Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Universe a.k.a. Justice League Dark movie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO! First Konami cancelled del Toro's Silent Hills (including Hideo Kojima & Norman Reedus) and now WB forced him to choose between the two!

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
      Guillermo Del Toro revealed why he left the project.
      I didn't even know he had left the project. Hmmm, wonder who will take over the film now?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
        I didn't even know he had left the project. Hmmm, wonder who will take over the film now?
        He left when they announced that Sandman and other Vertigo films will move to New Line Cinema.

Dark Universe is still at WB.

Comment

Yeah, I'd heard about the split of the films to the different movie studios. But I hadn't read anything about the director leaving.

New Line Cinema always makes me think of Lord of the Rings. But with JLDark still at WB, that likely means no Peter Jackson stepping in as director (turn about would be fair play--after all, Guillermo was supposed to do "The Hobbit" until he backed out and Peter had to step in to direct).

Comment

WB is still pushing forward with Justice League Dark film though it isn't a priority but they want to start production next year. Guillermo del Toro is still going to be a producer on the film.

Comment

http://www.newsarama.com/26235-repor...-on-track.html
              I found Newsarama's title interesting for their article. "JLDark back on track"?

Sounds like they are looking for a director now. And a possible release date of late 2016 or 2017? If they do go the 2016 route it will be interesting to see it go toe to toe with Marvel's Dr. Strange (which is supposed to be out November of 2016, I believe?). 2 magic/sorcery movies against one another? Could be cool or could be overkill.

Comment

While all the focus over at Warner Bros. in their superhero department is on publicly assembling their DC Cinematic Universe,...

Rumor this is the list of actors that WB is looking at for Dark Universe.

Comment

Quick Update: Getting clarification that the title of the film is currently set at DARK UNIVERSE, not JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK...

Joblo is reporting the frontrunners to direct Justice League Dark.

Big Bad Wolves directing duo Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado, as well as Evil Dead remake director Fede Alvarez are the top contenders to take the gig right now.
                  Last edited by Halberdier17; 11-19-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Justice League Dark might be the next animated movie from DC and WB.

Comment

I read that news the other day myself and wondered if that means the live action version is still going ahead or if they are just giving it to DCAnimated?

I do think it might work better as an animated film in that you don't have to worry about special effects (either being terrible or too splashy or looking cheesy or whatnot).

Comment

Warner Bros. is moving forward with an adaptation of “Dark Universe” — a.k.a., Justice League Dark, Variety reports. Doug Liman has signed on to direct the project. Liman was previously attached to…

Apparently it is still going to be a live action movie.

Doug Liman is the new director.

Comment

Yup, making it another director who's jumped the Gambit-movie-ship; it's more likely now than ever that it won't see the light of day; sorry Gambit fans.

How dark (or darker) can they make this movie in the DCCU as it is now?

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            Yup, making it another director who's jumped the Gambit-movie-ship; it's more likely now than ever that it won't see the light of day; sorry Gambit fans.

How dark (or darker) can they make this movie in the DCCU as it is now?
                            When they say Dark it is mainly they mean the type of threats the team is facing.

Suicide Squad actually took the starter villain of Justice League Dark from the comics.

They handle threats that are supernatural in nature. The Justice League isn't really equipped to handle supernatural threats.

It is dark because they fight monsters and ghosts and other threats that the world doesn't know exists.
                            Last edited by Halberdier17; 08-24-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I read about the director change a few days ago and kind of went 'wait, that's still happening?'. I keep forgetting about this movie until it gets confirmed that yes, it is still a go. Then I get excited again (JLDark was one of the few Nu52 books I actually read), then it drops off the radar again.

Don't know this new guy's work so can't really judge how he'll do as director.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                                I read about the director change a few days ago and kind of went 'wait, that's still happening?'. I keep forgetting about this movie until it gets confirmed that yes, it is still a go. Then I get excited again (JLDark was one of the few Nu52 books I actually read), then it drops off the radar again.

Don't know this new guy's work so can't really judge how he'll do as director.
                                He directed Swingers, The Borne Identity, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Jumper, Fair Game, and Edge of Tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎