No announcement yet.

The Flash (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flash (2018)

Thought this needed it's own thread and to start discussion early.

(October 15, 2014 – Burbank, CA) – Today at a Time Warner investors meeting, Warner Bros.’ Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara outlined an aggressive content st

Ezra Miller is the Flash.

So which version of the Flash do we think he is? Who would you like it to be?

I think he's playing Barry Allen. He could also be making a cameo in Batman v Superman.

When I think Barry Allen, that's not the face I think of. That won't necessarily matter, but they certainly didn't care about casting a guy who looks like the comic book character, that's for sure.

Comment

For some reason I thought it was already confirmed that he will be Barry Allen, and also confirming that the TV and Movie universes will be separate. Can't remember where I seen it, I will look for a a link...

Wouldn't be my first choice either, and I think this dude will look minuscule compared to Cav-El, Batfleck and Mamoa.... though by all accounts he is a fantastic actor, and that is encouraging. If they are casting these folks for their ability instead of just looking like a comic character, that is OK with me, mostly.

Comment

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are working behind the scenes to develop a story for Warner Bros.’ big-screen version of the DC Comic-based superhero The Flash. They are currently working on a treatment for the studio about the superhero, whose super speed allows him to seemingly break the speed of light and time travel. The character, […]

Phil Lord and Chris Miller has signed on to write the script for The Flash it is still uncertain if they will also direct.

Comment

Lord and Miller? Seriously?

I thought they were a pure pipe dream of fan hiring.

Comment

Wish we'd get the best of both worlds as in actors who can look and act the part. We aren't listening to audio books, film is a visual medium.

Comment

Put me in the boat of people not agreeing with this choice for Barry.

Of course, there's always they wait till you see it, well just like with Jessie Eisenberg, sometimes you can just look and tell they don't fit the part.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                Lord and Miller? Seriously?

I thought they were a pure pipe dream of fan hiring.
                I figured they'd want it. I also figured they'd be super busy by now with other projects.

Comment

Phil Lord says that his and Chris Miller's DC designs include a Barry Allen Flash movie, which will be something of a standalone film.

Phil Lord talks about the Flash and they are trying to come up with script concepts now.

Comment

'Flash' would be the feature directorial debut of the best-selling author of 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' and 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.'

The Hollywood Reporter is saying Seth Grahame-Smith is going to be the director but it isn't confirmed by Warner Bros.

He has only directed two episodes of a TV series. He is also an author and screenplay writer.

He was the writer of the Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies books.

Comment

Rumor: Character descriptions from Heroic Hollywood so take with a grain of salt maybe more.

IRIS WEST: Iris West is described in the breakdown as having Christiane Amanpour’s brains and Carrie Bradshaw’s style. An overcaffinated doe. A reporter at The Central City Citizen. Actresses are currently testing for this part.

EOBARD THAWNE: Eobard Thawne is described in the breakdown as Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room and he suffers from advanced degenerative disease like Stephen Hawking. Thawne is confined to a chair.

FRED CHYRE: Fred Chyre is described in the breakdown as a gruff detective who first meets Barry at the scene of a crime. Now they’re colleagues and the closest thing Barry has to a friend. Chryre is investigating the unusual death of someone at Thawne Laboratories

LEN SNART: Len Snart is described in the breakdown as being ex-military and turns out to be working for Thawne. Have a feeling he is the muscle the way Anatoli Knyazev (aka the KGBEAST) was the muscle for Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

JAY GARRICK: Jay Garrick is described in the breakdown as being a former Central University professor who was fired for fringe science, and was working on the speed force program. Supposedly his role is just a cameo.
                      I like the characters and some of the descriptions but the two descriptions I hate are the one for Eobard Thawne and Len Snart.

I hope those two descriptions are wrong.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the Thawne one on the condition that it's an act of his to throw people off the fact he's actually RF. Him being the smartest man in the room would make sense as he's from the future. Snart's certainly sounds terrible and I really don't like that.

Not a fan Iris' description, overcaffinated is never something I've thought is a good character point.

Comment

If it were me, I wouldn't put Thawne in a wheelchair after the show just did that. I'd interpret him differently. But that's me.

Comment

Seth Grahame-Smith was attached to direct the superhero film starring Ezra Miller, but is leaving over "creative differences."

Flash loses its director over creative differences.

He is still working with WB on the Lego Batman Movie and Beetlejuice 2.

Comment

They're keeping his script but getting someone else to direct? Something don't smell right.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎