Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Apprentice?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Apprentice?

What did you think?
    10 - Makes me want to dance with my broom.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This episode should be sucked into the hat and never seen agian.
    0%

My review (cross-posted):
    Great episode tonight.

I knew Brad Dourif was coming back, but was still caught off guard when the Dark One at the beginning of the episode turned out to be Zozo.

Everybody (both in-universe and out) continues to treat Rumplestiltskin as a villain, but he continues to prove time and again that it's not and never has been that simple. Robert Carlyle simply slayed it in this episode, both as Mist-Haven!Rumple and as Storybrooke!Rumple/Mr. Gold, and the writing continues to prove my assertions that the character is meant to be seen as the Severus Snape of this franchise.

I liked the way that Anna found out about Rumple's weakness with the Dagger, and the way that she used it to force him to give her the Hat box and send her back to Arendelle, although I do want to know how/why the Hat box ended up in Storybrooke; I'm also more than a bit worried that, even though she's not known to have magic, her current fate might not be benign and might have something to do with said Hat.

I don't quite know what to make of the Emma/Hook date, but I did like seeing her in a dress and him in modern clothing, and I loved that it provided an opportunity for Snow and Charming to act like over-interested/overly protective parents, respectively. I'm not entirely sure what the point of Will bumping into Emma was other than to provide a way for the writers to do the 'evil hand' thing, but I did like seeing him.

Speaking of Will, I really want to find out * sooner rather than later * what happened to separate him from Ana, the White Rabbit, and Wonderland (that scene of him in the jail cell was funny, and I liked the cartoony image of Ana that he had in his pocket), and don't know if I can make myself wait any longer to find out the answers (stop making us wait, writers, or we're going to get really cranky .)

Elizabeth Mitchell revealed in an interview that the Snow Queen hasn't been given a real name as of yet, but at least she's got a Storybrooke alias (I do wish we'd seen how they knew/figured what said alias was, but that's neither here nor there) so that we can stop referring to her just as the Snow Queen/SQ. The fact that her alias isn't Swan does put the final kibosh on my theory about her being Emma's adoptive mother, so I'm really interested to find out exactly what their relationship is and why Emma doesn't or can't remember her. I'm not entirely sure what was up with her skulking around town, but it is what it is.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Henry being sneaky and deceptive, but that wariness is offset by wanting to see him and Rumple spend more time together.

The writers continue to make things really interesting both in the present and in the past, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

I gave it a 7. To me, it did nothing to really progress the storyline, and I wasn't impressed with The Apprentice (although that could be because it's been years since I've seen Fantasia).

I understand that it was meant to focus on CaptainSwan (which I didn't mind), but I was disappointed that Regina only had one scene and there were no scenes with Robin Hood.

Hopefully, next week will be better.
      Last edited by Aries83; 10-21-2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

What annoyed me about this episode is how stupid Hook was in it. First he thought he could get away with blackmailing the Dark One and then making a deal with him. Of all people, he should know better to never make a deal with Rumple – EVER. Now, he is Rumple’s puppet. It will be hard to watch him being Rumple's puppet while hiding it from Emma. This brings me to my biggest annoyance, Hook not telling Emma the truth about Belle having a fake dagger and his hand.

Rumple continues to use his talents as the trickster to get what he wants. This is not the first time we have seen him use “love” as weapon and it won’t be the last. He hates being controlled by the dagger and even more so after what Zelena did to him. He will do whatever it takes to be free of it. As he hunts for more magical powers to put in the hat, Snow Queen, Elsa, Regina, and Emma need to watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          Hook not telling Emma the truth about Belle having a fake dagger and his hand.
          I could understand him coming clean about his hand, but why on Earth would he tell Emma that Rumple gave Belle a fake dagger?

It's none of Emma's business, quite frankly.

By now, I would think Belle would know that Rumple keeping secrets comes with the territory.

If Emma knew the truth and told Belle, it would prove that she was a true friend, but it's really not her place to do so, at least in my opinion.

Belle is just going to have to learn for herself.
          Last edited by Aries83; 10-21-2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I give it an 8- not enough Regina, dangit. And little Snow Queen/Elsa.

Next week's episode looks like it will be more action-packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              I could understand him coming clean about his hand, but why on Earth would he tell Emma that Rumple gave Belle a fake dagger?

It's none of Emma's business, quite frankly.

By now, I would think Belle would know that Rumple keeping secrets comes with the territory.

If Emma knew the truth and told Belle, it would prove that she was a true friend, but it's really not her place to do so, at least in my opinion.

Belle is just going to have to learn for herself.
              It has nothing to do with her getting into Belle and Rumple's private business and everything to do with her being the sheriff. Any time Emma views Rumple as a suspect, all he has to do is have Belle pull out the "fake" dagger, and he is able to convince everyone that he didn't do it like in the death of Zelena. This is a vital piece of information that as sheriff Emma needs to know that Rumple is not being compelled to tell the truth.
              Last edited by SteelyGal; 10-22-2014, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                Any time Emma views Rumple as a suspect, all he has to do is have Belle pull out the "fake" dagger, and he is able to convince everyone that he didn't do it like in the death of Zelena.
                If that's all Emma does in the future, it sounds like Storybrooke needs a new sheriff.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎