Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shazam

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, just wondered if you knew something I didn't. It does seem like it would be hard pressed to finish up and be ready for July 2016... but WB/DC are kicking it into high gear lately it seems, so who knows?

Comment

It could be possible but if they keep to the schedule then it most likely will end up being a rushed film which isn't something that I'd want to see at all and I doubt that's what WB & DC would want either, especially as it's a lesser known character so they will need all the good publicity about it to try and ensure a good box office gross.

Comment

Dwayne Johnson drops another hint on his twitter today about his upcoming DC role...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	6628451

Comment

No, Black Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
            No, Black Adam
            He is certainly being mysterious about it, lol... I am starting to lean towards Black Adam too, actually.

It makes some sense, he won't be tied down to one role for so long if he takes the villain role, he much more looks the part of Adam, and I think it would be more interesting to see him as the bad guy in a movie as opposed to the good guy as usual.

Though, you would have to get a really strong lead actor for Shazam if you went this way, cause The Rock/Black Adam could easily outshine the hero in this one and take this movie over if not...
            Last edited by The Krypton Knight; 07-25-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I dont remember exactly what he said but one of his comments or twits was about villains being bad a$$ and then being able to throw down with Superman recently (by itself the last one could mean Shazam as well but taking both in consideration it may point to Black Adam). Also i think the resemblance is uncanny and well, we have an aged Batman so it could be the case of an aged Shazam, how ever, Rock´s age and looks set him a lot closer to comic books Black Adam.

Comment

Incidentally, any wrestling fans on here remember his infamous "duet" with Steve Austin? I remember hearing afterwards that WWE had all the performers backstage sit in front of a live feed to watch the masters work a crowd. That was amazing television. That and his first match with Hogan... absolutely incredible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
                  Cool, just wondered if you knew something I didn't. It does seem like it would be hard pressed to finish up and be ready for July 2016... but WB/DC are kicking it into high gear lately it seems, so who knows?
                  Maybe WB has had these plans around the time of Green Lantern but that movie made them hit a snag. Still, now WB is in full swing.

Comment

Interview with Dwayne Johnson from a Brazilian website.

"My trip to Comic-Con was a surprise, so I called personally to executives at New Line and Warner Bros. to see if they would like to announce Shazam me there. Unfortunately, it was not time yet, but the official announcement should happen soon." Of course, we're hearing an awful lot of talk about Shazam and not much else as of right now, so is it ever really going to happen?

"I am 100% sure that the movie will happen We're talking about it since 2008, when I was offered the role for the first time was just a matter of finding the right script, and it finally happened now," Johnson promised. "We have a writer who understood the story and brought an amazing approach not only to Shazam, but the power of Black Adam as well." Here's where things get a little confusing though. After reiterating that Johnson has not yet chosen between playing the hero or villain.
                    Last edited by Halberdier17; 08-19-2014, 04:21 PM. Reason: The website for the translation wasn't accepted

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                      Interview with Dwayne Johnson from a Brazilian website.

http://m.omelete.uol.com.br/cinema/s...ego-comic-con/
                      If true that is very interesting.

Comment

Is Black Adam

Kneel at his feet or get crushed by his boot." My honor to become.. #BlackAdam #TheAntiHero #DCComics

Comment

Darren Lemke is set to write the script.

No production date has been set, as Lemke has just been brought on to write. But once a script is delivered, DC is likely to move fast to get the film quickly up and running .Lemke most recently penned the “Goosebumps” script for Sony; his past credits include DreamWorks Animation’s “Turbo” and “Jack the Giant Slayer.”

Though Dwayne Johnson hasn’t been shy about teasing his potential involvement in New Line Cinema’s “Shazam” movie, the superhero comicbook pic now looks closer to achieving lift-off. Sources tell Variety that Darren Lemke is set to write the script with Johnson attached to star. Johnson will play Black Adam, who in recent issues of the DC comicbook, is more […]

Comment

This day and week is all about comic books and superheroes! I just have one question. Do you smell what The Rock is cookin'?

Comment

The Rock IS Black Adam!

Comment

So now its a matter of getting Shazam...so who do you guys want in the leading role?

An unknown is probably a good option. They already have enough familiar stars in the DCU, why not get a newbie?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎