Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saving The City

Members of the Suicide Squad?

We all know by now that Arrow will be following in the footsteps of Smallville and introducing their own version of the Suicide Squad. I for one was expecting this to come somewhere down the line, ever since the first time they had Amanda Waller show up. The question is, who are they going to have in this incarnation that would fit in with the current series?

Obviously we know the first member is going to be Bronze Tiger, but who else will be joining the Squad?

Based on the comics, Deadshot is a strong possibility, but at this point, he's been in the wind for a while now since he and Diggle escaped from the Gulag, and there has been no indication that he has been apprehended so he would have nothing to gain by joining. Count Vertigo who was also a member is presumed dead in the continuity of the show having taken 3 arrows to the chest and falling out of a top floor window of Queen Consolidated.

Other members in the current incarnation (New 52) are Harley Quinn, unlikely due to the fact she is primarily a Batman villain, and while technically possible, with FOX bringing Gotham to television screens next season, WB may want to save her for that. King Shark doesn't fit in with the type of realistic setting they have forged for the show. A good possibility could be Captain Boomerang as he would be introduced prior to the Flash series meaning that he would have a villain who is already established in the universe before the show kicks off. I suppose depending on how the next episode ends, we could see the Clock King included too. Ted Gaynor although not a typical name is another who could be brought in due to his military background and his tactical abilities.

Enough from me though, who do you guys figure will be in the lineup come March 19th?

Deadshot is confirmed to be in the episode, so he's probably in.

Quote Originally Posted by gmster View Post
    Deadshot is confirmed to be in the episode, so he's probably in.
    Yeah I was thinking he might be in the squad. Count Vertigo is a possibility if they want to go for shock value other than that it's a guessing game.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I think it is confirmed that Ted Gaynor is going to be in the Suicide Squad.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...de-squad/16350

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheArrow View Post
    Ted Gaynor although not a typical name is another who could be brought in due to his military background and his tactical abilities.
    He died though last season.

I mentioned this somewhere else, but I believe Arrow's version of the Suicide Squad will be:

- Bronze Tiger, which is obvious since we saw Waller recruiting him in "Tremors".

- Deadshot, as I believe that Waller had other motives for sending John to seek out Lyla simply because if he finds Lyla, he'd find Deadshot too. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that A.R.G.U.S. apprehended Deadshot sometime after he left Diggle and his company and then he was recruited into the Suicide Squad.

- Rick Flag, and I thought of him because the Suicide Squad should still try to keep a more realistic look because as superpowers are slowly making its way into the show, it still needs to be a slow-moving pace and Rick Flag would be a perfect and ideal member.

- Plastique, and just as someone that is good with explosives and was once a known terrorist. Would be cool to having her being like Flag's protege or something.

Harley Quinn would be interesting as well because I don't care about seeing the Joker/Quinn combo in a Batman film, so giving Quinn her own identity and placing her in Arrow would be awesome to see.

Forum Whiz
    Quinn would be awesome. And obviously "primarily being a Batman villain" matters not to these guys, otherwise why use Ra's? He's primarily Batman material and yet they're building him up slowly but surely already.

Forum Regular
    I'm predicting the squad in its first incarnation on this series will look like...

Rick Flagg (just seems likely to me)
    Bronze Tiger (confirmed in "Tremors")
    China White (apprehended in "Identity")
    Ted Gaynor (because, apparently, he's already been confirmed)
    Shrapnel (also seems likely to me)

Also, I seem to recall reading a rumor somewhere that Diggle ends up joining the Squad for at least one mission (I think in episode eighteen or nineteen). That might have been posted on here somewhere, but I really can't recall. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Or has anyone else heard this?

On another note, others have already mentioned such figures as Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, and the Clock King. I just don't see any of these three being on the Squad — not initially, at least. But maybe later on...

I noticed that no one on here has added Shrapnel yet, despite that we know he's alive and was arrested in "Blast Radius".

Saving The City
    Ra's Al Guhl is primarily a Batman villain, but not in the sense that the Joker or Harley are, main point being that Ra's isn't a resident of Gotham whereas the other two are. I wouldn't mind seeing them starting out with a smaller Squad then building it up in future appearances.

Forum Regular
    my predictions for the suicide squad members:

Bronze Tiger: obviously, watch the end of the episode ' Tremors ' if you don't know why its obvious
    Deadshot: still alive, and he is a mecenary and does anything for money, and is involved in the Diggle, Lyla and Amanda Waller plot so he is a likely choice to join s squad and would be an awesome member!!
    Ted Gaynor: apparently he has been confirmed, and it seems likely to me
    Shrapnel: also seems likely to me
    Count Vertigo: he is presumed dead, but i'm pretty sure he wasn't confirmed dead, and plus it would be awesome and a great suprise to see him in the s squad!
    China White: she is still alive, just in prison somewhere, it would be cool to see her also in the s squad.

I don't think every past villain we've seen in season two will be part of the Suicide Squad, like Shrapnel or China White.

Forum Whiz
    Why not? Waller allready recruited Tiger from jail, she could easily do the same for Shrapnel.

With "Birds of Prey" an upcoming episode title, seeing Quinn as a member would be icing on the fangasm cake.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Why not? Waller allready recruited Tiger from jail, she could easily do the same for Shrapnel.

With "Birds of Prey" an upcoming episode title, seeing Quinn as a member would be icing on the fangasm cake.
    Yah, Quinn would be great to see as a member, but I'm thinking not every villain we've seen this season should be a member simply because we can now just say at the end of every episode, "Well, Waller will just recruit every villain that Ollie sends to prison now". I would hope the Suicide Squad is just for a few villains on the show that plays a purpose for Waller's squad.

Agreed about Count ! TPTB said that there'll be 2 fan favorites among the team. My predictions : Deadshot (we already know that) and Count.

I'm not sure Bronze Tiger is among villain fan favorites...
    Last edited by cloisornothing; 02-09-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cloisornothing View Post
    Agreed about Count ! TPTB said that there'll be 2 fan favorites among the team. My predictions : Deadshot (we already know that) and Count.

I'm not sure Bronze Tiger is among villain fan favorites...
    I just think the Count would be a very, very strange choice for the Suicide Squad. He's not a fighter and has no special skills — ultimately, he's just a high-profile drug dealer. No reason in my opinion to include him... if he were alive. But we saw his body land on a car, after Arrow shot him three times.

Also, is it "fan favorites" or "villain fan favorites"? If it's the former, then I'm still gonna go with Diggle being on the Squad temporarily — that would give him something to do, and allow him to keep an eye on Deadshot, which is obviously important to him, since that's his only lead on HIVE. However, as far as "villain fan favorites" are concerned, the two that come to mind for me are Merlyn and Deathstroke, neither of which I can see joining the Squad... especially not the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob14 View Post
    I just think the Count would be a very, very strange choice for the Suicide Squad. He's not a fighter and has no special skills — ultimately, he's just a high-profile drug dealer. No reason in my opinion to include him... if he were alive. But we saw his body land on a car, after Arrow shot him three times.

Also, is it "fan favorites" or "villain fan favorites"? If it's the former, then I'm still gonna go with Diggle being on the Squad temporarily — that would give him something to do, and allow him to keep an eye on Deadshot, which is obviously important to him, since that's his only lead on HIVE. However, as far as "villain fan favorites" are concerned, the two that come to mind for me are Merlyn and Deathstroke, neither of which I can see joining the Squad... especially not the latter.
    I wouldn't say he's a skilled fighter but he's certainly proven himself to be a good tactician Count Vertigo's last plan turned half the city into addicts. I'm pretty sure some would take note of that kind of planning that's terrorist level planning. As for special skills him being able to make Vertigo shows he has some knowledge of chemistry(see Breaking Bad). Also we know nothing about his past he could have a military back ground for all we know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast