No announcement yet.

Shazam

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DA_Champion
    Well, they're not going to merge all the universes are they?
    This is just my belief that since they said they are okay with some movies and TV series being their own continuity. That is why I said they are creating a Multiverse and this is just what I would expect to happen. I don't they would actually merge them it might be something like a window to the Multiverse and certain characters will be able to see and possibly cross over to the other universes in the Multiverse. Though I do expect the movies to eventually be merged together.

Comment

So Arrow-verse is actually Bizarro-verse? It all makes sense now!

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
        This is just my belief that since they said they are okay with some movies and TV series being their own continuity. That is why I said they are creating a Multiverse and this is just what I would expect to happen. I don't they would actually merge them it might be something like a window to the Multiverse and certain characters will be able to see and possibly cross over to the other universes in the Multiverse. Though I do expect the movies to eventually be merged together.
        A scene with Cavill's Superman and JL seeing all the TV iterations and Shazam, etc through a window the Multiverse would be the greatest comic book scene ever! Man, I need that scene now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
          I applaud WB/DC for setting this in a separate cinematic universe, assuming the rumour is true. Regardless of what Marvel does, it isn't the case that every single movie and every tv show and every cartoon and every video game and every comic book needs to be in the same continuity.
          I want DC to incorporate there multiverse into the lives action stuff, hopefully they can work out the logistics of it. Some of my favorite DC story arcs are else-world titles.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
            So Arrow-verse is actually Bizarro-verse? It all makes sense now!
            Bizzaro-Arrow, now with scars over 20% of his body!
            [img] http://img2.*****.nocookie.net/__cb2...n_Arrow_01.jpg [/img]
            Last edited by Degobunny; 09-08-2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

In an interview with MTV Dwayne Johnson said that Shazam could potentially release before the announced release date.

Comment

The official plot synopsis has been revealed:

We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Asher Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Zachary Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Mark Strong).
                https://batman-news.com/2018/02/05/s...psis-official/

Comment

DC movies are failing except Wonder woman and Suicide Squad that has held hopes for DC fan. If Shazam can do good it would be a miracle. DC series are fantastic love watching each episode of all season of each show, their animated series is also perfect, but when comes to the movie part they are missing the point. I think they should have shown the origin of each superhero first, that would be loved by most of us fan.
                  Let's see if Shazam could do best for us.

Comment

Comment

I saw the trailer and I am so happy, I can not wait to see this movie. Shazam was always one of my favorite superheroes.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            Has anyone been to one of the Shazam's prescreenings and would like to share (non-spoiler) impressions ?

Shazam is currently at 93 % on RT, but with 46 reviews only (as of Sunday, March 24, 6:35 AM EST). It may go lower as more reviews come in, but ir looks like it will be certified fresh.

Comment

Watched it a few hours ago. Quite enjoyed it.

Comment

I watched it last night. I was pleasantly surprised. It follows the vein of the New 52 origin stories being the main basis for the movie story. I thought it was a pretty good origin, and brought something seriously lacking in the DC Universe into play. FUN! I just had fun watching this. It's not the greatest movie ever done. It doesn't break new ground. It did however make me laugh, and enjoy myself. Even thinking about it afterwards, it hit the right notes for me. I'll put some spoilery stuff below, but I thought this movie, after Wonder Woman and Aquaman, is an example of what DC and WB need to keep doing.

[SPOILER] The movie opening with Savana being summoned to the Rock of Eternity, and then being promptly rejected as not pure of heart, starting an obsession with getting the Champions Power was kind of formulaic, but works here. He's a pretty stereotypical supervillain. Then again, that's exactly what this movie shoots for. It's not trying to be deep. It's literally an escapist origin that doesn't take itself too seriously. It makes fun of tropes we expect, and even get in the movie. Billy solves all of his problems by the end. He grows as a character, and accepts the family he rejected, and his place. But it puts us exactly where we expect. Any sequels, have the Billy Batson everyone recognizes, and a confident Shazam who has unlocked his full powers.

I also loved the inclusion of the Shazam Family. Mary, Freddy, and the rest of the New 52 gang show up as full heroes by the end. It also didn't seem forced to me to include them. Right at the get go, Shazam tells Billy there was a council of Wizards who safeguarded the power, and protected the world from the Seven Deadly Sins. By then end of the movie, Billy makes it so there are now 6 heroes, using the power of the Champion to Protect everyone. If you didn't see it coming, you can be foregiven, but anyone passingly familiar with the character could see it telegraphed out from the onset. And it still worked for me.

Freddy also became a fast favorite of mine. He's funny, has real problems, but expresses the very optimism characters like Superman and Batman are supposed to inspire. If anything, he should almost have been the Champion instead of Billy, but you know, fate and stuff. I also loved that he is inspired by Superman and Batman, and that this movie is firmly in the DC Cinematic Universe. I like him pushing Billy to be more heroic. I also liked him being a kid, falling into the allure of knowing Shazam, and promising the school he'll come eat lunch with them, only to have Billy take off and leave. I also like the end redemption with Shazam coming to eat, and then Superman joining them.
                                [/SPOILER]

All in all, I give it a solid 8/10. Will see again, and hope this is the course correction we needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎