No announcement yet.

DC Movie Slate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DA_Champion
    There are two separate issues, that of creating job opportunities for minority actors which is what you're bringing up and that of putting up good minority good characters on screen which is what I was discussing. The first issue is important too, but it's not what I was discussing. As for arcs, Swanwick and White were as secondary as Rhodey and Falcon, secondary characters don't necessarily need arcs ... the Emperor didn't have an arc in RoTJ he's pretty important though. Also, MoS was a plot-driven and not a character-driven film, other than Col. Hardy, Zod, and Clark Kent there weren't any arcs. War Machine and Falcon are not equals. The movies are not named after them, they get less screen time, they don't get glory in The Avengers team-up movies, and in the case of Don Cheadle his salary for IM3 might have been $100,000, in contrast to the $100,000,000 that RDJ made, a difference of a factor of A THOUSAND. We can debate their merits but let's not pretend that they're equals to their leads. They're not equals, they're sidekicks.
    Yeah no Man of Steel would have more or less been the same movie without Perry or Swanwick. Rhodey and Sam are important on the level of Lucius Fox, the only minority DC has given a significant story arc to within the several DC films.The two issues are linked, but playing along with your logic Peter Quill is a minority character. He is the product of a human and unknown species. He is biologically unique. Gamora is also unique, she is the last of her kind. Rocket is one of a kind due the genetic experimentation that has altered him. So there again 3 minorities versus what? 1 minority in Man of Steel.
    Last edited by Degobunny; 08-10-2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
      ....Italian-American actress Carla Gugino voice Kelex?
      Damn, I never realized that, thats very cool

Comment

Warner Bros. has registered new domain URLs for Justice League, Shazam, Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies.

WB registers 4 new websites.

JusticeLeagueFilm.com
        ShazamMovie.com
        WonderWomanTheMovie.com
        AquamanMovie.com

Comment

Works out as The Rock in the last 10 minutes via twitter announced he's playing Black Adam.

Comment

Now the trick is to find someone to play Shazam audiences will want to see beat him. Rock's always been a better face.

Comment

That's great!! The Rock is going to be an amazing Black Adam.

Comment

So Darren Lemke is writing the script, that is a let down. I never watched Turbo, but Jack the Giant Slayer was a mess.

Comment

Latino-Review so take it with a grain of salt.

"According to sources, Warners is quietly sending out the DC comic book Legion Of Superheroes to screenwriters & their reps for takes. For non-industry folks, what that means is that screenwriters check out the comic book and come up for a movie idea involving the characters from that comic. Those writers then go to the studio to pitch their idea. The studio then hires the screenwriter they feel has the best idea or take for the film." - El Mayimbe

Comment

https://twitter.com/twxcorp/with_replies The official Twitter account for Time Warner.

@WarnerBrosEnt plans to release at least 10 @DCComics -based films beginning in 2016, not counting stand-alone Batman and Superman films.

Comment

First DC movie after Batman vs Superman will be Suicide Squad

"Wonder Woman" movie coming in 2017!

2nd DC movie in 2017: Justice League

2018 DC Movies: The Flash starring Ezra Miller and Aquaman starring Jason Momoa.

2019 DC Movies: Shazam and Justice League 2

Other DC movies in the works: Cyborg, a Green Lantern reboot, and new stand-alone Superman and Batman movies.

Comment

Comment

I just realized something...why is Jusitce League Dark not mentioned on DC movie slate? Please tell me they are still going through with it. That was the DC film I was looking forward to the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                            I just realized something...why is Jusitce League Dark not mentioned on DC movie slate? Please tell me they are still going through with it. That was the DC film I was looking forward to the most.
                            Dego me as well but if you look at the JLD thread somewhere on here. Del Toro say's it's still in the works and he's rewriting the script but has an outline. That's all he'sa busy man and WB can't wait maybe after 2020?.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                              Dego me as well but if you look at the JLD thread somewhere on here. Del Toro say's it's still in the works and he's rewriting the script but has an outline. That's all he'sa busy man and WB can't wait maybe after 2020?.
                              I just want Del Toro to actually make the film. If I have until after 2020, fine. I just want the film to actually be made.

Comment

"Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - March 25, 2016
                                "Suicide Squad" - August 5, 2016
                                "Wonder Woman" - June 23, 2017
                                "Justice League: Part 1" - November 17, 2017
                                "The Flash" - March 23, 2018
                                "Aquaman" - July 27, 2018
                                "Shazam" - April 5, 2019
                                "Justice League: Part 2" - June 14, 2019
                                "Cyborg" - April 3, 2020
                                "Green Lantern" - June 19, 2020

Erza Miller is DCCU Flash: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ie-star-741019

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎