Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here"?

Better late than never.
    Post your thoughts on the Season 9 premiere here!

I thought it was a great start to the season.
    I think I'm gonna like this season.
    0%
    I think I'm gonna never watch this show again.
    0%

No poll?

Comment

The Road So Far was well done. Enjoyed the song and the clips.

Sam in the car with Dean. Knew it was a 'dream sequence' from the start. "Because we hugged it out in that church and now we're going to Disneyland". LOL

Interesting how Sam knew the media was referring to it as global media shower.

The new title card--light (or is that fire?) and wings. Guess that shows this season will be all about the angels.

Dean praying to Cas, then calling on angels on angel radio (loved the music in the background of that scene, very pretty). And the angels all hearing him.

Bobby! Always nice to see Mr. Beaver. So was Bobby just a facet of Sam manifesting or the 'real' Bobby (and same for Death)?

Cas with no powers (loved him trying the forehead trick with that dude!) and the girl.

Dean "I've the King of Hell in my trunk". LOL again.

Ezekiel to the rescue. Tahmoh had an interesting take on Zeke (as Jared refers to him). Kind of Castiel-stilted talking, kinda not.

Again with the Grand Canyon? It's becoming not so special now, writers.

Cas calls and Dean tells him to get to the bunker, only to have crazy!angel girl whack him in the head with the board (how many times was Cas injured in this ep.? Seemed like a lot!).

Dean stabbing Bobby was a "whoa" moment. Even if we knew it wasn't real, still! And Dean vs. Sam (again. *sigh*).

Death returns (I love this character but last he saw the Winchesters didn't he say he wouldn't be back?) and he's proud of Sam? Again, not sure if that's really Death or just Sam's mind projecting?

Good question--if Heaven's closed where do Angels go when the sigil is used?

Annnnd Cas kills another angel. And he wonders why they don't like him/want him back.

Question: even possessing him, how can Zeke heal Sam when even Cas said (at full angelic power) that he couldn't? *is confused*

Using Dean to get close then Zeke possessing Sam. (Last time an angel possessed Sam was when Lucifer was wearing Sam like a prom dress. And why, exactly, didn't Luci use that same trick to get Sam to say yes then?)

Another secret kept *sighs again* to keep Sam safe.

Cas stripping and choosing to leave his coat behind in order to eat (does Castiel not know about water fountains? He doesn't have to buy water.). And we end as we began.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
        Question: even possessing him, how can Zeke heal Sam when even Cas said (at full angelic power) that he couldn't? *is confused*
        I think you answered your own question, in a way.

From the difference between a touch from Cas couldn't heal Sam, to Zeke's possession of him (will *supposedly*) heal them both. Possession must be something much more, or stronger, than just angel power. Maybe it has something to do with 'communing' with Sam's soul. Afterall, based on the canon shown in s6 & 7, angels can "power boost" by taking on/using human & monster souls.

Comment

That does make sense. Ezekiel being able to heal Sam within him when he couldn't outside, much like Cas.

Comment

Nice recap Derek. Picked up on a lot of the subtleties. I'm really looking forward to S9 and felt this was a great premier.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
              Afterall, based on the canon shown in s6 & 7, angels can "power boost" by taking on/using human & monster souls.
              Ah, that makes sense. I'd forgotten about the boost angels get from souls. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎