No announcement yet.

Krypton (Syfy) - Original KSiteTV/KryptonSite Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krypton (Syfy) - Original KSiteTV/KryptonSite Thread

Man Of Steel writer/producer David Goyer is involved in a TV show called Krypton.

The name suggests a pre-Superman drama set on the planet Krypton, maybe involving the House Of El, maybe Brainiac, maybe an end of the world cult, maybe lots of dragons flying around the place.

Goyer also wrote the screenplay for The Man Of Steel also portrayed some of the Kryptonian lifestyle, as some kind of communist dystopia for which the USA was a blessed relief and alternative. Comics such as the World Of Krypton stories and For The Man Who Has Everything have explored aspects of Krypton, that it would feel hard for such a show to completely ignore.

We told you Warners was developing a Supergirl TV show. It was confirmed by others. We told you Fox was developing an X-Men TV show. It was also confirmed

It would awesome if it was based on the Man of Steel universe. I doubt Russell Crow would come back but he wanted a Krypton prequel film. Ayelet Zurer is now on Daredevil as well.

I would watch it they could even explore further into the history of Krypton than ever before.

Comment

Question because im just ignorent
      On krypton? citizens are not the same super powers as they come earth?

Comment

Originally posted by baron de suberbielle
        Question because im just ignorent
        On krypton? citizens are not the same super powers as they come earth?
        Yes they won't have powers.

Comment

Good to know thank my freind Now im sur Krypton know numerous wars in their past . Like us on earth. And maybe this evantual serie have indirect links with other evantual serie Supergirl.

Comment

Sounds awesome. Hope it doesn't get picked up by the CW.

Comment

I don't like this idea at all, mainly because if this gets put on the air, it'll no doubt compete against Supergirl for ratings, which would be a bad thing for both shows.

Comment

While it seems like a good idea and could be a good show I just wish they would slow down a bit and let the shows and movies we have now breathe a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  I don't like this idea at all, mainly because if this gets put on the air, it'll no doubt compete against Supergirl for ratings, which would be a bad thing for both shows.
                  Even if different networks i dont think DC will compete agianst other DC shows.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                    While it seems like a good idea and could be a good show I just wish they would slow down a bit and let the shows and movies we have now breathe a bit.
                    Definitely, lets see how the series' they already have in the pipeline do before they create another series on tv.

At this point there is enough of these that maybe a new network needs to be formed. And than there would be 24/7 Comic Book programming to go around.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                      Even if different networks i dont think DC will compete agianst other DC shows.
                      They might not compete, but one might draw more viewers away than the other. I guess that's what I was getting at (e.g., More people might watch this show rather than Supergirl or vice versa).

Comment

If i no prob with Krypton. I prefers a serie about Amazone and Themyscira

Comment

We all know how great "Caprica" went. And I - personally - find "Gotham" to be rather boring.
                          I'd rather take the original pitch they had for "Smallville", i.e. about a young pre-Superman Lois Lane than "Krypton"

Comment

Ignoring the writer involved for a moment. How would this even work? It'll focus on Kal-El's grandfather. Most of the familiar characters either won't be born yet or be small kids (not to mention on another planet, as they're from Earth and this is Krypton). So, you can't have a young Lex Luthor or a pre-Parasite Rudy Jones drop by.

Comment

They could pull a Smallville and have Kryptonians able to travel between Earth and Krypton.

Do hope they have some form of space travel so we can see Oa, Rann, and Thanagar.

Man of Steel had it where Kryptonians used to explore space and the Prequel Comic mentioned Thanagarians.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎