processing mvoing slow?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or the flashbacks for Oliver processing mvoing slow?

Ok didn't the actor Steven Amell and some of the producers said that in the mid season finale Oliver would hit the half way point of the year we would start to see him become more like the present. Well I watched the Climb which I didn't see much. Maseo being alive in the present and a reference to something happened and China White finale showing her face in the flashbacks along with a bio weapon lose. Ok that's all good which I guess you could say it processes the story of other things but what about Oliver?

Is he any better at fighting? Nope
    Is he becoming more of the season 1 stone cold killer? Nope
    Perhaps the message from his father about the List? I didn't plan on that happening really but it still would have been nice if they did. So I don't really see how the mid season finale flashbacks have gotten any better. It feels like there taking one step forward then two steps back which for Oliver flashbacks this won't work.

Somehow he also needs to learn how to drive planes and we haven't even seen him have any lessons yet .

Comment

I would disagree that he isn't becoming more of the killer he was in season 1. He was able to torture someone without hesitation which is certainly a huge step on the way.

Comment

yeah the flashbacks pace in this seaosn is considerably slow compared to the first 2 seasons! the hong kong flashbacks better be much better when we return! lel

Comment

Yeah, i think the difference is, the other seasons the flashbacks were all about pure survival, and escape off the island.
          In this season, i'm not sure really what the main theme is except he is a sort of prisoner of Argus being made to do things he doesn't want to do. It's just not the same level of danger or excitement.

Oh yeah, and lets not forget, there is no Slade in these flashbacks
          That drops the danger and excitement level to about half what it was.

Comment

Yes I think you guys have all made some very good points. Now with that being said do you think if they tweaked some things in the past two seasons they could have ended the flashbacks at the end of season 2. I mean they have it set up where he needs to get off the island but assuming that they did things a little different would having the flashbacks ended in season 2 been better instead of this slow progressing in Hong Kong?

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
              Yes I think you guys have all made some very good points. Now with that being said do you think if they tweaked some things in the past two seasons they could have ended the flashbacks at the end of season 2. I mean they have it set up where he needs to get off the island but assuming that they did things a little different would having the flashbacks ended in season 2 been better instead of this slow progressing in Hong Kong?
              The flashbacks are slow and seemingly pointless at the moment this season but I think they are still relevant in the long run. They could've wrapped them up after season 2 but then we might loose vital references in the future of the show without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
                No not really. He still needed to improve his fighting skills, learn to fly a plane, get 2 of his tattoo's, get the majority of his scars, join the Bratva, learn to speak Russian and there is probably something else that I'm missing as well in there.

Comment

lol i actually thought that Anatoli (the russian guy from the season 2 flashbacks) was gonna give him access to the bratva since Oliver saved his life in the flashbacks and Anatoli is alive in the present day because of Oliver (in the episode in season 2 where Team Arrow went to Russia)...

Comment

yeah....really really slow. i wanna see Ollie learn some more fighting moves damn it!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎