Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of King of the Damned?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabriel was on Earth when Metatron cast the spell, he never fell. If he had returned to Heaven surely Cas would have known or any of the other angels.

Comment

Gabriel was killed by Lucifer WAY before Metatron came into the picture....we all thought he was dead because you could see his burnt wings....usually the sign of deadness in an angel. Gabriel's explanation to Cas as to why he was there, was that he was hiding in heaven after Lucifer killed him....typical Trickster stuff....whether that's true or not or a complete retcon remains to be seen. So, if we are to believe Gabriel, he was in heaven in hiding and fell with the rest of the angels.....

Comment

yes but the last thing Gabriel would do is go back to Heaven, it's totally out of character, the 'Gabriel' Cas saw was just Metatron messing with him imo

Comment

I guess it just remains to be seen exactly who and what Gabriel was.....to be honest, after Meta Fiction, how do we know that Metatron has stopped writing? Did Abbadon truly die? Is Metatron still messing with EVERYTHING? AND, how is Gavin not dying going to screw with everything? Was he really brought back just to pull on Crowley's heartstrings? or do the writers have a big bomb to drop that Gavin's existence somehow thwarts Metatron's whole game?

And when did Kripke become "Executive Consultant" ???? I might have not been paying attention during the snooze fest that was Bloodlines and the other fillers, but his credits are both on Meta Fiction and King of the Damned.....any clue if he has taken up more control now?

Comment

It's been several days since I watched this episode and I'm still not sure how I feel (unless it's 'meh').

So Abaddon traveled back in time (really?) to get Crowley's son. Which I was immediately thinking 'that's not gonna help you as he hates the kid!'.

Cas and his command center. Okay.

Cas asking the boys to interrogate the angel. Why? We know Cas can interrogate just fine. Also, why is he tempting Dean with violence? Just a few episodes ago Cas seemed really concerned about Dean and that and now he's practically shoving some angel in his face and going "get what you can?" What?

Crowley betrayed by his people. Why is he surprised? They're demons!

Sam getting the angel to spill without one act of violence. Clever Sam. Can't believe that angel was so stupid though, that he fell for it.

Gavin's son is kind of stupid too.

The angel dead. And once again, no wings (I guess that makes sense as he lost them when he fell? Still, feels off.).

Crowley's little trick of making it so his son can read. Cute.

When they were talking about the ship I totally figured that it sank. Turns out I was right.

Gadreel and Castiel. This seems to be indicating that Cas thinks Gad is a good guy or could be? When just a short time ago he wanted to smack him. *sighs*

Dean and his shaky cam flashback thing.

Hiding the blade in a corpse. Ew! And chased by a Hellhound. I'm a bit surprised Dean didn't have a greater reaction. After all, Hellhounds killed him once and took him, well, to Hell. You'd think that would still be something he'd be twitchy about. *shrugs*

Clever Crowley using the code word (figured it would come into play because they showed it to us in the "then") but Dean ignored it. Then the King of Hell shot and powerless.

Abaddon vs. Dean. Best part of the episode (even if I can't believe Sam fell for Dean's lies!). Serious cool fight, great visual effects (kudos there) and loved the cinematography as well. Just a gorgeously shot tableaux.

So Gavin gets to stay in our time. I don't see why that would cause such a huge ripple in the time stream. I mean, it's not like Crowley made it so the boat wouldn't sink (like Balthazar did to the Titanic, which cause those major changes). He merely kept Gavin in the future. I could see it causes minor ripples but not big changes (which would have happened if Gavin's whole ship had been saved).

Sam wants the blade locked up, Dean says no. And that's how we end this ep.? Maybe I've gotten too used to the cliffhanger endings or the big endings but that seemed a kind of crappy way to end the episode.

I just...felt like the episode had too much build up, not enough payoff, you know? For an almost the end of the season ep. we didn't get much resolved, except Abaddon's death.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎