Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flash (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's no longer titled "Flashpoint", meaning they might not do the storyline after all.

I hope no one has attempted a drinking game out of all the changes this movie has undergone. They would be raging alcoholics by now.
    Last edited by costas22; 04-04-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Michael Keaton is in talks to reprise the role of Batman in this movie... So... will there be a whole bunch of random cameos (from old franchises), that (presumably) adds nothing to the plot (similar to what the Arrowverse did with Crisis on Infinite Earths)?

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        According to The Hollywood Reporter, Michael Keaton is in talks to reprise the role of Batman in this movie... So... will there be a whole bunch of random cameos (from old franchises), that (presumably) adds nothing to the plot (similar to what the Arrowverse did with Crisis on Infinite Earths)?
        It also goes on to say...

But wait, there’s more. If a deal makes, Keaton wouldn’t just return for Flash but possibly for several other DC-oriented film projects. Sources tell THR that the role being envisioned for the veteran actor is akin to the role played by Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something of a mentor or guide or even string-puller. Batgirl is one the projects in development that could fall into that category.

Sounds like the beginnings of a multiverse story. They need to let these movies stand on their own for awhile.

Comment

The Young and the Restless star Sasha Calle will play Supergirl in the upcoming DC Extended Universe Flash solo film.

Sasha Calle has been cast as Supergirl for this film.... um, this is a Flash movie, right? Supergirl and multiple Batmen...

Comment

Comment

Listening to the Always Hold on To Smallville podcast, and started to think about Michael Keaton being in this movie. This film will be released 30 years after the last time, that Keaton played Batman. I'm sure that the 13-year-olds (and people around that age), who'll be going to watch this film, have such a massive nostalgia for two 30+ year old movies. Then, of course, there are the slightly older ones, who grew up watching the Nolan movies (and not the Tim Burton movies) and would be attached to those and Christian Bale (not Michael Keaton). If they've even watched the Tim Burton ones, there is no guarantee that they even liked them. I've seen lots of Nolan Batman fans declare the two Tim Burton ones rubbish. Because they grew up with the former and not the latter.

It reminds me of that recent Woodstock '99 documentary, where they briefly discussed the '99 festival frequently trying to reference the original. One woman interviewed spoke critically of them attempting to manifacture nostalgia for Woodstock '69, an event (30 years earlier) that none of these kids (late teens/early 20s) in the audience were alive for. I agree with her. You're trying to play into nostalgia, but whose nostalgia?

Comment

Comment

Miller's been arrested again. This time for assaulting a 26-year-old woman with a chair. This is like the fourth (known) time that they have done this (starting with that video in 2020, of them choking a woman). It also appears that the majority of the targets for their violent behavior are women. Frankly, I'm heavily suspecting that Miller's a misogynist. I won't be seeing this movie, as it stars a woman beating turd.
                  Last edited by jon-el87; 04-29-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Ezra Miller is reportedly avoiding law enforcement officers to prevent them from serving the actor with papers related to a protective order.

The Flash star Ezra Miller is reportedly hiding from court papers related to grooming accusations leveled against them.

Vanity Fair recently reported that Chase Iron Eyes and Sara Jumping Eagle were granted a protective order against Miller on behalf of their 18-year-old daughter, however, law enforcement officials haven't been able to pin the actor down. "[Miller] move[s] around so much [that] we’re stuck in this legal limbo situation, and we can’t serve them in any place they’re in long enough," Chase Iron Eyes said. "They’ve been flighty. They’ve been avoiding service, and now there’s public pressure mounting on them to make a decision, which makes us very concerned about Ezra’s volatile nature."

The grooming allegations against Ezra Miller first surfaced in June 2022, after court documents filed by Chase Iron Eyes and Sara Jumping Eagle were made public. These documents claim that Miller has taken advantage of the couple's child, Tokata Iron Eyes, from the age of 12 through "cult-like and psychologically manipulative, controlling behavior." After the news broke, Tokata posted a message on Instagram defending Miller, dismissing their parents' concerns and describing their father as transphobic. In response, Tokata's parents questioned the authenticity of the message, insisting that their child doesn't own a phone.

Grooming accusations are only the latest in a string of legal troubles Miller has faced in 2022. In March, the star was charged with disorderly conduct and harassment over an incident at a bar in Hilo, Hawaii. The following month, Miller was arrested in Hawaii yet again after they allegedly assaulted someone at a house party. More recently, music producer Oliver Ignatius and rapper Ghais Guevara claimed that Miller stole music that they collaborated on together. The duo confirmed that they intend to take Miller to court over the matter.
                    Apparently, there's been no comment or response from Warner Brothers about all of this.

Miller's alleged, among other things (ex. giving the girl drugs and subjecting her to violence), of having attempting to sleep in the same bed as the girl, when she was a minor (but was prevented by another adult).
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 06-14-2022, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Warner Brother has reached critical mass at this point. There’s no way in hell WB can remain silent about any of this. Every time they are in the news it’s getting worse and worse. This movie should never see the light of day, even if WB has no other option but to dump this movie on HBO Max.

Comment

Yeah, the studio can't really send Ezra out on a press tour (when they've been found) for this movie, to promote it (as all that the reporters will ask about is the repeated cases of violence against women, and these latest allegations). Nor would they be able to use Ezra in promotional material, because Ezra's bound to be extremely radioactive.

Seen some people suggesting a recasting (and reshooting Ezra's scenes), but it's too late for that. The film's shot, and they've spent all the money. This is also not like Spacey in All the Money in the World (2017), where they just had to redo the scenes of one supporting character (which still ended up costing $10 million). Or The 1996 DEP Sessions (2004) album, where Tommy Iommi had the drum sections re-recorded with a new drummer (after the originally hired drummer was convicted of sex crimes, and Iommi didn't want the album to have association with a convicted sex offender). We'd be talking about recasting the lead character, and likely having to reshoot the whole movie.

Mind you, I've been wondering for years why they cast Miller in the first place. Like from the start.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 08-25-2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

A court grants a 12-year-old child a harassment prevention order against The Flash's Ezra Miller, who allegedly harassed the child and their family.

A court grants a 12-year-old child a harassment prevention order against The Flash's Ezra Miller, who allegedly harassed the child and their family.

In recent weeks, reports have surfaced surrounding Ezra Miller and their alleged crimes against a number of individuals. Most recently, the actor was the subject of a temporary harassment prevention order granted to a child.

The child, who is non-binary, was granted the order by a court in Greenfield, Massachusetts. The family alleges Miller, whose whereabouts are currently unknown, menaced them one evening in their neighbor’s home and behaved inappropriately with the child. Further details are currently unavailable.

Comment

Deadline has heard the studio has tried getting help for Miller, but the troubling headlines continue to pile up. Could you send a potential liability on a global publicity tour and have the actor anchor a huge studio franchise play?

Zaslav has several choices and he will make one of them soon. Among them: He can pull back on heavily promoting the summer 2023 film, confining it to some P&A and no publicity tour. Or he can relegate it to streaming with HBO Max and take a write-down. Or lean in toward making the movie a hit and then drop Miller if they can’t straighten things out. Warner Bros did that when it dropped Johnny Depp from the Grindelwald character in the Fantastic Beasts franchise, after the actor’s well-publicized, unsuccessful UK lawsuit; the studio replaced Depp with Mads Mikkelsen.

“There is no winning in this for Warner Bros,” one studio source tells us. “This is an inherited problem for Zaslav. The hope is that the scandal will remain at a low level before the movie is released, and hope for the best to turn out.” In Zaslav’s plan to make DC an explosively successful division like Marvel under his newly structured studio, with its own new boss, the non-binary identifying Miller, we hear, is simply not a part of those plans going forward in the future universe regardless if there are more allegations or not.
                            https://deadline.com/2022/06/ezra-mi...av-1235048001/

Comment

Ezra Miller's choking victim, who appeared in a widely circulated video several years ago, breaks her silence and explains the confrontation.

Ezra Miller's choking victim, who appeared in a widely circulated video several years ago, breaks her silence and explains the confrontation.

In early 2020, a video circulated showing The Flash star Ezra Miller assaulting a fan who approached them, appearing to strangle her. The victim of the assault recently broke her silence on the incident and recalled how it came to pass.

Speaking to Variety, the victim, who wishes to remain anonymous, explained, "I think it’s just fun and games — but then it wasn't." It was reported she initially approached Miller and asked about his feet, which were exposed in flip flops and had notable injuries on them. He responded that they were "battle scars" and after more discussion, the victim walked away and joked, "But just so you know, I could take you in a fight." Milled replied, "You really want to fight?" The two met outside the bar, which is when the events in the video took place. It should be noted the victim believed Miller had taken it as a joke, as it was intended, before they exited the bar.

The victim explained, "All of a sudden, [they’re] on top of me, choking me, still screaming in my face if I want to fight," the victim explained. "My friend who’s filming sees [they're] obviously not joking and it’s actually serious, so he stops filming, and pushes [them] off me as [they're] still trying to fight me. Two guy friends of mine are actually holding [Miller] back as [they're] screaming, 'This is what you wanted! This is what you wanted!'" She also alleged Miller spat in her face multiple times. She reported the incident to the police but did not press charges.

In the video, the woman can be seen approaching Miller, joking about starting a fight. Miller can be heard saying, "Oh, you wanna fight? That’s what you wanna do?" before placing their hands on her throat. Miller then pushes the woman to the floor and continues to strangle her before surrounding bar patrons move to intervene. At the time, virtually no context was provided and, while some condemned Miller immediately, others suggested waiting for the actor or woman to issue a response and provide an explanation. No explanation was ever provided until now.

Carlos Reynir, who, at the time, worked as a bartender at Prikið Kaffihús where the altercation took place, noted this was not the first assault involving Miller and a bar patron. Miller had previously put a male patron in a chokehold and slapped him, but the bartender broke up the fight and Miller was allowed to return to the bar. "We just brushed it off as two friends getting drunk and getting in a fight... It's Iceland. That happens twice a weekend," Reynir explained.

Following recent legal troubles, Miller has deactivated their social media accounts and authorities have reportedly been unable to locate the actor, as they are attempting to avoid being served court papers. In response to increasingly frequent reports of assaults and allegations, it has been reported Warner Bros. no longer has any plans to work with Miller.

Comment

I’m going to go see it next year to support the director and the rest of the cast and crew. It’s not fair that this has happened the way it did, but there are many more people that made this film. I am able to separate the actor and character.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎