Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tomorrow People (CW 2013) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

These shows turn terrible quickly most of the time, the only one I would say that I liked was/is "Misfits". Maybe it is because the seasons are so much shorter, but everything else seems to go to hell after the first season.

Comment

What will be their version of this?

The original as far as I can recall dealt with them having found a spaceship to be based from and seemed to work to allow for former stars to move on with their characters heading out into space but I never watched the 90's remake so I can only wonder how they will deal with this.

I'd like to see it reworked to show there have been previous generations of the next stage of humanity stretching back to ancient times and link it to such things as the Greek Gods revealing that far too many times the ones that went insane had to be taken down and since then there have been several agencies working either to do that or manipulate the next generation of the tomorrow people for their own benefit.

Would make an interesting season if they realise they're being hunted bu whilst one side actually wants to kill them another wants to dissect them to figure out whats different about them and another just wants to use them the only group they can actually trust turns out to be hunting down those they consider a threat to everybody and have as a climax for a season, where you discover this group which only has maybe two or so members are actually descendants of a previous generation of tomorrow people who stayed behind to prtect humanity and the next generation rather than leave the earth behind like many of their fellow surviving generations...

Could even reveal they have similar problems up there since they're still human regardless of the "Tomorrow People" title.

But are they capable of reimagining this series to avoid following the path of other similar series?

I don't think so but how about you mention what you'd like to see if this becomes an actual new series if the pilot succeeds?
      Last edited by hopeless; 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Its been awhile since I watched the 90s version that aired on Nickelodeon. I do remember the girl Naomie Harris from 28 Days Later and Skyfall being in it and they could teleport. The pilot had a young kid who could teleport but he didn't know how to use it right so he kept landing in the ocean. If I remember right he thought he was all alone until he met Naomie's character. His brother in the show somehow got his powers in the next ep but I cannot remember why. Like I said its been awhile lol!

I hope they keep the main characters British. Any news on that?

Comment

The actors auditioning are told they can use their natural accent, whichever it may be.

Character details: http://www.ksitetv.com/tomorrow-peop...le-pilot/19375

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
            Its been awhile since I watched the 90s version that aired on Nickelodeon. I do remember the girl Naomie Harris from 28 Days Later and Skyfall being in it and they could teleport. The pilot had a young kid who could teleport but he didn't know how to use it right so he kept landing in the ocean. If I remember right he thought he was all alone until he met Naomie's character. His brother in the show somehow got his powers in the next ep but I cannot remember why. Like I said its been awhile lol!

I hope they keep the main characters British. Any news on that?
            I only saw 1 episode on Nickelodeon I thought it was cool at the time but it came on that the worst possible time because I was always at church at 11:00 AM on a Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler TV
              The CW's pilot The Tomorrow People is basically X-Men set in high school where mankind has begun mutation into two different types of people 'The Tomorrow People' who basically all have the same powers; Telekinesis, Telepathy and Teleportation but have different specializations, and another mysterious race that predates the tomorrow people.

The series is lighter in tone than CW shows like "The Vampire Diaries' filled with CW high school drama and love triangles. It explores the mutants' struggle with their powers, the conflict between the two factions and the government's dealing with their existence. There isn't really much original about this script, the CW basically asked for 'X-Men' in high school, word is the CW is eyeing this as a possible companion for 'Arrow' next season
              Not sure how I feel about that.

Comment

The Tomorrow People... Today?

Originally posted by gmster
                Not sure how I feel about that.
                I agree it would work better if they stuck with one special ability each and then work from there.

I don't recall it ever explained where TIM and their spaceship came from, thats why I thought it better explained that Tomorrow People have been popping up ever since recorded history or mythical history ala the Greek Gods and the like.

Now that would be an interesting take on the series, rather than having them immediately introduced as part of an organisation that seemed far too improbable given what they were doing, having them brought together by someone who recognises what they are and leaves them the means to learn and develop whilst keeping an eye of them in case they falter and turn evil rather than introduce them to the other similars cells across the world because its hardly going to be just one or two when the world's population seems to be booming after all...

If that casting information is accurate I wonder what happened to Stephen's father if he inherited the same abilities?

As i recall in the original series Stephen was more or less the leader, might be an interesting twist if Cara was the leader this time round...

Comment

Until I see it air on Wednesday then I don't think theyd risk separating Arrow and Supernatural. That's one of their biggest nights anyway. I'd rather see TTP on Tuesdays instead in Buffy or Smallville's former timeslots.

Comment

I don't think there's a spaceship this time around. They live underground in an abandoned subway station. TIM's still a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeless
                      If that casting information is accurate I wonder what happened to Stephen's father if he inherited the same abilities?
                      It sounds like that's the case, and there's a history to that and maybe a mystery to that. It sounds like Stephen's father and Jedikiah are connected somehow, too.

Comment

word is the CW is eyeing this as a possible companion for 'Arrow' next season
                        Hmmm. So that makes me wonder what they would do with Supernatural. It's done very well, paired with 'Arrow', this year.

Comment

With two certain actors maybe gone from the Vampire Diaries this past week, maybe one of them could play "John" in Tomorrow People.

Surprised we haven't heard of any castings yet...

Here were some of my casting suggestions/ideas: http://www.ksitetv.com/tomorrow-peop...le-pilot/19647

Comment

Like X-Men in Highschool? Sounds like X-Men Evolution to me........which I really liked. I look forward to see what becomes of this.

Comment

Cara has been cast! Peyton List will play the female member of the Tomorrow People!

Deadline broke the news!

Peyton List (Mad Men) has landed a lead in the CW drama pilot The Tomorrow People, an adaptation of the cult British series. Written/exec produced by Phil Klemmer, exec produced by Julie Plec and Greg Berlanti and directed/exec produced by Danny Cannon, Tomorrow People is in the vein of X-Men and Heroes and revolves around several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together they work to defeat the forces of evil. List will play Cara, the female member of the “Tomorrow People” group who has a sense of humor beneath her serious demeanor and seems to be a trustworthy ally. List, repped by Innovative, is probably best known for her recurring role as Jane Sterning on AMC’s Mad Men. She also co-starred on ABC’s FlashForward and recently recurred on the CW’s 90210.
                              Itīs Lucy Lane! I knew I recognized her from Smallville!
                              Last edited by phoenixforce86; 02-18-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Article from KSite TV

I am glad...liked her on Smallville so this is pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎