Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of the Climb?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can buy Roy and Laurel more, because we saw Roy fighting before he was ever a part of Arrow. And then he was running around all night beating up bad guys, with little training. But it was all experience for him. And Laurel had many a scuffle in the last 2 seasons if you go back and re-watch. At least these 2 have an ability to build upon whatever they knew before. Besides, Roy and Laurel both end up on the wrong side of a butt kicking most of the time. Roy even got beat by Cupid If I was Ollie, I would definitely bring this up any time I was annoyed with Roy!

So for me, Roy and Laurel make more sense than Thea.

In most self defense training you should be able to fight an average joe with success after 6 months. So lets say you trained exclusively for 6 months under a true master. You might be a lot better than the average joe, but it will still take a couple years to hold your own against assassins and Arrow team members, much less beat them.

I didn't get a good read at Thea's style when she was fighting Ollie (was too busy being amused), but it seemed like a type of kick boxing, but with high kicks, like maybe savate or tai kwan do?

Comment

i really like how the producers are making sure that Laurel will first fail and get beat down as her first few tries at being Black Canary... But the whole "train for six mnths and your a super martial arts expert" serioulsy bugs me. as it actually takes years of hard work and serious dedication in order to become a proper martial arts expert.

Comment

yeah but i don't see where anybody said that Laurel will become that. And they've already done it with Thea apparently.

Comment

Cupid beating Roy was hard to swallow. Actually, his whole arc in the first half he was practically in absentia, development-wise -- apart from his "Am I Sara's killer?" subplot and coping with the guilt (too easily, IMO) over killing a cop while under mirakuru.

I'm also not sure how this 'Thea and the new DJ' subplot will pan out. The DJ could be a FOTW/become obsessed with Thea, or become a legitimate suitor for her -- prompting the inevitable CW-mandated jealousy love triangle between Thea, the DJ and Roy. This wouldn't help anyone's character growth. I'd practically expect SV's Clark to barge into the Verdant, accusations flying, warning Thea that New DJ Dude is dangerous and no good for her ... with Roy wearing a WTF look that says: "Clark, I'm standing ... right here! The 'jealous ex-bf' should be my job!"

I'm hoping Ollie's leave of absence means the rest of the team will get sorely needed attention on the character growth front. Roy and Thea must be at the top of this list in the second half.

Comment

The actor playing the DJ has been signed as a series regular on MTV's up coming show Shannara, so he won't be around much longer

Comment

I understand I can't post articles from other sites but according to an article on Digital Spy, John Barrowman (Malcolm) said that Malcolm manipulated Oliver into fighting Ra's because he loved Oliver (more than Tommy apparently) and thought he could win against Ra's.

Sounds like codswallop to me .

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                I understand I can't post articles from other sites but according to an article on Digital Spy, John Barrowman (Malcolm) said that Malcolm manipulated Oliver into fighting Ra's because he loved Oliver (more than Tommy apparently) and thought he could win against Ra's.

Sounds like codswallop to me .
                That came out in an interview that Barrowman did and he was talking from his own perspective as to what helped him portray Malcolm the way he did, so it doesn't really confirm/deny anything about his character.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎