Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suicide Squad (2016)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jai Courtney is awful. Legitimately terrible. Practically kills the movie for me and it's not even made yet.

Tom Hardy is obviously solid, but it's weird that he was already Bane.

Will Smith as Captain Boomerang doesn't work at all.

This movie is quickly going from "slightly interesting" to "I'll see it if it ever comes out on Netflix".

Comment

Not a fan of Jai Courtney either, but hardly kills the movie for me.

Backwards, your really only "slightly" interested? This is definitely shaping up to be one of my most anticipated CBM's just behind BvS.

Will Smith as Captain Boomerang is puzzling though, and I'll believe it when I see it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
        Not a fan of Jai Courtney either, but hardly kills the movie for me.

Backwards, your really only "slightly" interested? This is definitely shaping up to be one of my most anticipated CBM's just behind BvS.

Will Smith as Captain Boomerang is puzzling though, and I'll believe it when I see it, lol.
        The source isn't even that sure which role Will Smith is playing they are just speculating it is Captain Boomerang.

Comment

Why would Will Smith play such a minor character?

Comment

Will Smith is playing Amanda Waller, Madea style!

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
              Jai Courtney is awful. Legitimately terrible. Practically kills the movie for me and it's not even made yet.

Tom Hardy is obviously solid, but it's weird that he was already Bane.

Will Smith as Captain Boomerang doesn't work at all.

This movie is quickly going from "slightly interesting" to "I'll see it if it ever comes out on Netflix".
              I'll put $20 down that you're seeing it the first week :-)

Jai Courtney was really bad in Divergent. He comes off as a particularly dumb jock.

Comment

Harley is in my Top 10 favorite comic book characters, but she's really the only draw for me here unless I hear otherwise. I just picture this being some contemporary gritty nonsense where the filmmakers and studio think they're making a movie that's a lot better and "cooler" than it really is, ala Daredevil. I'm happy to be proven wrong, though.
                Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 11-13-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                  I'll put $20 down that you're seeing it the first week :-)
                  I'll admit that if the reviews are largely positive, I'll probably still go. But there are many movies coming out that are much higher on my anticipation list.

Comment

B.G. - Have you watched "Assault on Arkham"? If so, wondering if you enjoyed it? I am thinking (see: hoping) that the live action Suicide Squad movie is done very similar.

Comment

B.G. - Have you watched "Assault on Arkham"? If so, wondering if you enjoyed it? I am thinking (see: hoping) that the live action Suicide Squad movie is done very similar.
                      Wasn't my cup of tea. I had a lot of questions and couldn't find a character to root for. I also felt the women were portrayed poorly.

Comment

I thought the movie was pointless. And the third act was even more pointless with all the stupid cameos.

I'm really confused by how poorly written these movies are. Writing 72 minute DCAU scripts sounds like a fun job but they all feel like they're made by people just putting in another day at the office.
                        Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-15-2014, 03:21 AM.

Comment

It will be interesting if they put Harley Quinn in because will be forced to give Harley a practical costume, which the new 52 is not. It will be interesting to see of dc goes with the original costume and make it not silly like in the birds of prey tv series.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                            I thought the movie was pointless. And the third act was even more pointless with all the stupid cameos.

I'm really confused by how poorly written these movies are. Writing 72 minute DCAU scripts sounds like a fun job but they all feel like they're made by people just putting in another day at the office.
                            I wish I could argue with you about this, and I think I enjoyed more of them than you did, but a lot of them have been mediocre to fairly awful.

Comment

I hope they go in a similar direction as Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman with Harley's character. Naturally with more Joker in the mix.

Comment

New details about Suicide Squad shooting schedule.

David Ayer's Suicide Squad will be shooting in Toronto.

The big-budget actioner, with a working title Bravo 14, has booked into Pinewood Toronto Studios for pre-production starting in February. The Fury director will then have the cameras rolling on the Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment feature from mid-April to September in and around Toronto.

Jai Courtney, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are in the final stages of talks for roles. Colin Wilson is producing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎