Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Outsider?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Outsider?

What did you think?
    10 - Like Belle, this episode was kick ass!!!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I want to cross the town line and forget this episode.
    0%

9 out of 10 just cause Hook screwed everything up with Belle at the end.

Comment

a 10 just for belles lovely cleavage so now we have to residents with no memory of who they are speaking of when are we gonna see some resolution to the poor dwarf

Comment

Loved the twist with Phillip. Yay for free Jiminy. As for the amnesia story line, I hope it doesn't drag the way amnesia story lines tend to.

Comment

I gave it a 9 because the episode title is misleading.

I was expecting the visitor to appear far earlier in the episode and have things a bit centered around that. But they waited until literally the last few seconds to introduce them. They should have just called the episode "Belle's Courage, Rumple's Despair, and Hook's close encounter at the end with some guy in a car." Instead of calling it "The Outsider."

Other than that gripe, I thought the episode was well executed...mostly. However, my only thought for the entire time was...Where's Cora? Why would she let Archie get away so easily and let that part of her plan slip up that quickly? Unless she was already with Regina working her charm, it just seemed very un-Cora like for her to expect Hook to keep Archie locked up by himself. I was at least expecting that Belle was going to get caught by Hook, and then find out that Cora captured Archie right before he could escape.

But only one episode in after they decided to be secretive, and now everyone is going to know that Cora and Hook are in Storybrooke. Whatever happened to her plan of the element of surprise being on their side?

I did like that this was a Belle-centric episode centered around making her into a stronger character. I especially loved the twist as well that Phillip was the beast. I was wondering how Mulan and Phillip got together, and now I know. I was also glad to see that my theory was right, and she WAS captured at this point! Hooray for closure on that question!

We all know that Rumple is going to find a way to bring Belle's memory of her real self back. If he doesn't, then it'll be Emma or Henry. Belle has become too crucial of a character to have her suffer amnesia for very long. The question isn't "is she going to get her memories back?" The question is WHEN?
          Last edited by Leonatus; 01-14-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I enjoyed the ep. Is it too much to hope that Hook was killed by the car? (the theory in my family that it was a grown-up peter pan driving the car and if he killed hook...well it would fit!) Rumple will find a way to restore Belle's memory- HE WILL! I loved Belle's rescue of Phillip- our princesses aren't wimps!
            I gave it a seven because I thought Archie's return was too fast- they dragged out the storyline with Katerine being dead for ages. And heck where are Katherine & Frederick? , Cindy and her guy (and baby) (yes I know jessy schram had another job) and dreamy's fairy, Nova? WHERE IS PINOCCHIO??? they need to stop dropping the storylines. what about Hansel and gretal & their dad? and jefferson and his daughter? too many dropped storylines!
            Last edited by Rac80; 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I liked seeing Belle's backstory. And I did not see that ending coming (the gunshot or the car driving into Storybrooke).

Comment

I loved the episode! The Outsider could also apply to Belle, since in FTL she was sitting all by herself, until 'Dreamy' came along. She went after the beast by herself, because the stupid men didn't want her. Now, she will be an outsider again, in Storybrooke, since she has no memory of who she was.

Comment

Belle's memory loss could be something to drag out and finding it's another curse which Rumple will break while giving up his powers after finding his son, if his son doesn't find him first.....

Okay it's way too early in this series for that to happen.

Comment

Wasn't wild about this episode. I can't put my finger on why it didn't work for me...maybe it's the constant push and pull centering on Gold's redemption and Belle constantly yammering encouragement. I thought the heroes (Snow, Charming, Emma, Ruby) didn't exactly knock themselves out looking for Regina. And I saw Belle losing her memory a mile off. Dragging that situation out will be a downer.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎