Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Forum Regular

Question Who trained Oliver on the island!?

I just have one question. If Shado supossedly died after getting shot from Professor Ivo (she still could be alive but i think Shado is dead) who will be Oliver's trainer/mentor on the island where he learns to be a master archer?. As Yao Fei is supposedly dead (Yao Fei still could be alive as his death in NOT confirmed yet) and Shado (who is dead) so I'm pretty sure Yao Fei right now is Oliver's only possible archery trainer/mentor on the island where he learn to shoot a bow and arrow. I personally think that he doesn't yet have enough skills to be that good as a archer and he needs training (just because he killed Edward Fyers in the end with a bow and arrow, doesn't mean that he is good enough as a master archer yet) So who will train Oliver to be a master archer!? will there be a new character introduction who will train Oliver? i think not. Is Yao Fei alive!? I'm not sure but it is possible. All I know is he learnt half his close quarter training from both a mixture/blend of Yao [Fei+Shado] and [Slade] (as he uses Yao [Fei/Shado's] and [Slade's] exact fighting techniques multiple times throughout Arrow).

Arrow just keeps getting better and better in every way possible!!!!!
    Last edited by markom97; 01-06-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Forum Whiz
    Now we know a submarine holding an secret from the second world war was hidden in the heart of the island one that apparently can revive the dead... Yao may have known about it and even been used as one of the guinea pigs for it.
    So there's every chance he'll reappear however what if Arrow met Natas or Ra's Al'Ghul?
    Could they have had a hand in his training after all Sara was trained by them and I doubt whoever trained her ignored the evidence that someone else was on the island... someone who saved Sara's life and might have helped Oliver in return perhaps?

PLEASE be Natas.

That would be such a cool way to bring him in.

Forum Regular
    I honestly don't think it was Ra's Al Ghul or Natas who trained Oliver on the island for a number of reasons such as. There has been a heaps of spoilers,talk and even interviews from the produces of Arrow saying that Yao Fei, Shado and Slade all trained Oliver and plus most of Oliver's fighting moves are exactly or similar to those of Yao Fei's/Shado's and Slades, secondly if you watch this clip from Arrow Season 2 episode 5 in the scene where Oliver is talking to Sara in the Arrowcave and it is revealed that Sara is trained and a member of the League of Assassins Oliver is very shocked when he finds out how Sara learnt to fight with the League which tells me that Oliver wasn't trained by the League of Assassins as he was in shock and his fighting moves are different from Sara's. So for now I'm just gonna guess that somehow either Yao Fei or Shado is alive or Slade trained Oliver, or maybe (very highly unlikely) a new character is introduced at he/she trained Oliver.

Settling In
    I like the idea of Natas

Quote Originally Posted by markom97 View Post
    I honestly don't think it was Ra's Al Ghul or Natas who trained Oliver on the island for a number of reasons such as. There has been a heaps of spoilers,talk and even interviews from the produces of Arrow saying that Yao Fei, Shado and Slade all trained Oliver and plus most of Oliver's fighting moves are exactly or similar to those of Yao Fei's/Shado's and Slades, secondly if you watch this clip from Arrow Season 2 episode 5 in the scene where Oliver is talking to Sara in the Arrowcave and it is revealed that Sara is trained and a member of the League of Assassins Oliver is very shocked when he finds out how Sara learnt to fight with the League which tells me that Oliver wasn't trained by the League of Assassins as he was in shock and his fighting moves are different from Sara's. So for now I'm just gonna guess that somehow either Yao Fei or Shado is alive or Slade trained Oliver, or maybe (very highly unlikely) a new character is introduced at he/she trained Oliver.
    I don't think any of this knocks out Natas from training Ollie. Besides, of only being on the island for a year and a half or so, Ollie will still need to train some more to be in the fighting shape he is in the present and I don't think that little bit of training from Yao, Slade or Shado made him the true fighter that he is now.

Mild Mannered Reporter CK_ALL_DAY's Avatar
    Yeah I'm really hoping for Natas too and there's still a lot of time for them to introduce him on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    I don't think any of this knocks out Natas from training Ollie. Besides, of only being on the island for a year and a half or so, Ollie will still need to train some more to be in the fighting shape he is in the present and I don't think that little bit of training from Yao, Slade or Shado made him the true fighter that he is now.
    this.

the deaths of Yao Fei and Shado along with Slade's transformation into a (he looks and sounds insane) super soldier have made me question this for a while: how much more training (and from who?) does Ollie get on/off the island that transforms him into the person we saw in the pilot episode?

PS: i know he will learn Russian from the Bratva/Anatoli Knyazev at some point possibly. but i do not buy that he was able to become proficient in Mandarin after a couple of months of teaching from Shado

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Wilson View Post
    this.

the deaths of Yao Fei and Shado along with Slade's transformation into a (he looks and sounds insane) super soldier have made me question this for a while: how much more training (and from who?) does Ollie get on/off the island that transforms him into the person we saw in the pilot episode?

PS: i know he will learn Russian from the Bratva/Anatoli Knyazev at some point possibly. but i do not buy that he was able to become proficient in Mandarin after a couple of months of teaching from Shado
    agreed!

but this might not be true but i have heard somewhere that Slade will be the one to train Oliver a little bit more (i dont know if Slade will be Oliver's only current mentor, but all i know is that Slade will train Oliver in some way/form)

I also agree with what and have been thinking for a long time now as to how Oliver learns to be proficient in Mandarin as a couple on months training from Shado just in not enough to be as proficient as Oliver can speak Mandarin in the present day.

Saving The City
    My guess, he learns on the job. I don't think he will have another mentor, he learned basic hand to hand combat from Slade, and Shado taught him how to use the bow and arrow as an effective weapon (as we saw in the season 1 finale when he killed Fyers with one shot.

And someone above said about Yao Fei not being confirmed as dead, well, he took a bullet between the eyes, that is dead in pretty much any universe.

New In Town
    Well we didn't know much thing about what happened on Island. In season 1 when Shado mades her first appear in the series, Yao Fei hugged her. They show us her Dragon tattoo in her back and there was a soundtrack when they showing it. So the Dragon tattoo was special. The same tattoo is also in Oliver's back, again when they are showing the tattoo on Oliver's back, same soundtrack played. Shado said she wanted help from the organizations to reach her father. I think the tattoo is the symbol of the organization she talked about, i bet they'll come to island and make Oliver one of them, train him maybe.

Oh yeah also Anatoli Kynyasev's organization may trained Oliver too. Or both organizations did lol

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeless View Post
    Now we know a submarine holding an secret from the second world war was hidden in the heart of the island one that apparently can revive the dead... Yao may have known about it and even been used as one of the guinea pigs for it.
    So there's every chance he'll reappear however what if Arrow met Natas or Ra's Al'Ghul?
    Could they have had a hand in his training after all Sara was trained by them and I doubt whoever trained her ignored the evidence that someone else was on the island... someone who saved Sara's life and might have helped Oliver in return perhaps?
    can Mirakuru serum actually revive people from the dead!?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheArrow View Post
    My guess, he learns on the job. I don't think he will have another mentor, he learned basic hand to hand combat from Slade, and Shado taught him how to use the bow and arrow as an effective weapon (as we saw in the season 1 finale when he killed Fyers with one shot.

And someone above said about Yao Fei not being confirmed as dead, well, he took a bullet between the eyes, that is dead in pretty much any universe.
    yeah you have a great point and i also think that Yao Fei is dead, but you never know what can happen on Arrow !

Doin' stuff n' thaangs deathstroke79's Avatar
    yao fei
    shado
    slade

New In Town
    up to season 2 only 2 years are accounted for, I cant wait to find out about next 3!..I think he was trained by different people, which is why he can deal with almost any situation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast