No announcement yet.

The Lack of Flashbacks in this Episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lack of Flashbacks in this Episode

So, this was one of the only episodes I can remember that had absolutely no flashbacks and focused on the present for both worlds. Personally, I enjoyed this a bit, but was also sad that there were no large reveals or anything of the like for any of the characters.

I was hoping they'd reveal at one point Aurora's heart being stolen long before her being woken up by Phillip, and Hook recovering it at some point and giving it to Cora. At the same time though, I liked how they left it up to us to suspect that he'd stolen it right before he woke her up in her prison to let her out.

What would you wanted to have seen if they did have flashbacks in this episode, and were you relieved or upset that there weren't any?

Her thrill at seeing Phillip says to me that Aurora still had her heart then. Unlike Graham she still could feel something.

Comment

flashbacks are always good but they were replaced in this episode by using a sideways. plus its a set up for next weeks episode so i think its fine. Like they did with lost sometimes we get flashbacks, sideways, flashforwards(not sure if this show will do any flashforwards), and on occasion it will all take place in one setting in one reality. Plus if they always do flashbacks eventually they will run out of backstory and they will have to try to think of more stories to tell in future seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        Like they did with lost sometimes we get flashbacks, sideways, flashforwards(not sure if this show will do any flashforwards), and on occasion it will all take place in one setting in one reality.
        I would agree that in a lot of ways, they follow the LOST formula and I'm okay with that because I loved (and still do!) me some LOST.

I think for this episode, it acts more like a penultimate episode in that as mentioned, is a set up for the "Winter Finale" as they are calling it nowadays. I expect to see flashbacks in future episodes, but this worked without it because it set up all the conflict in getting everyone home and the danger that is potentially coming to Storybrooke. In this case, flashbacks weren't necessary and wouldn't have fit in context.

Ever since they dropped the bits about Aurora's past in "Broken", I've been hoping we'll see how Aurora got put in the Sleeping Curse and maybe bring Maleficent back so maybe that's coming eventually?

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎