No announcement yet.

Finale Nitpicks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finale Nitpicks

Just watched for a second time, and had a few questions that maybe can be explained?

1. Didn't Oliver tell Laurel to stay AWAY from the Glades? So why did she show up for CNRI?

2. What was Joanna doing back in town? Maybe she was back in town in a deleted scene, which is why Laurel was back at work?

3. The Merlyn building looks taller than everything else in its general area. So why is the roof surrounded by other tall buildings? Or was that a terrace roof or something?

4. We saw that roof before, by the way... I only would notice because the clock tower where Smallville's Oliver Queen lived is in the background.

With these things said, though... I loved the finale. But can anyone explain those things?

Laurel works at CNRI....I don't think she would've listened to him about staying away from the place she works. Or, she could've tried to get everyone to leave as well.

Comment

Also, what the heck did she take so damn long in leaving the building!? Did she want to make sure everybody safely leave first or was she more concerned with finding her legal papers when her life was hanging in the balance with the building shaking? She had lots of warning from Olie, Moira, her dad and people leaving already! Man, she's a fool and in a way it's her fault that Tommy died. Poor Tommy, one of the best actor in the season.

Comment

That scene annoyed me as well, but I think the blame should be placed on the writers and not on the fictional characters....I mean, the characters are only doing what they're supposed to do according to the script. I felt like Berlanti and company must have mislaid their brains somewhere when they wrote that part. I mean, if they had half a brain left, they should have written the folks at C.N.R.I. as trying to help people getting out of the Glades rather than running around trying to save their files. That was poor writing and it took something away from Tommy's sacrifice. The only reason that Laurel was at the office in the Glades was so that Tommy could save her and die in the process.

I have another nitpick. If we're supposed to sympathize with the people of the Glades, how come they are portrayed as a herd of sheep running around in a total panic, and even looting? And what's the idea behind the signs they were carrying? Sorry to sound so cranky, but I found the whole Glades evacuation part really messy and confusing...you got the impression that poor people are not able to evacuate in a somewhat orderly manner. I'm sure this wasn't the writers' intention, and I know the danger was imminent, but it still bothered me a bit. In general I find their portrayal of the Glades (which is supposed to symbolize the slums that you can find in any large American city, I presume) pretty stereotypical-but it's a comic book universe, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
        Last edited by evaba; 05-17-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

The only nit pick that I have is that Oliver stabbed himself with the arrow to get to Malcolm, so why did Malcolm get hurt more than Oliver?
          That makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThatAsianBoy
            The only nit pick that I have is that Oliver stabbed himself with the arrow to get to Malcolm, so why did Malcolm get hurt more than Oliver?
            That makes no sense.
            Ollie could of stabbed himself in a place where he knew it wouldn't be fatal but with Malcolm it was in a place that was fatal; Or with Ollie the arrow went clean through but it only partially went through Malcolm.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎