Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Identity?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved it.

Comment

This was a good episode overall. I like that Ollie finally realizes that others have made sacrifices as a result of helping him last season. Laurel's quest to bring the vigilante to justice adds a complication to their relationship. I was afraid S2 might have had Ollie and Laurel go all lovey-dovey as the next phase aka "we need each other to heal after Tommy's death, etc.", but it looks like those fears can be put to rest. He can't afford to get too close.

It looks like Roy is picking up the secrets and lies torch with that red arrow. Poor Thea, he'll be lying to "protect" her.

Comment

I'm disliking Laurel more and more. This episode was great, nice cliffhanger. I'm still getting anxious waiting for Roy to find out who Oliver really is and I'm ready to see Roy join the team and become the red arrow!

Comment

Another great episode. Loved seeing China White and hopefully we see more of her this season. I also want to see more of Isabel. Also would have liked to have seen more of the guy with the claws.

Comment

Here are a few comments observations on the "Identity" episode. I'll try to keep it short and sweet....at least shorter and sweeter than usual!

1. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Oliver/the Hood/Green Archer doesn't keep his head in that awkard "sideways" position with the hoodie covering his whole face any longer. It seemed to me that he looked the people he talked to (e.g. China White, Roy Harper) straight in the face, which made me wonder how they didn't recognize him....especially since Oliver Queen is a public figure whose return to Starling city just happened to co-incide with the return of the Hood. But I guess I'll just have to suspend my disbelief and pretend that they can't see what I'm seeing! Of course, the viewers are getting close ups, while China White et al are standing at a distance, so maybe they don't see what I'm seeing? Am I making any sense at all here???

2. As someone remarked, the TPTB went a bit overboard with the Oliver/Felicity banter in this ep-Felicity seemed to be in a huff about her "demotion" for the most part of the episode. Maybe it's Emily's style of acting, but to me she didn't seem THAT p*ssed off, though. It's still nice to see that Felicity has grown a backbone and that she has stopped fangirling (so much) over Oliver...and that the geeky IT-girl mannerisms and the worst sexual innuendos have been toned down a bit. I think making Felicity Oliver's personal assistant was a good move on the writers' part, because in the season premiere her presence in some scenes seemed somewhat odd and superfluous...for example, why would Oliver bring the QC tech girl to an important business meeting with Isabel Rochev? As a secretary/assistant her presence will seem more natural/motivated. And a silly question: do secretaries/personal assistants still bring coffee to their bosses in the year of 2013??? Maybe in the U.S., but here in Scandinavia I would venture that even big time CEO's like Oliver Queen have to drag their own asses over to the coffee machine if they want to have a cup of coffee!

3. How convenient that Laurel was working late all alone in the DA's office every time the Hood decided to pay her a visit! I thought the first scene was pretty intense, in fact I even got the impression that Laurel is losing it a bit, probably from grief and survivor's guilt, so it will be interesting to see what happens after this episode's cliff hanger. I have read that [SPOILER] Laurel will become the victim of substance abuse, so maybe we'll even have some kind of mental breakdown [/SPOILER] Maybe that's why she doesn't reflect on the fact that the Green Archer returned to Starling city at the same time as Oliver, even though she herself at some point suspected that Ollie and the Hood might be the same person?? Or maybe she has such high thoughts of Oliver right now that she can't imagine him being the man she detests?

4. I really liked the Thea/Roy Harper scenes in this episode. The Roy Harper storyline has seemed a bit disconnected from the Oliver storyline, but in this ep they finally connected and Roy can begin his journey to become a hero himself.

5. I couldn't believe that China White is finally captured by the police! I thought she was one of those villains who would keep popping up like a Jack in the Box throughout the season. Of course, we never know what will happen in the upcoming episodes-maybe the Triads will be able to get her out of prison somehow.

6. Diggle broke up with Carly-me not happy! I did love the scene between Diggle and Oliver, though, where Oliver apologized to Diggle and said that he had been too wrapped up in his own manpain to think about his friends. It reminded me of the good old days with Diggle and Ollie bonding in the "Arrowcave"!

7. Missing In Action: Quentin, Moira and Walter

8. Last but not least...we got TWO shirtless moments in this episode, one with Ollie working out in the "Arrowcave" and one on the Island. Me very happy!

I liked this episode a lot and gave it a nine.
            Last edited by evaba; 10-18-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Nice cliffhanger.

Comment

I won't repeat what everyone else has said here in detail. But, I would like to say this season is so GOOD. And, this latest episode was the best! The actors have really grown into their characters and I like Laurel more now. I really didn't care for her too much in the first season, found her rather annoying, with not much depth. But not now. I am really enjoying ALL the characters and dynamics of the show! I think Identity is the best episode of Arrow yet of both seasons.

Comment

I liked the episode.
                  For me, the more of the good fight scenes, the better. These were done fairly well, with a hint of the fantastic. Are these people so bad*** from their training that they don't need super powers?
                  Oliver catches a non-advertised arrow from Roy
                  China White takes out two guys in a truck - thru a window - apparently with throwing daggers
                  The guy with the claws shredding arrows - at a pretty rapid rate of fire - with seeming ease

At this point in the show, Oliver/Arrow needs someone to support him, or believe in him. It seems that everybody but Diggle and Roy are slapping him around mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.

The Arrow crew - .not sure why Felicity is so negative in this episode. She and Digs, after all, went to the island and made/convinced him to come back. He could have said no, stayed there, and she wouldn't have a job. I guess she is not aware that OQ is a fairly damaged individual. he didn't all of a sudden become an ideal citizen after a 5 month break between seasons. OQ is not a touchy feely, hug it out kind of guy. He is very good at observing details related to survival, but he becomes so focused he is seeing the trees but not the forest. I love Felicity, but I don't want her to be channeling season one Thea.

I have to agree with the bads - such as China White. I am beginning to think, if the Hood is no longer killing anyone, then there is a definite drop off in his ability to do what he has set out to do - save the city. If they know he won't kill them, then there is really no more fear of the Arrow. I never saw him as a "kill first" type of character. They really made an effort to distinguish that in the season one Huntress stories. China is right, the authorities will never accept him as anything other than a vigilante. So I am not sure why they are stressing this so much for this season. It seems that a slow progression of Oliver realizing there might be another way is out of the question, as they have already moved to the end game for that facet.

Last season, I didn't have much of an opinion of Roy. But so far this season, I really like him. I like his motives. In a way, he feels so grateful to the Arrow, that he is now trying to emulate him. I love the relationship with Thea. She has a very big temper and enjoys railing about this or that, even if it is self destructive for her. Roy, you have your hands full with that girl. Thea, you are going to blow a gasket with that boy.

I'm not getting Laurel. Or the police. There are vehicles full of controlled substances being hijacked, but they don't seem to care about that. They want to get the Hood. Since when is he a bigger problem than people in hospitals in danger of dying because of these robberies?

The way OQ was treated in the Glades, why is that not disgraceful? If you don't like someone, that doesn't give you the right to mob them, swing at them with baseball bats, etc. If I was OQ, I would say the **** with this city, and go back to my island.

Comment

Yeah when I was watching I was thinking if the people in the Glades was attacking me and if I had the training Oliver had I would be fighting back.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                      The opening salvoes between Oliver Queen and Sebastian Blood were quite interesting, and did anyone else get a 'flashback' feeling when Blood apologized to Oliver for his ambush at the hospital? It was very much the same kind of 'apology' that Malcolm Merlyn delivered in the Season 1 finale while Oliver was in chains.
                      Yes! I totally noticed! Maybe it was the same author LOL Or maybe it was indeed intentional.

Originally posted by evaba
                      8. Last but not least...we got TWO shirtless moments in this episode, one with Ollie working out in the "Arrowcave" and one on the Island. Me very happy!
                      And I wondered how they did the one on the island. Did they use a fake tummy for him, to cover his abs? Obviously, I looked very closely at it LOL

Edit: Can someone please tell me what is going on with my posts? When I click "reply with quote" I only get this small squished together window, I have no idea how to make it bigger and my post looks like this as well. I just tried to copy and paste my entry into the field down there, which is as wide as the thread, making a new post and it looked fine, until I deleted the first one, then the second one turned squished as well.

Then I left both entries, the first one squished and the second one okay, to show you the difference. One minute later I looked at it again and now the first one was okay and the second one squished! So I deleted the second one, hoping the first one would stay like that now - alas, it is suddenly squished again. All I want is my posts looking like all the others above, it is weird when they are so small and long. Can anyone please tell me what to do about it? I see some others have this problem as well, so it's not just me. A glitch in the forum?

Edit2: Naturally, now it looks fine again. We'll see how long it will last. But all my other posts in other threads look squished as well.
                      Last edited by Astra; 10-19-2013, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Hi Astra,

I never tried to quote two different posters in one reply, but I think I can help you with the quotes. If you want you can "copy-paste" a snippet from a post, and write [*QUOTE] in the beginning of the text and in the end [*/QUOTE]. Take away the asterisks and you'll get this:

in the beginning of the text, and in the end
                        Same procedure with spoilers...[SPOILER]spoiler[/SPOILER]

I liked your comment on the Island shirtless moment-very happy that I'm not the only one who is shallow enough to notice these things!I thought Island Oliver looked pretty buff, but maybe his sixpack was a little less prominent....I did notice that his scars were fewer, which is only natural. I also think that this was the first time we saw Shado's tattoo, though I may be wrong.
                        Last edited by evaba; 10-19-2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
                          Hi Astra,
                          I liked your comment on the Island shirtless moment-very happy that I'm not the only one who is shallow enough to notice these things!I thought Island Oliver looked pretty buff, but maybe his sixpack was a little less prominent....I did notice that his scars were fewer, which is only natural. I also think that this was the first time we saw Shado's tattoo, though I may be wrong.
                          We saw Shado's tattoo in her first appearance. Yao Fei was allowed to see Shado and they showed her shoulder in that episode later in that episode they showed Ollie had that tattoo in the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                            We saw Shado's tattoo in her first appearance. Yao Fei was allowed to see Shado and they showed her shoulder in that episode later in that episode they showed Ollie had that tattoo in the same place.
                            Yes, of course! I remember that scene now!

Comment

And ANOTHER great episode I was a big fan of the introduction to Sebastion Blood and the Bronze Tiger as well Here is my video review of the episode

Comment

Arrow's villains could use some additional character development. China White's been on more than a few times, we should know by now more about her, what's her stake in all this, etc. Maybe in the form of flashbacks of her own? Not all the bad guys will have the chance to grow on the series like Slade / Deathstroke (easily the best-developed 'villain' on Arrow), but they need more -- not less -- of that quality of treatment on the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎