The Oliver/Felicity (Olicity) Relationship Thread #1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oliver/Felicity (Olicity) Relationship Thread #1

Who's feeling the Olicity?

Talk about one of Arrow's biggest surprises here!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ARR122b_0067b.jpg-981e219d-t3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	6628701

I love and worship them!!!

Comment

Olicity has a very strong chemistry. Even though they don't have have romantic relationship in the last episode I still ship them :P

Comment

I am also an Oliciter, but I'll try not to get my hopes up like I did for ships of similar nature in the past. For now, I just hope their friendship will continue to blossom and will be as tension free as possible.
        Last edited by costas22; 04-28-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Great relationship, also including Diggle they make such a great team, shame about the end of the last ep, hope it isn't permanent.

Comment

I had no intention of getting on board another 'ship'. I'm a married professional woman and believed myself too old for this kind of thing. But Olicity caught me off guard and now I'm obsessed! Every scene with the two of them together is class!

Comment

God, they are so awesome together. I love how Oliver is around Felicity. OLICITY FTW!!

Comment

Talk about one of Arrow's biggest surprises here.
                I'm not sure how this has been such a big surprise! After ten years of watching SV's Chloe and several years of Chlollie, this kind of fan reaction should have been expected.

A simple description for both girls: 5'5" awkward, but fiesty and nerdy blonde super-hacker IT girls who have been let into Ollie's inner world, keeping and protecting his secrets while helping both the myth and the man.

Though they share plenty of qualities, they both have things that are all their own. One advantage Fe has that Chloe has never had, the freedom to write her and her relationship with Ollie with little to no restrictions. This means her/their fans will get to see things Chloe/Chlollie fans could only dream of and thought would be in SVS11.
                Last edited by AChloeChick; 04-29-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AChloeChick
                  I'm not sure how this has been such a big surprise! After ten years of watching SV's Chloe and several years of Chlollie, this kind of fan reaction should have been expected.

A simple description for both girls: 5'5" awkward, but fiesty and nerdy blonde super-hacker IT girls who have been let into Ollie's inner world, keeping and protecting his secrets while helping both the hero and the man.
                  I was thinking the same thing...Felicity is the Chloe of "Arrow", only hotter (at least judging by some comments I've read!). Actually, the quirky but cute computer girl/genius who is carrying a secret torch for the handsome leading man (who in this show happens to be a comic book hero with a mission!) is a pretty common trope. The only difference is that this superhero is also a serial killer-I think that Quentin stated that Oliver's body count was up to 26 in the last episode... To her credit, Felicity was quite bothered by Oliver's lethal tendencies during her first weeks in the Arrowcave, but I guess that his sheer awesomeness has made her somewhat overlook this aspect of his character lately. You can't blame her-so have most of Arrow's female viewers, including myself! And since he is supposed to become more of a Real Hero than a Anti-Hero in the following seasons I guess it's easier to forget that Oliver a few months ago had no qualms about breaking a guy's neck if he had to.

I also think that there is a "Mary Sue" aspect to her character as well-you know, the young, inexperienced and somewhat insecure woman who gets to interact with the Hero. I imagine that this aspect of her character makes her a pretty good identification object for many female viewers.

As for the romance part-I have a feeling that it's primarely going to be about a developing friendship with a bit of suggestion of romance thrown in for the sake of the shippers. It seems to me that the only women that Oliver is allowed to have any intimate relationships with are the ones who are eventually going to be "put on a bus" to Coast City (McKenna) or on a plane to Rome (Helena, if she ever went there, I really don't know). With regards to the two main women in his life (Felicity/Laurel) he is probably going to stay chaste for quite a while at least.

Just my two cents, I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

I hope this didn't violate any "no profanity" rules-if so, please delete!
                  Last edited by evaba; 04-29-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Ita cool post evaba. Just dont call Feli the M.S word. cheers.

of course its really not a surprising that felicity is popular, nerd or tech girls are popular across every genre whether in tv, movie, comics etc. Partly they are well liked coz they are the everyman, relatable, funny, smart. actually not after 10 years of watching smallville but decades of watching stuff, it doesnt come as a surprise. Agree the nerd/girl and nerd/hero trope is a popular and well liked in fandom. Felicity is cool and it helps emily is cool and likable too.

i agree with evaba, olicity to me is more of a friendship, and i love it. There is really no love chemistry, roma chemistry between them the way Ollie does with all his other love interest, with felicity its different, its a really sweet platonic relationship and its even quite sibling like, like a little sister to him. The sexual enuendos the show is doing with the two just feels weird and wth imo, quite understandable though since felicity is usually unintentionally "inappropriate" with everyone lol. Felicity/Oliver the equivalent of SV clark/chloe and parallels that more than it does oliver/chloe. Laurel and oliver are like the clark and lois of this show, the main romance arc among other similarities, even thought they arent no clark/lois, noone is except clark/lois.

Making felicity/oliver in clark/chloe position, the unrequisited crush, knowing the secret early, blonde tech sidekick to the main character and hero etc, comic love interest series regular and leading lady, doesnt the oliver/felicity/diggle trio remind anyone of clark/chloe/pete lol.
                    Last edited by Arrow12; 01-10-2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I am all for "Olicity"!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow12
                        Ita cool post evaba. Just dont call Feli the M.S word. cheers.
                        I certainly didn't mean to use the term in a derogatory sense.... It's just that I have the feeling that this is the kind of character Felicity is intended to portray-she's supposed to be the everyday girl who gets to help and interact with the hunky Hero....providing some comic relief in the process! With everything being so dark and angsty lately, the viewers probably need that-and it's no drawback that she "cleans up nice" (or "scrubs up well" as the Britons would say!).
                        Last edited by evaba; 05-05-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I know u dont, just that the MS word i think is against rules, so you might wanna remove it

dont worry its all good

Comment

I've been fascinated to watch Olicity and Felicity's relationship evolve this season. And I love who Oliver becomes when he's around her. He smiles more and seems more...himself. Or the new him..however you want to think about it. There's no need for him to have any pretense with her. They're great to watch.

Comment

I love olicity! Honestly i'm not sure i ship them romantically. At this point I just really like their chemistry. I mean I love Felicity by herself too, she brings some great lines to her scenes. I don't think her inappropriate comments are inappropriate because thats just who she is. Besides she doesn't only have them with Oliver. I also don't think she "like" likes him at this point. She's not blind, she can see he is very attractive, the comments she makes are the ones everybody else is thinking, (but wouldn't say because of awkward level). Except she doesn't have a filter and does make it awkward, but I think Oliver & Diggle, because he's usually around, are getting used to her (awkwardness).

I also love what Felicity is bringing to Arrow team. She's brings a different perspective and forcing Oliver to see he's sometimes too aggressive or such... & she is not afraid of him, or rather not enough to not stand up to him, & that great.

I watched Smallville and I don't think Olicity fits into the same mold of Chlollie. Chlollie happened when Chloe was no longer considered sidekick status, yes she wasn't in the field but she sometimes called the shots. And since I'm on that topic, I don't think Oliver/Laurel are like Clark/Lois. At this point I feel they're more like Clark/Lana, everybody knows they want to be together but they're not. But so early in the series Laurel is the only real love interest they are going to give Oliver, not including the occasional love interest that's gonna leave as fast as she comes in.

If Olicity were to ever happen romantically, as many people want, then it will have to be really well done. They will probably built their friendship and it will happen a long ways down the road. Like season 5. But they are on the right track because Felicity is one of the few who sees the real Oliver. And that's a major honor even if its just through friendship.

I wonder how often Felicity will be going undercover.

Well that's what I think about Olicity. Sorry if it's all over the place, I just wrote it as I thought it.

On a side note... did anyone notice when Felicity said she dyes her hair & to keep her secret Oliver checks her hair? I remembered that because the person before me wrote that he smiles more often around her and I know he definitely smiled when she said that.
                              Last edited by C.K.<3L.L.; 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎