Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shazam

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Warburton? Hee hee.... only half-kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
      Patrick Warburton? Hee hee.... only half-kidding.
      He'll be too busy playing the Tick again

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        So now its a matter of getting Shazam...so who do you guys want in the leading role?

An unknown is probably a good option. They already have enough familiar stars in the DCU, why not get a newbie?
        Only problem I see happening with someone unknown is that The Rock's presence will overshadow theirs majorly as he brings a charisma and dominance to everything he does. Any fresh actor is going to struggle to keep up with his presence especially when well known actor's that have a presence of their own are easily overthrown (Just like what happened in Fast 5 when you had Rock, Diesel and Walker in the same scene, Rock just had major dominance over the rest of them).

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
          Only problem I see happening with someone unknown is that The Rock's presence will overshadow theirs majorly as he brings a charisma and dominance to everything he does. Any fresh actor is going to struggle to keep up with his presence especially when well known actor's that have a presence of their own are easily overthrown (Just like what happened in Fast 5 when you had Rock, Diesel and Walker in the same scene, Rock just had major dominance over the rest of them).
          I've heard the idea of him playing both parts.

Comment

He'll be too busy playing the Tick again
            I know, its crazy! Looking forward to that

Comment

I've heard the idea of him playing both parts.
              It would be an interesting concept if true though I'm sceptical that is how they would decide to go about it. Best part about it though would be that he's guaranteed to be a part of the big picture and would most likely end up as a part of the Jutice League movie.

Comment

So does this count as type casting after The Mummy Returns and the Scorpion King movie?

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow

So does this count as type casting after The Mummy Returns and the Scorpion King movie?
                  Maybe not since Black Adam is The Rock's favorite DC character he is playing his dream role.

John Stewart was his other favorite character but they aren't using him in the DCCU.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                    John Stewart... they aren't using him in the DCCU.
                    Has this been confirmed?

GL will be joining JL at some point, I would be surprised if they re-upped w/ Reynold as Jordan, ditto for recasting him... wouldn't be surprised at all if they switched it up and went with John Stewart this time around.

Comment

Has this been confirmed?

GL will be joining JL at some point, I would be surprised if they re-upped w/ Reynold as Jordan, ditto for recasting him... wouldn't be surprised at all if they switched it up and went with John Stewart this time around.
                      The Rock said that he wanted to play John Stewart but DC told him they are will still using Hal Jordan.

The original plan for Green Lantern was to have Guy Gardner in the sequel maybe they might use him.

This was in the interview where he hinted he would play Black Adam.
                      Last edited by Halberdier17; 09-04-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                        The Rock said that he wanted to play John Stewart but DC told him they are will still using Hal Jordan.

The original plan for Green Lantern was to have Guy Gardner in the sequel maybe they might use him.

This was in the interview where he hinted he would play Black Adam.
                        Interesting... I had read some of those interviews, but failed to catch that part. Any chance you have a link to that particular Q&A?

I was wondering if they would ever consider using Guy Gardner instead... that would be intriguing.

Comment

Interesting... I had read some of those interviews, but failed to catch that part. Any chance you have a link to that particular Q&A?

I was wondering if they would ever consider using Guy Gardner instead... that would be intriguing.
                          You posted it in the OP of this thread I might be misunderstanding what he said when he said "It is someone that can throw down with Superman and it isn't Green Lantern."

Comment

That's one word for it.

Comment

Guy. Ha.

Comment

It looks like Shazam will be flying solo in his own universe...

The Shazam project will be produced by New Line, a subsidiary of Warner Bros. proper, and when New Line president Toby Emmerich gets on the phone to EW, he makes it clear that the film will be a different kind of superhero movie. “It feels to me like Shazam will have a tone unto itself,” he explains. “It’s a DC comic, but it’s not a Justice League character, and it’s not a Marvel comic. The tone and the feeling of the movie will be different from the other range of comic book movies.”

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/0...ovie-rock-fun/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎