Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harrison Wells identity....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted in the "teaser trailer" thread yesterday about Harrison's words re "I need more speed", and questioned why Wells would need Barry to go faster.
    It is quite possible that Wells is "stranded". However if he is, how is he able to communicate with the future ? that pin head in the trailer is I believe not in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
      The Felicity Smoak in the comics is an entirely different character than the Felicity Smoak of this series, and isn't even from the Green Arrow mythos anyway. The New 52 is the very first time that a Felicity Smoak character who even remotely resembles the one from Arrow has shown up in the comics.
      They adapted the character to fit their needs. It's still a pre-existing character. If Wells turns out to be Bruce Wayne, he's nothing like that character, but he'd still be a pre-existing character.

I was under the impression that Oliver's mother was either unnamed in the comics or had a completely different name. Turns out I was wrong. Point to you.
      2 out of 2

Wrong. The New 52 is the very first time that the name Tommy Merlyn is used in comics form.
      2 out of 3

Oliver Queen is an only child in the comics. Just because Thea happens to be an amalgamation of several pre-existing Green Arrow characters doesn't mean that she herself isn't an original character.
      It actually means a lot, but not to you, because it doesn't suit your argument.

I don't know what show you've been watching, but Diggle is critically important to the series.
      Not in the same way as Wells. Diggle could leave the show and it would be the same show. Wells is literally the manipulator behind everything that's happening, including the creation of Flash in the first place. Those are not the same thing.

You tried to poke holes in my argument and failed miserably, going 1 out of 5.
      I went 2 out of 3, with the other 2 being a wash. But, once again, you've entirely disregarded the crux of my point by fixating on a tiny piece you think you can disprove.

Just because you can poke a single hole in one 1/6th of the overall argument, doesn't mean I'm wrong. Again, the fact that I came up with Moira (the one even you think I got right) doesn't mean I invalidated your entire comeback, anymore than you taking issue with one word of one piece of my argument invalidates mine.

It also doesn't change the spirit of my example in the slightest. They still have consistently assigned prominent roles to characters from the lead's mythos; Ra's Al Ghul, Nyssa, Laurel, Arsenal, Dark Archer, Deathstroke... I would even argue that it appears as if they are setting up Wells as the big bad, since he's murdering people. The big bads on Arrow have been comic book characters.

Really, your argument is that I used the word "only" when I probably should have left that single word out. Everything else I've said... you haven't even addressed.
      Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 11-13-2014, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Harrison Wells, "I feel as though I have been waiting centuries for this"

What is his middle name? It wouldn't start with a "G" would it?

Professor Zoom is from the future, somehow Barry's existence is required for his creation?

Comment

Originally posted by Gray1776
          Harrison Wells, "I feel as though I have been waiting centuries for this"

What is his middle name? It wouldn't start with a "G" would it?

Professor Zoom is from the future, somehow Barry's existence is required for his creation?
          Eobard Thawne, as a person, would still exist in the 25th C whether or not Barry had ever become The Flash. So the answer to your question is no.

I somehow think that Cavanagh has more than a 1 season contract as a main char, so I don't think he is R/F either.

Comment

I think Harrison Wells is either The Reverse Flash or is working with him this idea seem more plausible after watching The Flash is Born. Think about the whole episode Joe is starting to think that maybe some else has super speed. So he goes to Wells and tells him his theory. Wells plays it off. Then at the end of the episode Reverse Flash just happen to up at Joe's house. Until Joe told someone else or Reverse Flash is every where it come to make sense.

Comment

I still think that will turn out to be a coincidence. These shows like to make you think something and then deliver something completely different.

Comment

Whoever Harrison Wells is, he's very concerned about the upcoming Crisis. I think he knows of Flash's real purpose behind that event. Now, he's from the future, that much we can agree. But what if he's here to stop Reverse Flash in order to ensure the future doesn't get entangled. I think he might even be responsible for the Reverse Flash, a creation he did which turned up against him. So, he's back in time to ensure Barry has a fighting chance to survive his encounter against RF. It could be that the Flash has to existing in order for the Crisis to be averted and the Reverse Flash is a first attempt which failed. Who knows? It's gonna be fun to figure it out in time.

Comment

Originally posted by houboutv
                  Whoever Harrison Wells is, he's very concerned about the upcoming Crisis. I think he knows of Flash's real purpose behind that event. Now, he's from the future, that much we can agree. But what if he's here to stop Reverse Flash in order to ensure the future doesn't get entangled. I think he might even be responsible for the Reverse Flash, a creation he did which turned up against him. So, he's back in time to ensure Barry has a fighting chance to survive his encounter against RF. It could be that the Flash has to existing in order for the Crisis to be averted and the Reverse Flash is a first attempt which failed. Who knows? It's gonna be fun to figure it out in time.
                  Oooo, I like this theory!

Wells creates the RF, who is BARRY from another time line or dimension, and that Barry goes evil. I'm going to presume that the crossover episode where Barry's eyes go all red, Wells couldn't save him this time, so he goes back and tries again to create a better Flash. Of course he couldn't forsee that his Previous Flash creation would also go back in time and kill Barry's mother to prevent Barry from...doing something...

I'm gonna put this one in my back pocket and see on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎