*SNIKT* Hi guys :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SNIKT* Hi guys :)

Hey everyone

Wanna introduce myself properly here to you. I am 30 years old and a big comic book fan ever since I was 9 (I got into it with the Jim Lee X-Men Comics in the early 90s).

After being a Marvel fan only I also became a fan of DC in 1998 after reading "The Death of Superman". I have been reading and collecting both Marvel and DC Comics ever since and am also a huge fan of many of the Marvel and DC (though to be honest there is only a few DC films that I really love) live action films.

My favorite characters at Marvel are Wolverine, the X-Men (particularly Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde and Psylocke), Iron Man, Thor and the Avengers (particularly Scarlet Witch and ms.Marvel/Cpt. Marvel besides those I already named). I also used to be a major Spider-Man fanatic for more than a decade (particularly the stuff of McFarlane and Micheline in the late 80s/early 90s) but stopped reading his comics after the One More Day arc a few years ago. Spidey characters like Gwen Stacy, Venom, Carnage or of course Black Cat are still some of my most favorite comic book characters of all time though!

My favorite characters at DC are Superman (my most favorite hero ever), Wonder Woman, Batman, Catwoman (I am legitimately in love with her) and Justice League.

I am also a huge movie fan with a love for many different genres such as action,scifi, fantasy, horror, comedy and some martial arts, thrillers and dramas as well. But my most favorite genres will always be superhero cinema and big sagas like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I really enjoy very different kinds of films actually. I love bloody slasher films like Halloween or Friday the 13th as much as I also love emotional films such as the Twilight Saga.

My favorite directors include Quentin Tarantino, James Cameron, Michael Bay and of course my personal geek god Joss Whedon (I am a bonafide Whedonite)

Am a huge fan of music, particularly rock and punkrock but I also like pop, poprock, pop punk and especially orchestral movie scores (particularly the stuff of John Williams, Howard Shore, Steve Jablonsky or Hans Zimmer)

I also am a dedicated and very passionate fan of several Tv shows.

Obviously there is SMALLVILLE which is my most fav TV show of all time and which I have avidly followed from the very first to the very last episode in its 10 year run. And of course the Season 11 Comic series is among my monthly comic book subscription and is actually currently my most favorite Superman comic book that DC is putting out (Though Superman Unchained is also finally a really great Supes book. The best in years in DCs main continuity)

Besides Smallville I am a major fan of Buffy and its spin-off Angel (and yes I am of course following the Season 8 and 9 comic series as well) and also a big Vampire Diaries Fan for the last few years. Recently I also added Arrow to my list of favs which I think is a great show. Not as great as Smallville or Buffy but close.

This Fall there are two more series to add to the list of series I follow which are The Originals (spin-off of TVD) and of course Joss Whedons Agents of SHIELD (New Whedon show + Marvel = epic win)

I am also planning to check out Game of Thrones soon after nearly everyone praised it as the best TV show out there.

I decided to join these forums after I saw that they cover a lot of the things I love and I thought it would be the perfect place to meet other people who share that love.

Just go easy on me

Hello, i am new here too.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎