Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think about Remember the Titans?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think about Remember the Titans?

I thought this episode was better than last week's but not as good as some recent episodes have been.

So who drinks beer to stay awake while driving? Not cool! And the bird eating the entrails thing was gross! But it was a nice callback to the Prometheus legend and a big clue (I like to think if I hadn't read the spoilers I would have figured it out from that--I am a huge fan of Greek Mythology!).

Sam spitting up blood. Gross again and covering in front of Dean (still wearing 'dead guy's robe'?). And tempting him with zombies?

Loved the trooper believing the zombie thing and being so gung ho. That was pretty cute.

Artemis kicking ass and then poofing out (that was one of the best fight scenes we've seen in a while, even if Dean did get conked out pretty early). Then 'Shane' has a heart attack?

This bit here made me crack up:
    Sam: "Jason Bourne fighting skills, dies a lot and history of violent women."
    Dean: "I don't know. You?"

And there's a kid, who happens to share his curse. The boys figuring out he was Prometheus (nice "Xena" shoutout) and then they take them to the Batcave? Is that such a great idea? Dean being so proud of being a legacy and no one else seemingly caring was cute.

Zeus (who was played well by the actor--he really came off as a jerk!) had a great entrance. I loved how nonchalant the guys seemed to be about killing a God. "Been there, done that" (I've lost track of how many Gods they've killed.)

That girl, the mom, was she stupid or what? I get she was trying to save her son but first, even though she has a kid who dies and comes back to life every day, she thinks what the boys are telling her is crazy? Then she frees Zeus (okay, I can almost buy that, she thinks he'll heal her son)?

Dean saying "balls". Ah, Bobby phrase always makes me smile.

Sam being an uber-geek, talking smack to Artemis about being the Goddess of Hunters (though her being in love with Prometheus was fairly obvious from the start--when she was with him on the bed? And doesn't fit the myth of Artemis, who was referred to as the 'chaste huntress' or 'virgin huntress'. But ah well, made for a good story.) and all the Greek references. As someone else said on another site "Sam was flying he geek flag with pride this episode!" I love that. And how impressed Dean looked was nice to see as well.

Artemis turning against her father (I was half waiting for her twin, Apollo to put in an appearance) and shooting them both. But poor Prometheus (though it was clever of him to push it back to kill Zeus).

The kid and Sam bonding moment. I kind of giggled that poor Jared had to duck under the minivan hatch to sit down. And the kid speaks at last. At least he's out from under the curse.

The conversation in the car. "Stop the sullen emo crap". And then talking about Sam dying from normal things. "Like a heart attack?" "Exactly. Now eat your burger." That made me smile.

The prayer scene. A bit weirdly shot but still very nice. Dean's despair and plea for Sam "this is about Sam so I need you to hear me" was wrenching. And Dean admitting he knows something's up with Sam was nice to see. Jensen did a great job with those final moments.

So a somewhat interesting case (did anyone notice that Prometheus, for a while there, was wearing Sam's clothes and looked a lot like earlySeason!Sam? The jacket, the bangs, etc.? When they are about to summon Zeus, they panned back or something and they were both in the shot and I was startled by how much they looked alike!) and the furthering of Sam's problem was good.

I'm not sure how it was to take a break on this episode (not a big cliffhanger) but we've only got 2 weeks without show until it's back so...
    10--Terrific!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--Terrible!
    0%

The poll is expired.

Did anyone else hate the parallel to John's hunter burial? I didn't care for Prometheus or the chick, so I felt like the parallel was an insult to the fans rather than a nice hit of nostalgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
      Did anyone else hate the parallel to John's hunter burial? I didn't care for Prometheus or the chick, so I felt like the parallel was an insult to the fans rather than a nice hit of nostalgia.
      nah, didn't matter that much. That was pretty much a "hunters" burial. They've done it that way for bobby, their dad, and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
        I think it was less an homage to a hunter's burial than just burning the body as they do with all monsters that don't go poof. I mean, they salt and burn for ghosts, etc. but for a 'monster' like Prometheus they have to burn him to get rid of the body. I also thought it was somewhat appropriate considering his tie with fire. I did, however, have Vader flashbacks! I mean, the way they had that pyre stacked and all? Half expected to hear Ewoks in the background!

Comment

I liked this episode more than the last few I can say that. All the points have been hit on already, so not much else to say.

Comment

It felt like a very slow paced episode, but it wasn't by all means terrible at all. It could've used just a bit more action to speed the episode up.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              I think it was less an homage to a hunter's burial than just burning the body as they do with all monsters that don't go poof. I mean, they salt and burn for ghosts, etc. but for a 'monster' like Prometheus they have to burn him to get rid of the body. I also thought it was somewhat appropriate considering his tie with fire. I did, however, have Vader flashbacks! I mean, the way they had that pyre stacked and all? Half expected to hear Ewoks in the background!
              Oh, okay. I just assumed that it was a parallel because the scene was shot in a very similar way to John's hunter burial.

Comment

I get why you thought that, Dexter, it did have a bit of similar feel with the body being wrapped and the pyre and all. I just get the feeling that that's how the boys burn all those they respect (too bad we never got to see Bobby's pyre?). And with the way the wood was stacked I just had more of a Star Wars vibe to it. But I can see how someone might be reminded of John's too.

Comment

Too bad about Zeus. Lots of gods got the axe from Lucifer recently, and heaven and hell are still limping from all the shakeups they've gone through. This could have been Zeus' time to shine. If he made a run at reclaiming the Earth right now, not that many Powers would be in a position to stop him. This could have been "The Summer of George!" for Zeus. Alas.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎