No announcement yet.

I just can't understand the Charmings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't understand the Charmings

I mean how can they save someone like Regina? She's just so pure evil. She can't be saved. She has always been evil. Killing Neal's father proves it.

You mean Gregs father right? Anyway its like how Clark would team up with Lex to fight agianst like Darksied or something. The enemy of my enemy. Plus the Charmings are the good guys so they would help anyone and im sure it was more to help Henry then to help Regina.

Comment

That awkward moment when you see that the person asking "why save the bad guy?" has a Superman based avatar.

Comment

I also think they saved Regina because Snow is trying to atone for her blackened heart.

Comment

2 wrongs don't make a right.......but 3 do......no wait.....uhhh....

The same reason Snow stopped Regina's execution in FTL...everyone deserves a second chance........and third, fourth, fifth....

Plus what ForeverNate said!

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
            That awkward moment when you see that the person asking "why save the bad guy?" has a Superman based avatar.
            They are the good guys. They are expected to do the right thing, even if the right thing seems hard. Besides, Snow experienced already what it does to make the wrong choice. She doesn't want to be evil. It made her miserable.

Originally posted by ForeverNate85
            I also think they saved Regina because Snow is trying to atone for her blackened heart.
            That too. In a way, one could say there was some selfishness involved on her choice.

Originally posted by super_j_man
            2 wrongs don't make a right.......but 3 do......no wait.....uhhh....

The same reason Snow stopped Regina's execution in FTL...everyone deserves a second chance........and third, fourth, fifth....

Plus what ForeverNate said!
            Lol. Seriously, look what happened when Snow made the wrong choice for what seemed to be the right reasons. She never want to repeat her mistake again. Once was more than enough for her.

Comment

It's always been a little inconsistent with Snow/Mary Margret. When she was Snow, she was a bandit and happily fought and I assume killed the Queen's guards. Then she and Charming put this army together and waged a war against the Queen, eventually gaining the kingdom. Somehow all that fighting and killing was A-okay. But now, because she killed Cora (it was in a kind of underhanded way, granted) she has a black heart?

In contrast we have Regina who has slaughtered hundreds of people - whole towns of people - not to mention personally ripping the hearts out of a whole walls worth of people, yet, she is working on redemption. Well, if Regina's heart can be redeemed after all that, I think that Snow has a little ways to go down the dark path before she has to start worrying about the state of her heart.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
                It's always been a little inconsistent with Snow/Mary Margret. When she was Snow, she was a bandit and happily fought and I assume killed the Queen's guards. Then she and Charming put this army together and waged a war against the Queen, eventually gaining the kingdom. Somehow all that fighting and killing was A-okay. But now, because she killed Cora (it was in a kind of underhanded way, granted) she has a black heart?

In contrast we have Regina who has slaughtered hundreds of people - whole towns of people - not to mention personally ripping the hearts out of a whole walls worth of people, yet, she is working on redemption. Well, if Regina's heart can be redeemed after all that, I think that Snow has a little ways to go down the dark path before she has to start worrying about the state of her heart.
                I think Snow's blackened heart had more to do with how she killed Cora versus killing her. If she had stayed behind and fought Cora and killed her in battle, I don't think it would have blackened her heart. It was doing something she considered morally wrong that did it.

The last two episodes have been a good reminder how evil Regina can be. Whether she is redeemed or not, she must pay for the horrible things she has done.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana

I think, in their minds, as warriors, there is a difference between killing someone in the battle, where the person have a chance to defend themselves, as opposed to go behind their back and orchestrade their murder for revenge, which was the primary motivation of Snow. She wasn't really trying to save her family, or even really trying to save Rumple. Those were her excuses for doing it. She hated Cora for killing her mother, and she wanted good old fashioned revenge. She was so full of hatred she used Regina's love for her mother, to have Regina killing her. In other words, she made Regina's love her weapon.

As Mary Margareth pointed out to Rumple, she could have taken Cora's heart, and simply control her long enough for Rumple to die, and the power of the Dark One would be lost forever, Cora would have been stopped, and no one would have died. She could even hid it, so that would have stopped Cora forever of doing any harm to any of them. But the temptation of getting revenge on her was too strong. So, under the guise of "protecting her family" and "saving Henry's grandfather", she tricked Regina into killing her own mother, using Regina's need for love to accomplish her revenge.

It was despicable, low, and beyond cruel. In fact, if she had crushed Cora's heart in her hand for revenge, it would have been way more compassionate than what she did, because she wouldn't have made Regina partially responsible for it. The use of Dark Magic, in this show, has a price, and the price is the heart getting darker, but this goes beyond simply using magic, IMO. The action in itself was extremely evil and very different from killing someone in a fair battle.
                  Last edited by liana; 05-07-2013, 06:38 AM.

Comment

One big reason to save Regina..............They thought she had the magic beans to send them home.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎