No announcement yet.

Finale Predictions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finale Predictions

Let's face it, at this point this needs to be a thread, otherwise we'll have a really messy forum because finale predictions are popping up in all the threads even remotely related to the finale (which now includes the final three episodes as Stephen revealed they all take place in one night). Let's all remember we all have strong opinions, some of those differing. This is a thread to share our thoughts, just like any other thread.

Now.... we haven't had much confirmation as far as the Suicide Squad themselves, but Diggle's ex-wife/girlfriend is back in the finale, so one can assume we will at least see some ARGUS forces thrown in the mix, whether they're the Squad or just troops. Merlyn will be back in episode 22 and likely continue his guest star role in 23. My guess is that he will, at best, be a wild card as he will want to protect Thea/get her to come with him, and so he could be working against Slade, but not necessarily with Oliver. Finally, Nyssa will be back, and there's two ways that can play out, depending on if there is an Island flashback in the finale or if they get the Island stuff out of the way in Episode 22 so that the finale can be only Starling City. If there is an Island flashback, it could just be Nyssa rescuing Sara; but if there isn't, then one can assume the League either is tracking Merlyn or are alarmed by the events of Starling City and send Nyssa (and possibly others) to locate and destroy the originator of the threat. I hope Oliver calls Anatoli for help, but we'll see.

As far as the finale and character deaths. I'm going to do what I did last year: list the ones I think are likely, my reasons why, and do so in the order I think them most likely.

1. Laurel Lance - I would love if Laurel stuck around because she's finally getting interesting again, but it was pointed out to me on another forum that Paul Blackthorne's final scene in the finale was with the people who would be there during an emotional time for him, and Laurel was not among them. It was Felicity, Sara, and Oliver, but no Diggle or Roy. They're being purposely vague as usual, and while there are still hints being dropped about Laurel becoming B.C., they could also be doing so as a way of misdirection. It would not be the first time this season they've done that (blatantly lied about a character development). The most pressing time I recall that is when Guggenheim or Kreisberg said that Roy would not be learning the Arrow's identity, meeting Team Arrow, or visiting the Arrowcave any time soon in an interview, and three episodes down the line from that interview, what happens? So Laurel is the top option simply because her arc is scarily similar to Tommy's was in the first season. He started out as a douchebag (though a relatively likable one), went off on Oliver quite a bit even before learning The Secret, and then when he did their friendship was changed. Finally, unlike many actresses in television or film, Katie Cassidy is not dependent on acting for income thanks to her fashion line and other aspects.

2. Sara Lance - I love the character and how her storyline dovetails and compliments Oliver's own journey to vigilante and now up-and-coming hero. But I am a pragmatist, and I recognize that if the producers aren't just blowing wind in the sails and Laurel is meant to be the B.C. one day, her younger sister dying is a prime inspiration (because almost all heroes have some tragic thing that makes them take up vigilantism, and since Tommy's hasn't done that, her sister's is the best option). Sara also has the unfortunate honor of having been the woman whom Ivo threatened to kill and was saved by Oliver, at the expense of Shado's life. Slade knows this and while he intends to make Oliver, whom he considered a brother by the time they stormed the freighter, suffer, he has no such needs when it comes to Sara Lance. He will kill her if and when he gets the chance. So she is definitely under the threat of the Reaper's Scythe before the season ends. And, like Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotx has other endeavors that bring her income other than acting, so unlike Colin Donnell, she does not need to go on an audiitioning kick with pilot season.

3. Quentin Lance - Yep, all the Lances are on my list this year. Once the vigilante's most bitter pursuer, Quentin has become the confidante of the Arrow and, in a Jim Gordon-esque fashion, believes the Arrow is the best symbol for a slowly-dying city, not some politician and not the SCPD. Quentin is, for lack of a better term, a 'true believer' in the Arrow and unfortunately, there is a kick in the show right now of Oliver's most faithful 'followers' losing their faith in him. With Quentin not, the death knell for him could be this season. But if they intend for him to continue as the contact of the Arrow (which one would should presume) he is put low on the list. Still, a strong possibility.

4. Moira Queen - Thea has a storyline to unfold, especially if Malcolm Merlyn is meant to be the Big Bad of Season 3, as teased by Manu Bennett. Moira, on the other hand, may have to make the ultimate sacrifice for redemption. How that comes about, I don't know. It might be that she is even killed in Episode 21, from which images of a funeral have leaked. I guess we'll learn how that goes soon enough.

Now, final portion is a mini-rant: I'm trying to figure out what about Slade's plan is supposed to have surprised us. Building the Mirakuru Army to take Starling City by force to hurt Oliver, check; using Q.C. to help build said army, check; in essence, gettin revenge on Oliver all-around, check. Where is the surprise, the twist that is supposed to make us gape?

I say either Q-diddy or Moira die, and Thea is kidnapped again by the stroke of death, causing Merlyn to come back and the league of shadows to follow him.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
      Now.... we haven't had much confirmation as far as the Suicide Squad themselves, but Diggle's ex-wife/girlfriend is back in the finale, so one can assume we will at least see some ARGUS forces thrown in the mix, whether they're the Squad or just troops. Merlyn will be back in episode 22 and likely continue his guest star role in 23. My guess is that he will, at best, be a wild card as he will want to protect Thea/get her to come with him, and so he could be working against Slade, but not necessarily with Oliver. Finally, Nyssa will be back, and there's two ways that can play out, depending on if there is an Island flashback in the finale or if they get the Island stuff out of the way in Episode 22 so that the finale can be only Starling City. If there is an Island flashback, it could just be Nyssa rescuing Sara; but if there isn't, then one can assume the League either is tracking Merlyn or are alarmed by the events of Starling City and send Nyssa (and possibly others) to locate and destroy the originator of the threat. I hope Oliver calls Anatoli for help, but we'll see.
      Ok, i'll bite. But please understand, this is pure speculation on my part.

Lyla/Argus - I guess she could show up without the Suicide Squad. She used to do so often. But it seems that this Waller was keeping tabs on Oliver anyway. So I can assume that she is aware of what is going on down in Starling. She might have Argus lurking around to try and recruit some of the players in Starling. Pretty sure she still wants Diggle. What about Roy? Or even Black Canary? I wouldn't put it past her to even attempt blackmail or extortion against Oliver, if she realizes he is going to be losing all of his finances. If she thought she could buy him off to be a part of Argus, she might even supply the Suicide Squad to help him in his current situation.

Merlyn - Dude is a wildcard all the way. Somewhere around here I expressed some speculations. Briefly, with all the spotlight on TV, etc, regarding Thea... he has to know something is going on in Starling city. This might be a reason for him to come back.

Also, I have an idea that he might actually have a thing for Moira. She is running for Mayor of a major city. Surely he is aware of this. In his twisted mind, he has to control everything and everyone. He might think it a grand idea to extort or blackmail the new Mayor of Starling city (if Moira wins). Can you imagine? The mayor is in cahoots with the orchestrator of the Undertaking, who, by the way, is still alive? Yipes!

Sara - Is it possible, since they are both somehow linked with the League of Assassins, that they are aware of each other? If so, would Merlyn also be aware that Sara is a favorite of Nyssa? And then, would he be above making Sara a hostage to draw in Nyssa, and then capture Nyssa, hoping to get the LOA off his back? Well, none of this one fits along with what is going on with Deathstroke, but it might bring Merlyn into Starling City.

Nyssa - I can only surmise that the LOA is tracking Merlyn, and when she finds out he is located in Starling City again, she wants to go there because that is where Sara is.

One thing is for sure, with all of these things going on, outside the actual orbit of the Ollie/Slade conflict, there is opportunity aplenty for some serious fireworks! Really, what do we think Oliver would do if he found out that Merlyn was alive, and in Starling City? I almost feel sorry for the Arrow team, as I don't see any way they could possible win against Slade and Merlyn at the same time. Even if they are not working together, it's probable they would both work against Oliver.

Regarding character deaths, it's total guess work. I'm always wrong with these I just hope Blood is one of the casualties. He can join the Count in villains I won't miss.

Comment

Nighthawk... that spec about how Lyla and/or Waller could try and blackmail/extort Oliver into joining ARGUS now that he's losing his fortune would be an interesting twist and still go along with the producers' statement that Oliver will be in a place he hasn't been before in Season 3.

Much as I'd like Merlyn to do a team-up, it is far more likely he'll be the wildcard. I also think he has a thing for Moira. What would be really interesting is if he found some way to come back as himself and not be arrested (like claiming Slade was the mastermind and he was also being extorted like Moira). That would pave the way for Malcolm to at least be a more recurring villain in Season 3, especially if the LOA is going to be involved (which a lot of fans are apparently hoping for if the forums, including this one, that I visit are anything to go by).

Sara, at least, is aware that Malcolm was a member of the League, as she mentioned Ra's releasing Malcolm from service to the League in 2x13.

Definitely hope Blood is amongst the character deaths. He's been, well, not much of a useful character.

Comment

Canary, Nyssa, and Malcolm Merlyn will help for sure. Maybe the League in some capacity too, on the request of Nyssa, with the second agenda of capturing Merlyn. Roy is grey now, but I’m sure he will come around (Slade kills Thea).

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkenmunkey
            I say either Q-diddy or Moira die, and Thea is kidnapped again by the stroke of death, causing Merlyn to come back and the league of shadows to follow him.
            BTW, props you got the Moira part right. But it isn't even the finale yet, so I guess we have to keep speculating.

Comment

Here's a prediction:

season two will continue to show why Arrow is the superior comic book TV series

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                Here's a prediction:

season two will continue to show why Arrow is the superior comic book TV series
                if i could rep your post, i would

Comment

Here are my predictions :

-Slade won't die because 1. Oliver will go down again on killing people and it wouldn't be "shocking" (as I read it few days ago) 2. Slade's death won't bring back Moira from the dead and 3. I think Oliver (despite his heavy wanting to kill Slade) will let Slade live (I'm not saying it because Slade is DC canon - look for Shrapnel and The Count!) but to let him live with all the consequences of the Mirakuru had on his mind and his actions, it much worse than simple death. And I read somewhere there are "gamechanger" news from Starlabs in the finale. Meaning : Slade might be cured from Mirakuru madness but since he has Mirakuru in his veins for 5 years, he'll still get the advantages of Mirakuru in him. And finally, Slade won't die because it would be VERY predictable and he's not someone easy to kill.

-Why would Slade kill or kidnap Laurel? He said she was a "problem", but if he wanted to kidnap Laurel he would already do it, but he didn't. I can't see why he would kill her too? He has no reasons to kill her. Or maybe to trap Sara, but he won't kill Laurel. Why? I'm not talking about the character being DC canon (see my first paragraph) but because Slade has nothing against Laurel. And I think we might have an interesting conversation between these two!

-Sara will die. Since Slade look at Sara on 2.15, it's pretty clear she wasn't in his original plan. And since Sara wanted to kill him at multiple times, it may be not a surprise, but a payoff. And since, producers said there's something about Laurel/Oliver and the term "moving foward into season 3", Sara's future is pretty much doomed.

-Malcolm may help Oliver and Team Arrow, but something tells me he has something else in his mind and will start his plan for season 3.

-Oliver will be unwillingly forced to work with Slade to stop Malcolm in season 3, but I think later (season 4 maybe) Malcolm will know (one way or one another) about Slade's son and will kill him. Then, Slade will definitely become Deathstroke once for all and there'll be no coming back. And Laurel will be forced too, to train herself with Slade to stop Malcolm on season 3 and make justice to Tommy's death.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisornothing
                    Here are my predictions :

-Slade won't die because 1. Oliver will go down again on killing people and it wouldn't be "shocking" (as I read it few days ago) 2. Slade's death won't bring back Moira from the dead and 3. I think Oliver (despite his heavy wanting to kill Slade) will let Slade live (I'm not saying it because Slade is DC canon - look for Shrapnel and The Count!) but to let him live with all the consequences of the Mirakuru had on his mind and his actions, it much worse than simple death. And I read somewhere there are "gamechanger" news from Starlabs in the finale. Meaning : Slade might be cured from Mirakuru madness but since he has Mirakuru in his veins for 5 years, he'll still get the advantages of Mirakuru in him. And finally, Slade won't die because it would be VERY predictable and he's not someone easy to kill.

-Why would Slade kill or kidnap Laurel? He said she was a "problem", but if he wanted to kidnap Laurel he would already do it, but he didn't. I can't see why he would kill her too? He has no reasons to kill her. Or maybe to trap Sara, but he won't kill Laurel. Why? I'm not talking about the character being DC canon (see my first paragraph) but because Slade has nothing against Laurel. And I think we might have an interesting conversation between these two!

-Sara will die. Since Slade look at Sara on 2.15, it's pretty clear she wasn't in his original plan. And since Sara wanted to kill him at multiple times, it may be not a surprise, but a payoff. And since, producers said there's something about Laurel/Oliver and the term "moving foward into season 3", Sara's future is pretty much doomed.

-Malcolm may help Oliver and Team Arrow, but something tells me he has something else in his mind and will start his plan for season 3.

-Oliver will be unwillingly forced to work with Slade to stop Malcolm in season 3, but I think later (season 4 maybe) Malcolm will know (one way or one another) about Slade's son and will kill him. Then, Slade will definitely become Deathstroke once for all and there'll be no coming back. And Laurel will be forced too, to train herself with Slade to stop Malcolm on season 3 and make justice to Tommy's death.
                    Some really good points there. I can imagine it going down that way.

I'm in agreement with your paragraphs on Laurel and Sara, with a few minor tweaks. I think he will kidnap Laurel, but it will only be to draw Oliver and Sara to wherever he is. I'm sure he'll make sure and tell her that Sara was on the Island and that he thought he had killed her (something tells me those sword scars are not from the League) while they're waiting. Slade's only 'bone to pick' with Laurel might be that Oliver was continually staring at her photo, but since that was before Oliver and Shado got together.

Laurel may not be 'top-of-her-game' fighter, but I agree we'll see her training, and I doubt she'll have wasted the five months real-time in between "Unthinkable" and the Season 3 premiere moping about like she did this year. That would just be a rehash and worthless.

I'm going to go a step further as far as Malcolm and his plans. The only way I foresee Malcolm being the main villain and being able to move in the public eye (which he would likely need to) is if he was somehow cleared of the Undertaking charges. Considering Slade's actions this year, and the fact he's tried using Q.C. via Isabel Rochev, I can imagine Merlyn trying to shove off the Undertaking on Slade, particularly if Oliver is telling the whole city (or world) that he is the Arrow in the preview for next week. They said he'll start in a place that's different from where he's been, and there are two things that spring to mind: that he has no major cash flow thanks to Q.C. tanking, and that he is known to be the Arrow. I also think Slade will waver between anti-hero and villain again for next season, because it would honestly be a waste if they made Manu Bennett a season regular just because he was going to take a more prominent role for a single season.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                      Some really good points there. I can imagine it going down that way.

I'm in agreement with your paragraphs on Laurel and Sara, with a few minor tweaks. I think he will kidnap Laurel, but it will only be to draw Oliver and Sara to wherever he is. I'm sure he'll make sure and tell her that Sara was on the Island and that he thought he had killed her (something tells me those sword scars are not from the League) while they're waiting. Slade's only 'bone to pick' with Laurel might be that Oliver was continually staring at her photo, but since that was before Oliver and Shado got together.

Laurel may not be 'top-of-her-game' fighter, but I agree we'll see her training, and I doubt she'll have wasted the five months real-time in between "Unthinkable" and the Season 3 premiere moping about like she did this year. That would just be a rehash and worthless.

I'm going to go a step further as far as Malcolm and his plans. The only way I foresee Malcolm being the main villain and being able to move in the public eye (which he would likely need to) is if he was somehow cleared of the Undertaking charges. Considering Slade's actions this year, and the fact he's tried using Q.C. via Isabel Rochev, I can imagine Merlyn trying to shove off the Undertaking on Slade, particularly if Oliver is telling the whole city (or world) that he is the Arrow in the preview for next week. They said he'll start in a place that's different from where he's been, and there are two things that spring to mind: that he has no major cash flow thanks to Q.C. tanking, and that he is known to be the Arrow. I also think Slade will waver between anti-hero and villain again for next season, because it would honestly be a waste if they made Manu Bennett a season regular just because he was going to take a more prominent role for a single season.
                      I agree about Slade, and by the way, we haven't seen his son and his true complete transformation as Deathstroke (not caused by Mirakuru, of course), I think what happened to him this season was an in-between step. I don't think we haven't seen the very last of Slade. And since he's the wedding crasher of Oliver and Laurel's.... (it didn't happen yet!)

I agree about Malcolm. And I was thinking about something else : what if he used legal ways to separate Oliver once for all from Thea ? (different circumstances here?).

I also think that Queen Consolidated and/or Verdant might be destroyed.

I hope Laurel will get her Canary Cry (since I heard there might be explosions) and that she'll take Sin under her wings. And that Roy will get a proper developpment to become Red Arrow.

Comment

It would be a shame to lose such an amazing character as Slade. I'm beginning to think Arrow goes for the cure. It's not like they can actually beat Slade anyway. The only problem with this, Slade has really left Oliver no ground to show him any kind of mercy. He just killed his mom! If Oliver has this in his character, I will be amazed.

As for Slade going after Laurel, i'm not so sure. Does anybody remember if Island Oliver was still staring at her picture when Slade arrived on the scene? I remember it bugged Yao Fei to no end, but I don't remember if Slade ever noted Oliver pining over that photo.

Someone above mentioned Malcolm shifting the blame for the Undertaking over onto Slade. That seems out of character for Merlyn, he seemed quite proud of his undertaking. Slade is scarier, but Merlyn was way more arrogant. It doesn't seem like he would want to share credit for that (except to use it to extort someone). Maybe he can just wear some glasses, and nobody will recognize who he is

Going back to the "all hands on deck' thoughts, I wonder if they would bring Helena back for the end? She seems like she could be on the suicide squad. But she is the ultimate flight risk, don't see a way they could keep her under arrest, if they let her out.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
                          It would be a shame to lose such an amazing character as Slade. I'm beginning to think Arrow goes for the cure. It's not like they can actually beat Slade anyway. The only problem with this, Slade has really left Oliver no ground to show him any kind of mercy. He just killed his mom! If Oliver has this in his character, I will be amazed.

As for Slade going after Laurel, i'm not so sure. Does anybody remember if Island Oliver was still staring at her picture when Slade arrived on the scene? I remember it bugged Yao Fei to no end, but I don't remember if Slade ever noted Oliver pining over that photo.

Someone above mentioned Malcolm shifting the blame for the Undertaking over onto Slade. That seems out of character for Merlyn, he seemed quite proud of his undertaking. Slade is scarier, but Merlyn was way more arrogant. It doesn't seem like he would want to share credit for that (except to use it to extort someone). Maybe he can just wear some glasses, and nobody will recognize who he is

Going back to the "all hands on deck' thoughts, I wonder if they would bring Helena back for the end? She seems like she could be on the suicide squad. But she is the ultimate flight risk, don't see a way they could keep her under arrest, if they let her out.
                          I honestly doubt he'll kill Slade.... but that doesn't mean that Sara, Malcolm, or Nyssa won't do it once Slade's human again.

When Oliver and Slade were getting ready to take down the airfield, Oliver was staring at the picture.

The reason I think Malcolm might shift the Undertaking blame to Slade (I was the one who suggested that) is while he was proud of the Undertaking, he also had a plan for after the Undertaking. The whole idea was that it would appear to be a natural disaster, and then Merlyn Global, Queen Consolidated, and Frank Chen's company (what was it called?) could rebuild that part of the city into a much better place to live. Malcolm was never meant to be on the run or thought dead. If he shifted the blame to Slade, for one reason or another, he could still try and 'redevelop' the Glades as planned once Merlyn Global was unfrozen and he re-took his place. Malcolm is also very cunning; he made certain that everyone believed the Dark Archer was merely his enforcer, as evidenced by his words to Moira in 1x09: "I'm just wondering if it is time for our associate to handle it." I see no reason why he wouldn't claim he was coerced, and if Oliver is revealing himself to the public (and not just Laurel or Thea since they're the only ones who don't know as of yet), he could push all the blame on Oliver, claim that the Undertaking and this year's events were all aimed at bringing down Oliver for the events on the Island. He could then claim he went underground to try and undermine Slade from the shadows and returned to Starling upon hearing of Moira's murder. Malcolm is very cunning and, unlike Slade, is actually sane. As for if Barrowman could pull that sort of acting off, I think he could.

Now admittedly, my hope that Manu Bennett was right in saying that Malcolm would be the main villain in Season 3 is primarily because I love Barrowman's acting, whether he's the anti-hero type, the hero type, or the villain. He's played all three, being the anti-hero and occasionally hero as Jack Harkness.

As for Helena.... it'd be interesting, but I suspect they'll hold off for a while. It seems like they said they wanted to bring her back in Season 3 somewhere.

Comment

Ollie gets joozed and becomes SUPERARROW!

For real if they kill Thea, Laurel, Felicity or Roy. No. I like Diggle, I like most members of the Lance family...Sara has to go.

[edit] Oh! The Strokester isn't going anywhere. Slade will live to fight another day!

[add] And Roy needs to lose an arm and get this Optimus Prime gun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRAVhgAbLs
                            Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 04-25-2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

My predics:

1.- Sarah dies
                              2.- We learn more about Ollie Jr.
                              3.- Another DC hero is introduced (not flash). According to social posts about Ferris, could be Arrow version of Hal Jordan the person who helped ollie escape from the island????

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎