Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aquaman (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiki has these names for Aquman: King of the Seven Seas, The Dweller-in-the-Depths, Aquatic Ace, Marine Marvel, Terra Firma

Marine Marvel would be a funny jab at Marvel.

Comment

Don't know about movie titles but my guess is they'll just call him Arthur and possibly king. If we're lucky we may hear the words Aquaman and Atlantis uttered once as a sort of contractual obligation.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
        Don't know about movie titles but my guess is they'll just call him Arthur and possibly king. If we're lucky we may hear the words Aquaman and Atlantis uttered once as a sort of contractual obligation.
        Girl on the beach in a bikini(after Arthur has been under water for 10 minutes and resurfaces unharmed carrying a child who almost drowned): what are man or merman?
        Surfer: He is some kind a Aqua--dude.

I ask surprised no one has joked about Mercy Reef as a title? To esoteric outside of the smallville fandom?

Comment

No scales, no talking to fish.

Aquaman: The Movie

Comment

I wonder if we'll even see Mera. She will probably be replaced by some landlubber so audiences can relate I'd imagine.

Comment

^Depressing thought.

How about calling it King Arthur? Let's see how gullible people are.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                How about calling it King Arthur? Let's see how gullible people are.
                I will now be disappointed if it's called anything else.

Comment

There's an Aquman arc called King Arthur written by Dan Jurgens about 15 years ago.

I think they'll borrow a lot of their back story from Geoff Johns Throne of Atlantis story arc.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                    I think they'll borrow a lot of their back story from Geoff Johns Throne of Atlantis story arc.
                    I hope they don't, considering we're getting the animated version of that first.

Comment

I would expect a lot of Johnsian influence.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                        I would expect a lot of Johnsian influence.
                        I remember being a huge fan of Johns after GL: Rebirth, the Legion of Superheroes work he did, and his run on JSA. Now, when you say that, it just depresses me.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                          I hope they don't, considering we're getting the animated version of that first.
                          There's hope and then there's reality my friend.

There's not many what you can call "famous" Aquaman storyline where you can oh let's base a prtion of our story from so and so.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                            There's hope and then there's reality my friend.

There's not many what you can call "famous" Aquaman storyline where you can oh let's base a portion of our story from so and so.
                            They can always go original.

Comment

How about Atlantis versus Themsycira...haven't they done that in the comics at some point?

Comment

^It was a big thing in Flashpoint.

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                                I remember being a huge fan of Johns after GL: Rebirth, the Legion of Superheroes work he did, and his run on JSA. Now, when you say that, it just depresses me.
                                Any specific work he did, or just Johns overload?
                                Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 08-18-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎