Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Devil May Care?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Devil May Care?

What did you think?
    10 - I Care.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - The Devil may care but I don't.
    0%

They set up the whole season pretty well, between tonight and last week.

* Heaven's sealed off - angels fell - said angels are after Cas & the boys - Metatron is the "King of Heaven", so to speak, at the moment
    * Sam is an unwitting and unwilling(?) accomplice to being an angel condom; Dean is keeping it secret - having said angel inside provides a convenient "get out of jail free" card for Sam and his allies
    * Crowley is "the thing in the basement"
    * Abaddon's back and with a vengeance, bringing demons with her - plans on taking over Hell, & getting hold of Crowley
    * Kevin's still around, but as usual, monumentally conflicted

I need a rewatch to get a better overall feel for the whole episode, but overall, it was not bad.

One thing I admit to not being a fan of, in something that happened from this episode - I've been reading some other boards and some have said they are glad Sam "got called on springing Lucifer"... I can see the anger and resentment from Tracy as she felt it was the reason her family was killed, but 'calling Sam on springing Lucifer' could happen 10 times an episode; its not going to change anything. It would have been different if someone else had paid the ultimate price in the end, for it, but they didn't; he caused the problem and he fixed it. Guess I just don't see the 'need' to see a character get kicked in the sensitive parts over and over again just so some "fans" can find justification of their viewing habit.

Comment

i did find the shape of ezekial's wings intriguing tho (how broken they looked, and shedding), could be allusions or foreshadowing to the future of him becoming a true fallen angel ala Lucifer (kinda did look like burnt crispy wings)

i have a sneaking suspicion that sam really never woke up, and its just the angel faking the whole time that he is same....hmm, just me tho

Comment

Originally posted by tam123
        i did find the shape of ezekial's wings intriguing tho (how broken they looked, and shedding), could be allusions or foreshadowing to the future of him becoming a true fallen angel ala Lucifer (kinda did look like burnt crispy wings)
        I think the wings were broken and frayed simply because Ezekiel is still healing.
        He has his wings back to an extent, but there's still a way to go before they're 100% again.
        The episode was ok, not much to say about it. I'm glad it was full on mythos though- Don't get me wrong, I like the classic 'monster of the week' episodes with the teasers at the beginning of people dying gruesome (yet entertaining) deaths.....but the main arc of the show is the most important thing.
        I just want to see it all lead up to Lucifer vs Michael.

Comment

I am hopeful that the occasional Lucifer name-dropping will actually be leading up to his return....it's interesting that you say that about Sam not being Sam and it's actually Zeke, but we had this kind of thing with soulless Sam pretty much....but again, we have Zeke now being the Winchester's power ranger. Mmmmm......I wonder what Zeke would do if Sam were not in danger, much like a Prophet and his Archangel?

So many ways this could go....I'm glad it looks like next week we get Cas back. I thought it was very touching the scene between Kevin and Dean. Team Free Will has another member, but we all know where Dean's true allegiance lies.....sigh

Comment

another great episode.. really hope this season keeps its momentum

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
              I am hopeful that the occasional Lucifer name-dropping will actually be leading up to his return....it's interesting that you say that about Sam not being Sam and it's actually Zeke, but we had this kind of thing with soulless Sam pretty much....but again, we have Zeke now being the Winchester's power ranger. Mmmmm......I wonder what Zeke would do if Sam were not in danger, much like a Prophet and his Archangel?

So many ways this could go....I'm glad it looks like next week we get Cas back. I thought it was very touching the scene between Kevin and Dean. Team Free Will has another member, but we all know where Dean's true allegiance lies.....sigh
              And where lies Dean's allegiance? Sam?

Comment

Kevin is my father. I like Abaddon and want her to win. I've always had a thing for redheads. Secret angel ride-alongs are the best. I want one. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't, or so goes the wisdom and perhaps one of the plotlines here. Abaddon represents a return to the heartless hell that takes advantage of weaknesses like the humanity that Crowley is apparently saddled with deep down. So he'll more naturally side with the human plight as the one who'd make things easier on us and maybe even roll back hell's agression further as he sees the light. He'll be our candidate in hell's mayoral race. But Abaddon will have the better dirty tricks squad that usually wins elections for someone. So that means the winchesters will have to throw in their support behind crowley and rig things so hell sees him as the better choice. I just hope they don't bring in CBS' Nancy Cordis to be a reporter covering hell's election night, because her rampant democratic party bias really annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                  And where lies Dean's allegiance? Sam?
                  Sam. This is not the place for spoilers, so I didn't explain myself, I guess....referring to the decision Dean will be making regarding Cas....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                    Sam. This is not the place for spoilers, so I didn't explain myself, I guess....referring to the decision Dean will be making regarding Cas....
                    Oh yeah, that bugs me a lot. But If I say anything about that, Anno will have my head All that Dean does for Sam seems so weird. Considering that he didn't even look for Dean when he was in Purgatory. But then I guess that bigger brothers has to look out for their little brothers so I'm okay with that

Comment

Really enjoyed that episode. Loved seeing Crowley and Abbadon again. I'd like to know how the angels were able to kill any of these Knights of Hell, they seem invincible. Kevin was very irritating this episode, would like to see much less of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                        Really enjoyed that episode. Loved seeing Crowley and Abbadon again. I'd like to know how the angels were able to kill any of these Knights of Hell, they seem invincible. Kevin was very irritating this episode, would like to see much less of him.
                        I don't think hell knights are invincible. They're probably just similar to Lilith... one of the firsts and powerful and handpicked by Lucifer of course. Who knows... They probably have a few tricks from being around forever. I still think a well placed demon knife could kill her but that would ruin this story arc right lol

Comment

Loved the episode. It was really intense. Thought the words suicidally stupid aptly described the plan. Abbadean is HOT. Kevin/Dean was great. And Mark Sheppard and Osric Chau knocked it out of the park in their scenes IMO.

Comment

I thought this was a great episode!

Sam and Dean talking at the picnic table (loved how Dean seemed to be scrutinizing Sam for signs of angelic stuff or something). Dean: "what would Sam Winchester do?" Heh. Crowley in the trunk!

Ah, the return of Abaddon. I have to admit, as much as I like Alaina, I think it would have made more sense to have her return in a new meat suit. I did love the crossroads demon pointing out the obvious to her, though. Cute.

Back to the Batcave. And Crowley is so kinky! I'm really starting to think he's crushing on Sam (stilettos and a leather bustier, Crowley? Really? And Dean's reaction was cute.). Kevin's freak out was good too.

The girl. I thought for sure she was either going to be a demon or a victim turned meatsuit. Huh, wasn't expecting her to be a hunter.

Stark and Banner, really, Dean?

Kevin covering the phones (ah, that made me miss Bobby!; and why not use Garth?--I know DJ isn't available but we don't have to hear that half of the conversation.) and failing but blackmailing the soldier?

Crowley pushing Kevin's buttons why the boys are away (did they really think he was going to stay out of there?!) and Abaddon invites them to come play.

The comment from the girl hunter about Lucifer and the demon killing her parents in celebration was a big surprise but a good one. A reminder that hunting community still is holding grudges against Sam.

Dean's fight with Abaddon was good but even better was Sam's fight (though I think he went down a little too easy. But then there was a reason for that, of course!). And the knock unconscious and Ezekiel comes out to play. The shadow form behind him (with the emaciated wings--nice touch!) and the light was perfect. As was Zeke's talk with Dean ("what you did, you did out of love" and Dean's discomfort was so spot on!). Then Sam's admiration too.

Kevin and Dean have it out (though I hadn't realized Dean considered Kevin family) and Sam's line "I'm happy with my life for the 1st time in...forever". Ah, the foreshadowing. Dean's guilty expression there too was a nice nuance.

So yeah, I really liked it. Brought back a big bad, furthered other storylines, and I'm really starting to think Zeke might be the best angel of the lot (he's already got my vote to take Heaven over when the angels return to the clouds).

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎