Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder Woman (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess will found out how she'll do with this. I heard the debate whether this should be directed by a female director vs a male one and everything that would come with this undertaking because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
      I'm being a good film nerd. I'm withholding excitement for this until they announce the writer and director.
      What a home run by Warner Brothers !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
        http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-direct-752055

Michelle McLaren is officially the director of Wonder Woman.
        On the list of things that need to happen to make a great Wonder Woman movie... that's one.

Comment

Great news, I hope the movie will be great.

Comment

awesome choice. im now excited for the movie

Comment

So personally I love gritty,

But I wonder if her gritty style might frustrate some CBM fans. Michelle MacLaren's Wonder Woman is not going to be a celebration of rainbows and daffodils. It's going to be high-tension and gritty. There might be gore, sexuality, morally-compromised characters, et cetera. I love that, but a large part of the fanbase does not.

Comment

There might be gore, sexuality.
                I wouldn't mind these but I doubt Warner Bros. is going to let it happen for box office reasons.

Out of the trinity though Wonder Woman has the least qualms about killing. Diana's an amazon and her personal mentality is pretty much "if you want peace, prepare for war". Ironically in Diana's more famous stories she snapped a villain's neck which didn't fly well with Superman(!) or Batman. Oh how times change...

Comment

I don't think it's obvious that WB will ban it.

They need Michelle MacLaren to be Michelle MacLaren.

Comment

Sure but just look at Zack Snyder and how much Watchmen and Man of Steel differed from each other when it came to sex and violence.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                      Sure but just look at Zack Snyder and how much Watchmen and Man of Steel differed from each other when it came to sex and violence.
                      Which is the better movie, Watchmen or Man of Steel?

Comment

Watchmen Director's cut. It's actually a great movie.

Comment

I have no problem with Wonder Woman killing. She's an Amazon warrior. She's a soldier, like Captain America.

Comment

Which is the better movie, Watchmen or Man of Steel?
                            For me, definitely Watchmen. It's all around a better movie with good direction, story, writing and characters not to mention it's a pretty faithful adaptation. Watchmen also felt comic booky in a good way because of it's cinematic flare as opposed to Man of Steel which felt very bare bones at times especially for a Superman movie.

Wonder Woman would greatly benefit if it was a larger than life kinda movie similar to The Lord of the Rings.

Comment

Why are fans unhappy at the rumour of the Wonder Woman movie being a period piece?

I saw people write that they'll lose interest if it's set in the 1920s.

Comment

Why are fans unhappy at the rumour of the Wonder Woman movie being a period piece?

I saw people write that they'll lose interest if it's set in the 1920s.
                                Because they can't wrap their heads around something that doesn't meet every expectation they have rattling around in their own brain?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎