Dark Universe a.k.a. Justice League Dark movie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Universe a.k.a. Justice League Dark movie

http://www.newsarama.com/film/del-to...velopment.html
    So there's a JLDark movie in development with Del Toro to direct (and this 'perfect' writer to write it, apparently. Speculation already has Neil Gaiman as the front runner as the writer.).

Constantine, Zatanna, Spectre, etc. all to make appearances. Sounds pretty cool, actually.

Sounds pretty cool indeed.

Seeing these lesser known DC characters should be a treat if handled correctly. I could see possible connections with this movie and a Justice League flick too. DCU world building, if nothing else.

Comment

Sounds really interesting. I definitely look forward to it.

Is it actually confirmed anywhere that this film will be live action? I know it’s most likely (to be live action).. But I also know that Del Toro just finished directing a new animated version of Pinocchio, so I’d just like to make sure this one is not animated too.

Either way, I look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
        DCU world building, if nothing else.
        This. If there's something that has been lacking in the DC films it's been the world building. It's part of what made the Marvel films so great, that they all seemed interconnected. It will be nice if DC can do the same.

Originally posted by ForzaItalia
        Is it actually confirmed anywhere that this film will be live action?
        I went back and re-read the Newsarama story. Nowhere does it say live action or animated but based on Del Toro comparing it to Man of Steel I inferred it will be live action. It doesn't specifically say, however.

Comment

I'm interested in this movie; I do like a lot of the characters that are set to appear. I don't know much about the comics but I did like what I read of Justice League Dark.

Comment

It's live action and Del Toro say's he's open to the Justice League Dark/Dark Universe being in the same universe as the Man of Steel thus creating a DCCU.

They barely have a script for this so I don't know when they plan on filming it and releasing the thing.

Comment

I'd like to see a movie involving parallel universes,

just to cast Dean Cain, Tom Welling, Brandon Routh, Michael Keaton, Adam West, Val Kilmer, etc.

Comment

I still don't believe this movie will ever happen, but I would very much like it to.

Comment

I would very much like to see it happen as well. The magical characters of the DCU (nu or otherwise) tend to get, well, left in the dust a bit when it comes to media representation (outside the comics, I mean). We get snippets but seems that's about all. A movie based around them could be very cool (and lucrative!).

But mostly I'm just hoping for Zatanna!

Comment

Guillermo del Toro on the latest development's of JLD/Dark horizons.

Justice League Dark is very active. I’m doing one more revision while we wait for the writer. It’s somebody big, [and] we’re patiently waiting for that writer. I think it’s worth it, I think it’s a guy we all admire. I’m doing my revisions on my sort of Bible, on my story for the film. I can tell you it’s the writing project I’ve enjoyed the most in English. Devil’s Backbone and Pan’s Labyrinth are in Spanish, but of all my writing and screenplays, this was so much fun because it was character. It was a pretty easy plot, but the character interaction, Swamp Thing with Deadman and Demon, it’s so joyful for me to write that. Constantine is such a great character, so dry. I think it could be a great movie. I don’t want to do many changes until the proper writer comes onboard.

Guillermo del Toro gives updates on Justice League Dark and The Haunted Mansion. He confirms that he will only be producing Disney's Haunted Mansion.

Comment

I'm happy that it is very active; I didn't see any of his other movies but I do like the characters in Justice League Dark.

Comment

Ah, nice to hear that this is still in play. Sounds like we might be getting a big name writer then? A guy we all admire? Hmmm.

Comment

Del Toro says they're is no problem with the planned Constantine show and his Dark Horizons aka the JLD movie. That they can co exist. As the JLD will also have John Constantine in it.

"We talked about it at DC and Warners, and I feel confident that the two properties can exist at the same time,” he said. “I think that DC is trying to create a great universe of characters, and expand it and make it clear to the audience that it’s a landscape of characters, and not just one that’s dependent on one or two characters."

The filmmaker assured that they're still writing the film but there is not a full script yet. "But it’s still active," he also stated.

Comment

Good to know this is still in the works. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Another status update, of sorts, this time from Newsarama:
                              http://www.newsarama.com/21453-so-wh...ark-movie.html
                              Hmm, and now it's not sounded so sure that this film will be made. I had wondered, with the Constantine TV show, what was going to happen with this film.

*sighs* Having finally read the JLDark GN's (well, the first 2) I was really looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎