Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEACON and MASQUERADE Official Re-Watch Thread, June 21, 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember saying "WHOA!" first time around.

Comment

• dun dun dun Ollie has the omega symbol!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
        I remember saying "WHOA!" first time around.
        Me, too! Although after the scene with Desaad, I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Comment

• See everyone next week for Fortune and Scion Too bad there was so much filler at the end of the final season!

Comment

• The Omega symbol, waaaaa!!!

Great rewatch!! Have a wonderful weekend and see you all next friday! (BTW! SV the comic had a great issue this friday...Bryan and his evil cliffhangers are gonna kill me one of this days, haha! )

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
              Well, IF all the people he worked with suddenly quit and new people only saw klutsy Clark that would totally work.
              Nope. Way too many people who knows him from the early years of the show, plus pretty much everyone who has seen his picture in the Planet. Even this ep makes it clear he has a great reputation with the Metropolis Police Department.

Comment

haha!

aren't we all "glass-wearers" PC's have a subtle way of killing ones vision.
                Ha; true! Although I was in glasses a year before I even touched a computer, so I can't blame it on my PC!

Comment

I want a job like Clark's...where i get paid great for absolutly no work whatsoever.
                  It gets boring after about a month, trust me (I now what I'm talking about).

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                  Nope. Way too many people who knows him from the early years of the show, plus pretty much everyone who has seen his picture in the Planet. Even this ep makes it clear he has a great reputation with the Metropolis Police Department.
                  That's true. I recently had an incident, where I ran into someone who I apparently went to school with. We didn't go in the same class or even socialize (and it wasn't exactly yesterday, that I went to secondary school). And yet, he was instantly able to identify me, just by looking at me. And I've changed a lot over the years. Long hair (that I've dyed), a few piercings and I was wearing sunglasses. And yet, he could tell it was me.

I didn't really recognize him, so one could argue it comes down to who you are and how well you remember faces. But, you'd still end up with several people in/from Smallville (and other places), who'd be able to identify Superman as Clark Kent.
                  Last edited by jon-el87; 06-22-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Lionel's white beard, what do you guys think?
                    Hate it with a passion. When my beard started turning white, I ditched it. I would have thought Lionel would just color his.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ankhara
                      I think Tom really felt the love from all those vids from the SV fans...his face says it all.
                      And yet, he still couldn't bring himself to wear the damn costume, proper, in the last ep. Nice Tom. Freaking nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
                        Whoosh I love Lois!
                        Funny! However, we've seen eps from the perspective of others, and there is no sound as far as they can tell. Also, Clark just vanishes, and doesn't have a 'warp speed' effect we're used to seeing.

Comment

Funny! However, we've seen eps from the perspective of others, and there is no sound as far as they can tell. Also, Clark just vanishes, and doesn't have a 'warp speed' effect we're used to seeing.
                          Just like with the heat vision (visible or not?*) it's a matter of interpretation. In Lazarus Lois became aware of Clark's arrival just by the "whoosh" before he opened the door to the DP's archive.

* We have seen people see the heat vision, e.g. Alia using it as punishment on the Human in Alt!Future. And we've seen people not see it, e.g. Alicia in Obsession or Lois in Devoted.

The same is true for the superspeed visual. In Jinx Clark disappeared from the football field without anyone noticing. In Promise they deliberately showed Clark just disappearing. But in Pariah Alicia shows Chloe Clark catching the car and then speeding away. And Chloe did not mistake it for some kind of teleporting because in Blank she told him "to run".

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                            Just like with the heat vision (visible or not?*) it's a matter of interpretation. In Lazarus Lois became aware of Clark's arrival just by the "whoosh" before he opened the door to the DP's archive.

* We have seen people see the heat vision, e.g. Alia using it as punishment on the Human in Alt!Future. And we've seen people not see it, e.g. Alicia in Obsession or Lois in Devoted.

The same is true for the superspeed visual. In Jinx Clark disappeared from the football field without anyone noticing. In Promise they deliberately showed Clark just disappearing. But in Pariah Alicia shows Chloe Clark catching the car and then speeding away. And Chloe did not mistake it for some kind of teleporting because in Blank she told him "to run".
                            Yep. Consistency would have been nice.

Comment

• Since I missed last week's rewatch, I'm catching up now. Woo hoo!

Beacon?
                              Love Lionel, he is deliciously bad; and when he's on screen I realize how much he added to this show. I missed him.
                              The white in his beard? Maybe that's how we're supposed to know he's AU Lionel?
                              Love when Tess gets that crafty look on her face while talking to... well... anyone.
                              You're right, Skully. Chlollie snuggling is awkward in this scene, and it bugs me because I LOVE THEM. And Chloe is a little naggy, which bugs me because I LOVE her.
                              I always felt Martha just assumed that Chloe was leaving to help Clark, and Chloe was too polite to correct her.
                              Love when Lionel sticks his chin out to Ollie and says, "Go ahead. Hit me." Such a fabulous jerk!
                              And I just laugh out loud every time when Martha threatens Lionel, and he just stops and stares and tells her how attracted he is to her.
                              What is with S10 destroying the Talon AND the Luthor mansion? Geez!
                              All the online support gives me the warm fuzzies. How much fun would it have been to make a vid for that? And then get it on air!
                              And, finally, I love when Martha tells Clark, "You are the light." Makes me verklempt.

Masquerade
                              Why is Lois playing paperdolls in the DP? The British accent is atrocious and embarrassing. It could have been Dick Van Dyke.
                              Oliver is devastatingly handsome, but he needs to lose that hat. But I love their little moments at the Ace of Clubs. *clink*
                              "I can't believe you just did this to my jacket." Whoosh!
                              Bert = Jimmy Olsen. The panic look on Clark's face....
                              Desaad is super creepy. Especially with that music.
                              The use the same skull x-ray throughout the entire episode, and I'm pretty positive it's the same skull x-ray they used in Splinter for Lana. Could they not have afforded some more?
                              The Chlollie trunk scene is one of the best, funniest scenes in the whole dang series. How she says,"No, No, No!"
                              And then Chloe kicks ass in heels with a soft-cover book. Suicide Squad training is the best.
                              Clark, "Well, it's my power. I can call it whatever I want."
                              Allison Mack is such a good actress. And so is everyone else in that seven deadly sins confrontation.
                              When Oliver beats the stuffing out of someone, he puts his whole body into it.
                              And the Chloe and Oliver heart to heart at the end is... perfect. Chloe is my homegirl, and when Ollie laid one on her it made my heart go pit-a-pat.

Whew! Made it! On to Fortune and Scion!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎