Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Heaven Can't Wait?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Heaven Can't Wait?

Okay, this is probably an unpopular opinion but this episode felt like filler to me. We didn't really find out much (except that the angels falling is "apparently" here to stay).

But let's start at the beginning.

So some guy was going to kill himself but then he gets splattered?

Cas is working at a convenience store under the name Steve? (And is he living there as well? The sleeping bag and all.)

Was it me or were those guys Cas was copying supposed to be sort of Sam and Dean-ish? I mean one was bigger than the other (not tall but just bigger) and wearing a flannel shirt. The other guy seemed like he had a leather jacket on, etc. It made me curious.

Dean not wanting to do research. Ah, Dean! Never change. And he uses the phone call to get out of it. Also Dean obviously working hard to keep Sam/Zeke (Seke? Zam?) from Cas.

Asking Crowley for help. Just knew that was going to turn into a deal (it always does with Crowley. After all, he used to be a Crossroads Demon!).

Sam's insult "scarier than you've been in years". Ouch!

So a special brand of angel, eh (why are we finding out about more/new species now? I don't know, just seems to be coming out of nowhere). I do like the idea of an angel trying to continue their mission on earth and being confused by human emotions.

Dean giving Cas dating advice was priceless!

And whoops, it wasn't a date, she needed a babysitter. I know she pointed out how responsible he was but shouldn't she at least have asked if he knew anything about kids? (I realized that would have given it away but still...)

Ah, Kevin. Crowley pushes your buttons so easily! And Crowley on hold (how the mighty have fallen).

Cas singing the "Greatest American Hero" theme (I'm wondering how he even knows it? The show isn't in repeats anymore as far as I know. He wouldn't have been paying attention when the show first aired--since he was a full on angel back then. *confused*) and Ephraim came for Cas, not the baby (called it!).

So the spell can't be undone, huh? Is Crowley lying? But other things have been 'impossible' before and somehow the boys find a way.

Crowley taking the needle. I think he was injecting himself with Kevin's blood. To feel human again or something similar. I think he is finding he enjoyed it before and wants that feeling back. Or maybe he figures if he becomes human enough the devil's trap won't hold him?

More lies, Dean? Lying to Cas about the angels. *sighs*

So while not a bad episode I just felt like we didn't really get much forward momentum. Some of it was very cute though.
    10--Give this episode a slushie!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--make this episode clean the bathrooms!
    0%

The poll is expired.

I like that idea about if he is human the devil's trap would not hold him...

Seems like this season is all about humanity....

Comment

I really enjoyed it myself. Didn't care for Castiel's new love interest or what ever you call Nora, but I enjoyed the new take on the Rita Zien(which is actually Enochian...Supernatural's writers did their work!) and interesting that the spell is irreversible. It would be odd if angels are on Earth forever, so I hope something happens before the series ends. And Crowley trying to stay human...add one more for Team Free Will!

Comment

And Misha singing was priceless the greatest american hero! Wonder where Cas has heard it

Comment

Well I really like the episode. Jensen Ackles has been given kinda an almost all-emotions story to tell and I though he did a good job looking awkward, confused, amused and sad. I must say it was pretty subtle acting but I kinda like that. Misha Collins was also awesome IMO at showing all the emotions. Their final awkward goodbye was really sad for me. While I don't think for a minute that they will be separated for long, there was a finality to their goodbye as I felt Dean sort of let Cas go. He clearly wants Cas in his life but is respecting the idea that Cas is trying to make a go of it without being involved in hunting. I think S9 is working hard to destroy Dean's little family.

I thought the the same thing about Crowley using the blood to become more human to escape. But how to get more blood seems iffy. So, not sure.

Comment

I felt like a fallen angel too when I had similar customer service duties. It was harrowing, like I was losing a quantum of soul every day having to deal with the soul-sucking public. God do they suck soul! But at the same time I was getting to work with my hands, which was a welcome relief. So it's a mixed bag. That thing about dignity followed immediately by an overflowing toilet was so true.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
              I thought the the same thing about Crowley using the blood to become more human to escape. But how to get more blood seems iffy. So, not sure.
              Well Crowley really needed just human blood one more time via Sam's hand to finish off the last trial, so who knows...maybe Crowley doesn't need that much more blood?

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
                I thought the the same thing about Crowley using the blood to become more human to escape. But how to get more blood seems iffy.
                It would be interesting to see if he does need more and how he would obtain it (since he can play Kevin like a violin I'm sure he'd get it from him. Probably via a deal.).

I was sort of hoping they would use Sam's blood just because I'm curious of Crowley would be able to tell he's hosting an angel. I mean, obviously Crowley can't sense Zeke in there but would it 'show up', as it were, via the blood?

Comment

Well Crowley really needed just human blood one more time via Sam's hand to finish off the last trial, so who knows...maybe Crowley doesn't need that much more blood?
                  Crowley got ALL 8 injections from Sam. Remember he tilted his head for the last one? If you see the deleted scene this becomes even more apparent. The process was:
                  - Purified blood - Done (Sam's confession)
                  - 8 shots - 1 time every hour - Done
                  - Latinating - Done
                  - A bloody fisted to the mouth - NOT DONE. Sam cut his hand and was ready to deliver the final fist sandwich when Dean stopped him and wrapped up his hand with random rag of the week.

So... I don't think Kevin's blood (which is NOT purified) will do. I don't think an injection from Sam will do. I think Sam had to finish the exorcism/cure all in one go. Is his blood even pure now? It's been a long time for him not to have done something that requires confession. So... I think the spell is out. Now bad writing can ignore all this... but if they play by the exorcism/cure rules...I think Sam has to re-accomplish the entire third trial to close the gates of Hell. JMO YMMV.

Comment

Misha/Castiel is a damn good actor
                    He plays the emotions he has for being human very good

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍