Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder Woman (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said this before but I think the origin movie should take place solely on Paradise Island. There's quite a lot of ground to cover when it comes to creating this world and establishing characters.

The movie could end with Diana entering "man's world" to set up how she ends up meeting Batman, Superman in BvS & joining the League.

Comment

Jason Fuchs, who is behind Warner Bros’ upcoming Pan movie, is on his way to Paradise Island via invisible jet.

The scribe is in negotiations to write the screenplay for Wonder Woman, one of the most important installments of Warners’ cinematic universe based on the DC Entertainment characters and one of the most iconic characters in comic book history.
      Warners had no comment.

Fuchs will work with MacLaren on the drafts.

Fuchs, repped by WME and Brookside Artists Management, is already ensconced with the studio with Pan, the re-imagining of the Peter Pan story that it hopes will launch a franchise when it is released July 17, 2017. The scribe, who also counts Ice Age: Continental Drift among his credits, is also working on the Pan sequel.

Comment

From CBR:

Vulture has posted a lengthy profile on Michelle MacLaren highlighting her career as television's go-to director for elaborate and cinematic action sequences, which she has provided for series like "Breaking Bad," "Walking Dead" and "Game of Thrones." In true MacLaren fashion, the profile kicks off by introducing a bit of suspense to those that thought the "Wonder Woman" feature film, which she was hired to direct last month, was a sure thing.

When asked for details about "Wonder Woman," the Variety article says that MacLaren warned "that at the moment there is no script, no release date. There’s not even an official green light from the film’s releasing studio, Warner Bros. -- and even if there were, nondisclosure agreements and her paranoia about jinxing things would keep her mum."

She was then quoted as saying, "I really, *really, really can't talk about this... I just picture a drone coming in over the hills and crashing through the glass and flying over here and putting duct tape over my mouth, you know?"

"Wonder Woman" was announced along with the rest of DC's ambitious film slate and has since then been rumored to have a June 23, 2017 release date. "Pan" screenwriter Jason Fuchs was originally attached to pen the script, but recent rumblings have indicated that Warner Bros. has hired five additional writers to cook up six potential screenplays.

Comment

I'm shocked that a post from jon-el87 in a DC movie thread would be "bad" news.

Comment

When asked for details about "Wonder Woman," the Variety article says that MacLaren warned "that at the moment there is no script, no release date. There’s not even an official green light from the film’s releasing studio, Warner Bros. -- and even if there were, nondisclosure agreements and her paranoia about jinxing things would keep her mum."
            It's not official green lit

"Wonder Woman" was announced along with the rest of DC's ambitious film slate and has since then been rumored to have a June 23, 2017 release date. "Pan" screenwriter Jason Fuchs was originally attached to pen the script, but recent rumblings have indicated that Warner Bros. has hired five additional writers to cook up six potential screenplays.
            Jason Fuch seemed like a big risk since it looks like he doesn't have much experience in screen writing. Guessing WB also wants to see how Pan does in the box office before deciding on hiring Jason Fuch.

Comment

Wonder Woman

Mysti was right when she said DC was gutless. They dont know how to present Wonder Woman, theyre too scared to embrace the frakier side to her origins, and theyre too scared to try something new. This is the company that chickened out at the last minute and decided not to publish an advertised issue of Superman that used a Muslim character created 20 years ago.

Comment

Wonder Woman shoots this Fall.

Comment

Please be good... please be good... please be good...

Comment

Bad news...Wonder Woman just lost its director. MacLaren has stepped down due to creative differences.

Comment

At least it happened in preproduction and not after they already started filming.

Comment

There's a rumor going around that she wanted Diana to have a (talking) tiger side-kick.

Comment

I'm sure the folks running Warner Brothers are hard at work looking for her replacement.

Don't they seem busy?

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                            There's a rumor going around that she wanted Diana to have a (talking) tiger side-kick.

I hope the Shazam movie will include Tawky though it doesn't fit our universe...I mean the DC universe WB is creating with it's movies.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow

I hope the Shazam movie will include Tawky though it doesn't fit our universe...I mean the DC universe WB is creating with it's movies.
                              If Suicide Squad is having Killer Croc and rumored to have King Shark than I see no reason Shazam will not be able to use Tawky.

Comment

LOL Did she confuse WW with Captain Marvel?

I say give her the Captain Marvel movie! I'd love for it to have this tone :

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎