Attack site

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack site

Hey guys,

I am getting a warning before getting to the forum page that this is a virus attack site. Numerous times when I've tried to load the forum home page, other spam programs have tried to load, but I've been able to close that page. It's only been happening since the recent reorganization of the forum.

Um, what's up with this??

I got it too (Waterfox 28)

Funny thing is, the explanation site says "everything's OK": http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...e=vBForum_Post

Comment

Glad to see I'm not Robinson Crusoe.

What's doing, Craig and crew??!!

Comment

I'm looking into the situation, which is embarrassing and annoying so please no jokes.

I have all of the security plugins enabled which say nothing of malware. All scans are run, no filed have been edited etc... Google seems to think there is some, and I've searched and other sites have had the same problem.

I'm sure the site - especially the forum - is safe. There have been the cache issues, yes, but this is something I'm taking seriously and working out. Just like I said, no joking on it because it's a stressful situation.

Comment

Also, I do not believe it's involved the forum at all, nor do I believe spam programs EVER tried to load here, so I'd appreciate it if you think that's the case, you contact me privately before freaking other people out.

Comment

Yeah this is the first time i've ever got this on Ksite.

You try and get into the forum and it says it's an attack site. But i've just checked everything seems fine on my end so far.

Comment

Yeah, it's a Google flag that I hope will go away in a few hours. Apparently some code got into something that went on in the main site. It only seemed to go through two times (according to Google) but that was enough to put warning flags up. It has been found and deleted and now I'm just waiting for them to come around.

Comment

seems the warning message is gone now.

Comment

Nice work, lads. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks to you, too, for visiting the forum. Glad some people have stuck around

Fortunately my web hosts were able to diagnose the problem QUICKLY and then Google processed it and took off any warning. Thank goodness. I was scared and stressed.

Comment

My absolute pleasure, Craig. This place is STILL a daily part of my life.

Comment

Sometimes I get a warning message when I try to enter the Flash forum, is weird because I can visit the rest of the site without problems, but from time to time my browser flags the flash section as dangerous because it may have malware. And is not a constant warning, some days appears, others everything is fine.

I'm not worried because I have known the site for quite a while (even if I haven't been very active) but I thought you should know.

Comment

Hello, I am getting the "attack site" message today (5-15-15 a little it after midnight). clearly this isn't the case. Though in one of the messages that came along with it suggested it may be one of the ads. The warning said "Badware" is the issue. So i figured it means one of the ads. Anyways, i figured i would drop you a note so it can be taken care of.

I know it's rarely mentioned but myself and all the other users here do appreciate your hard work to keep this site up and running not just with all the cool stuff related to the shows but all technical aspects as well. Hat's off to anyone that makes this site run.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎