Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Posting Pro
    I think it depends on what happens to Nyssa in the finale. If she's saved by Malcolm or something, that might get rid of the LOA threat. But if she's killed somehow, the LOA could show up, and Oliver could be forced into an uneasy alliance with Malcolm, especially if the LOA decide to target Thea to get at Malcolm. Not to mention, it would be like Ra's. His daughter dies, so he takes Malcolm's. "Justice is balance."

If not the LOA, I think it will be HIVE. As for Waller and ARGUS, I think they will maintain a position of occasional allies, occasional enemies, but there constant corrupted presence will bring Oliver and maybe Barry around to the idea of forming a JLA/JSA (if only one that's got a bit less super-powered people in it).

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Liko View Post
    I don't agree with the LOA being the next big villain. People will want Ra's Al Ghul and Batman if they are. It will overshadow Ollie. Also remember we will probably have guest appearances from Barry since The Flash will be in full effect. I doubt we'd get Ra and Batman. If we get a full season about LOA, I would want RA and at some point Batman. Ollie cannot fight an army alone. I also can't see Ollie beating Ra alone. Also The Black Arrow is kicked out of the LOA. I don't want another season around him. I love his character and he will always be in the Arrow universe so people don't need to worry. He plays an important part in comics. It's how I know they won't kill him plus fan base loves him. I think a riot would happen if he died. Same goes for Slade.
    Well, we don't necessarily need Batman, references to Gotham and the bat-family would work well, besides it could make this a good time to have references to the wider DC Universe should they go down the route of a combined universe. Ra's al Ghul will have to appear I'm sure, but hey if that was done properly then it could work and it could be amazing! And whilst Batman probably couldn't appear, there are rumours that Stephen McQueen (I think that's his name anyway) has been cast as Nightwing so we have that aspect of the Batman universe to help.

As for Oliver beating Ra's, it's true he probably couldn't do it on his own, but then again he doesn't have too! For fighting the League we have ARGUS who whilst not being the most good people (as shown by their willingness to destroy Starling) they are doing what they do for the good of U.S. citizens, so if the League posed a greater threat on the world, then ARGUS involvement is a possibility, especially with Nyssa already being on ARGUS' wanted list. There's also the SCPD who seem to be going on the route to becoming allies of the Arrow, should the League come to threaten Starling in some way, the SCPD could play a small part at the very least. On top of that he has his allies in the League itself, if my theory that Sara will for Season 3 be returning to the League then he will eventually bring her back to his side, thus he has her on the inside, we also have Nyssa who in the comics eventually goes on to be an enemy of her father so a story arc could take place around that, maybe Sara turns her against Ra's? Either way they will have that going for them, finally there is Malcolm Merlyn who is currently pure speculation, provided he does survive Thea's shooting and he does go back to the League he could end up working against them should Thea be threatened in some way, or maybe even be convinced to go against the League for Thea's sake.

In fighting Ra's himself, there is Oliver himself, Sara most probably will be back for Team Arrow before any final confrontation, Roy in the role of Speedy, Arsenal or Red Arrow could also fight depending on the situation and where he ends up with or without Mirakuru strength, there's also a few possibilities that could be appearing to help out, there's Malcolm, Nyssa, Slade (without the Mirakuru corrupting his mind he could be forced into a necessary alliance with the Arrow), with Slade comes Ravager (whoever that may be), we could have Nightwing help out, maybe other members of the Bat family, the Suicide Squad there's just so much that can be done to give them a fair fight! Even if they do include Talia into the mix!

Finally I just think there's so many cool things that can be done with a League of Assassins antagonist, just imagine, we could visit Nanda Parbat, see the Lazarus Pit's, meet great characters like Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul and maybe even characters closer to the Green Arrow storyline such as maybe Cheshire appearing as a love interest in some way for Roy. It would also serve to give an amazing story for the Lance family, Sara would have to decide where she belongs with the League pulling her one way and her loved ones another it could be a true test of her character, for Laurel it would be her convincing her sister to do what is right and maybe even taking on a more physical role in the story for the sake of her sister! And we'd also get some good stories out of Malcolm (if he survives) and Thea.

Forum Whiz
    I hope, regardless of who the villain is, Oliver has the chance to just chill. This season especially, Oliver has been so worked up by Slade and the Mirakuru, he deserves a break.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I hope, regardless of who the villain is, Oliver has the chance to just chill. This season especially, Oliver has been so worked up by Slade and the Mirakuru, he deserves a break.

When does that ever happen in a comic show or book? The stakes will get higher as will the big bad's.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    When does that ever happen in a comic show or book? The stakes will get higher as will the big bad's.
    Oh I know but they could at least give Oliver a bit of happiness.
    Last edited by Quark; 05-10-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Forum Regular
    I assume the return of Grundy. Free agent or controlled by the dark archer??

Forum Whiz
    Just a thought, if they bring in the league of assassins, could the Arrow story be happening way before Bruce Wayne becomes Batman? If that is so, then there won't be a Batman family of characters yet to come into play?

New In Town
    Aw hell naw. Grundy is the wildcard that no one has mentioned...I really want him to kick some mirakuru ass too, but chances are he will avenge Blood, so I could see him being an uneasy ally. I don't think they will do that though. The flash is a 5% chance lol.

New In Town
    H.I.V.E and/or Arthur light maybe

Settling In
    dun for get we still have harley quinn

Posting Pro
    One thing I recall is that the producers have said that this season is about Oliver 'letting go of the Island', and I think they're referring to how Oliver and Slade commiserated, so to speak, in Episode 18 about letting go of the Island and their inability to do so. I would hazard a guess that next season's villain will not be connected to the Island, much like Season 1's Island storyline wasn't connected as closely to the Starling City one. I've no doubt Amanda will show up on the Island in Season 3, perhaps to try and finish the job Fyers started, and we'll see what's up with those two. Because despite their apparent emnity, it appears that those two are uneasy allies. But I will say this.... I really hope that she and Oliver did not get together on the Island.... *shudders*

Forum Regular
    At some point Oliver learns Russian from KGBeast too
    Last edited by mocomic; 05-11-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Missed word

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    What is HIVE? Is it like ARGUS?
    Hive is shadowy group that supports terrorism. It stand for Hierarchy of international vengeance and elimination. They basically fund scientists and assassins in order to try to take over the world. In the comics they where responsible for creating Deathstroke.

New In Town
    I feel that this season was very Black Canary-eccentric and If next season can focus a little on Roy I would suggest Prometheus as the next villain.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th Soldier of Victory View Post
    Hive is shadowy group that supports terrorism. It stand for Hierarchy of international vengeance and elimination. They basically fund scientists and assassins in order to try to take over the world. In the comics they where responsible for creating Deathstroke.
    Wow what a name, sounds awesome! Thanks for that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast