Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Hub?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
    That's not what a conspiracy is.
    The word conspiracy has lost its original meaning because "conspiracy theory" has become a dirty term. Apparently the word "propaganda" used to be non-nefarious, did you know?

Comment

I was thinking it would be too predictable if Ageny May was Skye's mother, and then they showed Skye, but she was reading file, so she's probably not Skye's mother.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
        The word conspiracy has lost its original meaning because "conspiracy theory" has become a dirty term. Apparently the word "propaganda" used to be non-nefarious, did you know?
        Did it have a different definition or was the manipulation aspect simply acceptable?

Re: Degobunny - For it to be an actual conspiracy, it needs to be something secret and unlawful. Hand is the commanding officer. She had every right to do what she did if she felt it meant a higher chance of success for the mission. Coulson's stance is an issue of trust and moral "rightness" and has nothing to do with procedure and legality is my understanding. They should be brought up on charges.

I can't barge into the Pentagon, taze the security guards, and break into classified files because I think something totally legal is wrong and then expect NOT to be arrested.
        Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 11-13-2013, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
          I was thinking it would be too predictable if Ageny May was Skye's mother, and then they showed Skye, but she was reading file, so she's probably not Skye's mother.
          I assumed from the beginning that it was Coulson who dropped her off at the orphanage. I guess I was wrong.

My next question would be... how did he find out only the information he told Skye? Or, if he knows more, why would Skye believe he only found out that much information?

Comment

It was good to see team members pair up with others they haven't up til now (More 'bad girl' Simmons!) and Coulson is sensing that something is amiss, but other than that it was an average episode. Realistically, Simmons should at least be suspended for her actions and Skye at this point should be up on federal charges. Even Coulson should answer as team lead for the roguish behaviour. This is when suspension of disbelief comes into play, especially in Skye's case.

7/10

Comment

Great episode. I am loving Simmons, probably my favourite character on the show. Fitz's face when she told him that she shot an officer was priceless as well.

Comment

I thought this episode was excellent (though it lacked a bit in the last 15 minutes or so but then got good again at the end).

The start with Coulson captured, May and Ward to the rescue. Nice.

Um, ew! The extraction through the nose--gross!

At the Hub Simmons name checks the Triskellion. Oh my little comic book loving heart gave a jump for joy! And then the dude from "The Consultant" short. Another jump for joy.

Victoria Hand (red streaks and all).

Coulson's hesitation on "It's a magical place" this time around? Why? And Skye's line about "robot version of himself". Hmmm.

Fitz and Ward captured, Fitz fixing the genny then revealing he broke it in the first place. Cute.

Simmons following Skye's advice? There's a recipe for disaster (and it was was). She night-night gunned him? Poor dude.

When Skye almost went after the redacted files I was ready to be furious. Then she changed her mind and I calmed down.

name checking Barton and Romanov (who don't need extraction plans cause they can get themselves out!).

And yes, of course Fitz is trying to prove something.

"It's the Calvary". May would hit him for calling her that. And Fitz and Ward seem to have bonded?

Skye hugging Coulson was cute. But she seems awfully thrilled for someone who didn't get much more information other than "dropped off by a Shield agent". Odd.

So is it me or is Skye's backstory aligning even more with Jessica Drew's (one of the 3 anyway)? I am becoming more and more convinced that's she Jess "in disguise" or something. Would be cool.

And the reveal that Coulson can't access his own file. I would be surprised if agents could access their own files.

Just an all around exciting episode with humor and tension and a few reveals and a few mysteries deepened. Also, both Fitz and Simmons are growing on me (didn't care much for them to start off with).

Comment

I actually liked this episode....i liked the Ward/Fitzz team up....it gave them time to bond and respect each other as they worked their way through the mission....they each showed the level they're at in their jobs....and when the situation got sticky....how to play off their respective fields to solve their dilemma... IAN did a great job in this episode....the jokes and everything....loved his reaction when Simmons told him she shot the Agent....also the continuity of the last episode where Ward assures him....so nice....

I admit the whole Skye/Simmons team up could have gone better and there should have been some repercussions...but maybe they got away with it due to Hand's "NO EXTRACTION" tactics...

As for Coulson's "TAHITI" and "IT'S A MAGICAL PLACE" STORY LINE....loved the continuity of it and the fact that S.H.E.I.L.D and FURY has a classification on his file is intriguing....hope light shines on it soon of what really happened with Coulson....

Definitely looking forward to Skye's past revelations....

I was originally going to give it a 8/10 but bumped it to a 9 for Ian's work this week....his character improves week to week.....

Comment

'The Hub' is a god episode. We get to see a character from Spider-Man in this episode. How long before Peter Parker appear in this series? Ms. Hand put two agents on a mission in which they might not come back. Coulson ended up having to rescue them because of the lie Ms. Hand told these two. How did Coulson came back from the dead? I bet he want to know and we find out the same time as he does.

Comment

Originally posted by mbozzo
                      'The Hub' is a god episode. We get to see a character from Spider-Man in this episode. How long before Peter Parker appear in this series? Ms. Hand put two agents on a mission in which they might not come back. Coulson ended up having to rescue them because of the lie Ms. Hand told these two. How did Coulson came back from the dead? I bet he want to know and we find out the same time as he does.
                      He can't. The rights belong to Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                        Did it have a different definition or was the manipulation aspect simply acceptable?

Re: Degobunny - For it to be an actual conspiracy, it needs to be something secret and unlawful. Hand is the commanding officer. She had every right to do what she did if she felt it meant a higher chance of success for the mission. Coulson's stance is an issue of trust and moral "rightness" and has nothing to do with procedure and legality is my understanding. They should be brought up on charges.

I can't barge into the Pentagon, taze the security guards, and break into classified files because I think something totally legal is wrong and then expect NOT to be arrested.
                        Hand was acting unlawful when she lied to Ward giving some fake plan for an extraction. She further lied when she decided to keep said information from Coulson even though he should have had clearance to know but apparently did not because 'the system' he praises so highly is actively working against him it seems. As Coulson I believe mentioned in the episode even Hawkeye and Black Widow are told when they are going on missions without an extraction team in place, so they could prepare. Hand deliberately kept that information from Coulson and Ward that they should have known. I understand her reasoning for keeping the information from Fitz, in a backwards kinda way kinda from Coulson even the reasoning is really dumb on her part for not trusting Coulson to trust the system. But keeping the information from Ward compromised the mission to an extent and Hand is very lucky Coulson found what was going on and was able to save his team.

At this point I think it is pretty obvious to me at least that SHIELD has been infiltrated by AIM Hydra or another one of the enemies of SHIELD. The system of trusting that higher ups are always going to make the right call is going to be the organizations downfall, which will probably take full effect in the Captain America: The Winter Solider.
                        Last edited by Degobunny; 11-17-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                          As far as Fury...he is probably too busy with other things to care what Coulson is up to at this point and it has been up to people like Hand or Hill to handle Coulson' s resurrection issues. It is also possible the Thahijti being a magic place is suppose to somehow be a control word to keep Coulson from questioning things, but it has started to lose its effectiveness (this would play into Coulson being an lmd or maybe the Vision).
                          Just noticed your Avatar. Love it lol

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎