No announcement yet.

What the heck, Rumple?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck, Rumple?

Someone explain to me how Rumple killing Pan and himself with the dagger gets rid of Pan.

So the dagger works that if you kill the 'Dark One' power with the dagger then you get the power - right? So Rumple killing himself with the dagger would, in effect, end the power of the Dark One.

Was Pan's power somehow connected to the Dark One power? If so, how? Because Rumple's dad became Pan long before Rumple became the Dark One.

Thoughts?

I don't understand how or why that worked either, lol. I just went with it and was sad with the rest of the characters like Neal and Bell.

Comment

They never explained it, they just kept hinting throughout the season that the only way to kill Pan would be to kill himself. I'm hoping for some explanation as to how that was supposed to work.

Thinking about it now, I think it has to do with the price of magic.

Rumple needs to kill Peter Pan, who is an incredibly powerful figure, equally as powerful as Rumple himself.

The price to be able to kill such a power is to destroy a similar source along with it, IE the Dark One.

The reason he's stabbing himself and Pan together: If he had just stabbed Pan or himself, it wouldn't have worked. He literally had to sacrifice each other together.
      Last edited by Leonatus; 12-16-2013, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
        Someone explain to me how Rumple killing Pan and himself with the dagger gets rid of Pan.
        It was mentioned towards the beginning of the season when they were in/on Neverland that both of them had to die, but I'm not sure how it works. That part wasn't explained exactly.

ETA: Or, basically, what Leonatus said above.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonatus
          They never explained it, they just kept hinting throughout the season that the only way to kill Pan would be to kill himself. I'm hoping for some explanation as to how that was supposed to work.

Thinking about it now, I think it has to do with the price of magic.

Rumple needs to kill Peter Pan, who is an incredibly powerful figure, equally as powerful as Rumple himself.

The price to be able to kill such a power is to destroy a similar source along with it, IE the Dark One.

The reason he's stabbing himself and Pan together: If he had just stabbed Pan or himself, it wouldn't have worked. He literally had to sacrifice each other together.
          I like this idea. I hope it is explained a little better in the next episode. There must be some sort of magical connection between the two - the fact that Rumple could use magic in Neverland, but his father could only harness the magic when he denied Rumple.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎