No announcement yet.

ISIS and HARVEST Official Re-Watch Thread, May 24, 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
    Well, I made it through Harvest again. Nowhere to go but up. See y'all next week!
    my thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
      well, is a PG show they can't show that much of anything.
      Just imagine Smallville to be an HBO show. The Doomsday rampage gore alone!

Comment

• And we're done.

Have a nice weekend all of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
          And we're done.

Have a nice weekend all of you!

have a great Saturday and thanks for the pics the sunrise looks beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
            Just imagine Smallville to be an HBO show. The Doomsday rampage gore alone!
            I think in some scenes the show would've benefited especially in the action scenes (more budget) but in the sex scenes it would've cheapen the whole thing, and SV is not about that. But one thing is certain, HBO would've forced TW to wear the suit at least for one or five or maybe fifteen episodes.

Comment

• Well, I missed it, but my son is safely off for his summer job in Michigan, so it was worth missing 2 not-so-great episodes.
              I never liked Isis, except for the scenes at the end, but on rewatch, there were a few more likable moments than I remembered.

Originally posted by skully
              Hehe, I love Lois practicing her "I know" speech.
              That was cute. I was so glad she decided to come clean about knowing the secret - 4 episodes of her trying to hide that fact were enough!

Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
              Yeah, come on, the necklace has been missing before it was even packed for shipment. And this is the first time they're noticing?
              Yes. Also a good time to point out that whoever cut the bit in Shield that showed the necklace falling into Lois's bag really messed up! At least it made the "previously on" segment, but I renmember thinking, "That wasn't ever previously on Smalville!"

[QUOTE=DJ Doena;7941713]Why is Ollie wondering about Clark's attire? He's wearing shirt and tie for two years now...[/QUOTE

That was a really odd line.

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              As much as as I love the Clois relationships this is the one thing I absolutely hate:
              Can't Clark take one step by himself without someone "holding his hand"?
              He only dared to ask her out because he had read her mind (Echo).
              He deepened the relationship after he saw Future!Sex in Pandora.
              And now he wants to tell her the full truth after he saw that everything is going to be OK.

Could the writers hand Clark a pair of balls, please?
              That has been an issue since at least Season 5, if not longer...

Originally posted by Ankhara
              "The sick to my stomach" Mr. Welling sounds so sexy when he says "Roof. Five" XP
              That whole scene was fun. Lois/Cat interacting is always interesting.

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
              In the Saturday morning "Isis" series from the 1970s, did Isis have a cat? Just wondering if her eyes looking like a cat's was supposed to be a homage to that show.
              I loved that show! I don't remember a cat, though.

Ya know...I'm really glad Tess gets to laugh well here. This show has not been kind to her. Never found love, never found respect, the folks she works with barely tolerated her existence and all she wants was some acceptance. Then she dies.
              Enjoy the laugh, Tess, you deserve it.
              That is one of my favorite Tess moments ever. Cassidy so rarely got to smile as Tess, much less laugh (much like Clark through much of the series), so it was especially nice.

I can't remember. I just remember pretending to put an amulet on my forehead and saying, "O mighty Isis!" And using a towel for a cape.
              Me, too!!

Nice team work between Ollie and Clark. I would've like to have seen a lot more post-Justice.
              Agreed. There was such potential wasted there.

I love Tess' genuine gratitude for the boys accepting her.
              A very nice scene.

"All children - except one - grow up." - ME!

I love this little Alexander.
              Touching moment between Tess and little Alexander. That is a really cute kid.

Hehehe, best Clois ending to an ep since Crossfire!!
              Very, very nice scene - beginning with the Cat/Lois fight. I'll admit to watching that scene too many times to count!

Comment

• On to Harvest:

I love the discussion about all the weird events.
                That was nice, although I would have liked to have seen a lot more of Lois's questions regarding the Blur. That scene actually left me feeling a little cheated!

The special effects during this car ride really bug me. It makes me miss the early seasons.
                Indeed. Darn budget cuts!

"That wasn't mine. It was my cousin's" I love how comfortable Clark feels while talking to Lois.
                I always thought it was odd that Clark didn't use Kara's name - almost as if Lois didn't know who Kara was.
                "Want me to change that tire for ya" I LOVE Clark's little chuckle, aww! Aaaand he's just showing off!
                And Lois's reaction is awesome. She likes it!

I want to see Mountains again, Gandalf! How far away from Metropolis, Kansas are they?
                They'd have to be well into Colorado before they would see mountains (Believe me, I've made that drive more times that I'd care to. Definitely no mountains visible from anywhere in Kansas, and you really don't see mountains until you're about half an hour from Denver!

We did see mountains in the distance "Kansas" in earlier seasons, as well, though.

I'm not getting Lois's attitude at all. Why is she annoyed with Clark? And why doesn't Clark just superspeed both of them to Wally's Garage?
                He kept her from a story she wanted to cover without consulting her and without acknowledging that she can protect herself - most of the time, at least.

This nail bar is not long enought to spike both tires...
                True, it isn't. Maybe there was a second one that they just didn't find

Where did these kids come from? Unless they are actual friends--and there's no reason to think they are--I would think Alexander would see this as pandering.
                Good point. There is no way they coud be actual friends; I seriously doubt Tess would have the rapidly aging Alexander in school, if for no other reason than that there would be far too much to explain, and it's not as if Tess has a bunch of friends with kids that age. Maybe they are children of LuthorCorp or DP employees.

I did think it was a nice contrast to the flashback in Memoria when no one came to Lex's birthday party, though, even if it didn't make much sense.

Connor Stanhope!! One of the best recurring guest stars.
                Agreed.

I wonder if this bit where the doctor confirms she wants to repent for her work with Lex is supposed to be a contrast with the Amish-type group who will soon demonstrate that Christians, like Republicans, are evildoers who should be destroyed (I just can't get a break with these people).
                I agree with you in general, and it is very annoying that the writers let their personal views (which I also disagree with almost 100% of the time) bleed through to such an extent, but I do think it was pretty clear that the people in this episode were not your average Amish or Christian community. It was clearly a cult, so I didn't really see it as a blatant slam against Christians in this case. I also thought it interesting to learn that Lois had grown up going to Sunday school and that she had learned things there that stuck with her. No big deal made of it (kind of like the reference to the Kents attending church in Lara), but it was nice to have that acknowledged as part of her background.

"He wants to kill me" Uh-oh...little Alexander is...starting to remember things?!
                Yikes! That can't be good!

Why is Lois arguing with her hosts? No matter what they say, she should just nod in agreement in hopes of getting on her way back to Metropolis. No, they aren't planning on letting her leave, but she doesn't know that yet.
                It would be very out of character for her to sit back quietly under those circumstances. Lois is not known for "getting" the social niceties.

"You did that?"
                I though it odd that Clark had never wondered who pulled the dagger out of his chest. Never asked any of the more obvious possibilities about it, at least not that we saw! It's pretty clear it wasn't Jor-El...

Not sure why Clark has to change clothes...he's dressed a lot like most of the others.
                Needs to look more homespun. Also an opportunity for a nice Lois line, "Why are we never some place romantic when he takes off his shirt?"

What I hated about this scene was that it was Lois to the rescue once again. I hate when they make Clark this helpless - not ust the loss of his powers, but also the loss of brainpower, as well, it seems.

Lois can understand 'Krypton for Dummies'?
                Apparently! Maybe Clark has trranslated it? Or maybe Swann did?

I think I liked Thirst better than this one.
                Thirst had it's moments. Neither ep was very good. I did like the end fo this one, with Clois and then with Alexander turning into Lex.

Thanks for coming folks. A harmless couple of fillers with a bit of Lex clone development.

See you all next week for Ambush and Abandoned.
                Looking forward to these, especially Ambush - love Michael Ironside's Sam Lane.
                Last edited by MrsK; 05-25-2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Shame you couldn't make it, MrsK, but as we all agree, family comes first.

Thanks for the ep thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎