0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

A very good episode, and I'm actually fine with Garth "being" the new "Bobby". He's not the same, but I like how he's paying homage in some way, more than what I can say for Sam and Dean, but then again, they never did really pay homage in any way to another hunter. And finally Sam steps up and brings up Dean killing Amy. The tension between the two is finally making sense and I bet they'll end up getting into a fist fight another time down the line.

And did anyone else think of the DC character when Garth brought up the spectre? Haha.

Comment

We saw a bit of what being "Bobby" means at Weekend at Bobby's, but Garth really hit it home with Dean in the library about how much Bobby meant to the entire hunting community, and obviously Garth in particular. D.J. really nailed it with the quivering chin talking about it. I really was annoyed with Garth when he was first introduced last season, just comic relief, but as much as I love Bobby, the real Bobby, I am growing to like Garth as the new "Bobby" and I liked how Dean accepted that....and, Bobby wouldn't have given Garth so much instruction if he didn't think he could handle it. Bobby would always have had a Plan B in case something happened to him.

By the way, that hat holds significance, I'm sure, going forward....the flask was brought up (which was burnt sans leather cover), so I do expect Bobby to return in one way or another even if in flashbacks or Heaven, like when we saw Ashe again. No vengeful spirits this time, please!

I really liked this episode....But Sam getting all spit and vinegar about ganking Benny, almost like a threat, seemed a bit out of character for him. There's a reason the writers are putting both Cas and Benny in the Winchester mix....hopefully it's something good.

And it might be trivial, but I'm really annoyed with the CW for spelling it "Cass" instead of "Cas" .... LOL

Comment

If the hat holds significance, then what about Bobby's other dozen hats? Lol.

Bobby: "Can't get rid of me, idjits!"

And Sheltie, this isn't the first time Cas has been called Cass though. During season four, the subtitles have Dean saying Cass as well so that's how the nickname might be spelled as to the writers.

Comment

Another great episode. I haven't been crazy about Sam this season but I liked him in this episode, I liked that he stepped up and confronted Dean about Amy, Benny and everything. And the flashbacks with him and Amy were actually good in this episode and for the first time it felt like they served a purpose. As for Garth becoming "the new Bobby", I like it, I thought they went a little too far at times with too many references but I do like him taking up his duties. DJ Qualls is awesome as Garth and now that the character is actually useful I hope we'll see a lot more of him.

Oh, and even though they've played "Fell On Black Days" on the show before I absolutely loved hearing Soundgarden in the episode.

Comment

Why does Sam still want revenge for Amy? I thought that Sam accomplished that by killing Dean's daughter.

Comment

Very awesome episode. Alot better than I expected. I usally dont like funny episodes but this episode was enjoyable. Seasons 6 and 7 tried to be funny way to much but their jokes just fell flat. I think the show has fianlly gotten back to Kripkes hilarous humor. I really enjoy Garth. He just got crappy episodes last season. Also like the music montage near the end,awesome song choice. About the ending...they should make an episode where Sam hunts Benny and Dean has to make a choice. So, awesome episode and it just proves that this season is up there with the first 5 seasons. It might even be better than season 3 IMO.

Comment

I have really loved this season so far (except for Bitten) and the spoilers coming out about the next episodes where Castiel returns (Crowley too OMG!) are just more than exciting. I know some folks don't like the angels, Castiel in particular, but it looks to me like both aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and in fact are going to play a real important role this season. And I do think Garth is pretty cool....

Comment

Actually I used to quite like Garth as a character, and I think it's nice to see how Bobby helped the hunting community as a whole rather than just Sam and Dean.

BUT I really did not like Garth as the new Bobby, I could see Garth's point to Dean about Bobby not just belonging to him and Sam, but at the same time him saying "I'm just taking what I learnt from Bobby" etc. was wrong becuase he wasn't doing that, he was trying to replace Bobby, which I don't think anyone can and is kinda disrespectful to such a prolific and loved character imo. I quite liked the concept of him helping out other hunters with advice and even doing the whole FBI supervisor role like Bobby used to, cause someones gotta do it but what got me was Garth wearing his hat, but mainly the use of Idjit...I just...it really rubbed me up the wrong way. That's him trying to copy Bobby and be just like him, and it just doesn't sit right with me.

I would have loved to have Dean being angry at Garth over trying to take over Bobby's job i.e. answering phones and even having that line about him being there to help like Bobby was (although that grated me a bit it was rather sweet) and then have the line about Bobby not just belonging to the boys etc. and then have a scene at the end where Garth finds Bobby's hat in his car and tries to give Dean it, and tells Dean the story of where he got it, but Dean hands it back to him and tells him to keep it as a memento, something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                    Why does Sam still want revenge for Amy? I thought that Sam accomplished that by killing Dean's daughter.
                    I don't think he wants revenge for Amy exactly, he's just tired of Dean's hypocrisy so I guess he wants to prove a point and teach him a lesson. And let's be honest...Dean really isn't losing sleep over his daughter.

Comment

Okay, ick at the start! Driving over that dude and blood splatter? Ew!

The reveal that the boys hadn't talked since Benny was interesting. And Sam citing Amy, Dean saying he believes Benny, all cool stuff.

And it does seem like if there's decapitation in there then it's probably supernatural.

Garth as a Texas Ranger. Made me think back to Season 1. The boys posed as Rangers once, didn't they? But haven't since. It's been pretty much FBI in recent seasons.

More grossness, Garth tasting the ectoplasm! Really?!

Garth was a dentist before becoming a hunter (can't really see that) and killed the Tooth Fairy?!

Garth using "idjit" and pushing Dean's buttons, Dean letting a "Sammy" slip out (yay!), and Bobby continues to help even from beyond the grave.

The bros on the opposite sides of the Civil War seemed like a heavy handed allegory to Sam and Dean, and then blam, Dean's infected (I was wondering how it would happen!).

I liked the montage of how the penny got passed around. Very cool.

Dean vs. Sam--round 2! Dean feels betrayed? Him bringing up some of that stuff (he's obviously still not over Sam siding with Ruby) was okay but he blames Sam for being soulless? I'm not sure that's right. And I'm sorry, but no matter how upset Dean was I can't see him ever (even possessed by a 'spectre') really killing Sam. His kid brother who he has spent his life protecting and fighting with and for and whatnot. I know Dean's hurt but to want to hurt Sam like that...it's just not Dean. This is the guy, after all, who couldn't kill his brother multiple times over the course of the seasons.

Giving the hat back was sweet (though I'm still not sure about Garth being 'Bobby'. I still can't help but remember back to Weekend at Bobby's) and the shoutout with the Wendigo mention.

And then the final confrontation (after one last flashback. Man, those Amelia flahsbacks are annoying, IMO!). I kind of thought that beating the crap out of each other would solve their problems (it's worked before!) but I guess not.

I have to admit that I am on Dean's side on this. If I were Dean I'd be furious/hurt/upset that my brother hadn't looked for me, that he had given up and gone off with some girl. But I understand that Sam's tired of having that thrown back into his face as well, I guess. And he seems really hurt over Benny too.

So on the whole, good episode and it made me actually like Garth (!) but I really just want the boys to be friends again!

Comment

When Dean said he was upset that Sam did try to get him, I was like "Yo hypocrit". Well, Dean didn't try getting Sam back from a purgatory with Lucifer and Michael. This show always seem to portray Dean being on the right side and Sam being on the wrong side of things.
                        Last edited by confuser987; 11-10-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by confuser987
                          When Dean said he was upset that Sam did try to get him, I was like "Yo hypocrit". Well, Dean didn't try getting Sam back from a purgatory with Lucifer and Michael. This show always seem to portray Dean being on the right side and Sam being on the wrong side of things.
                          Dean did try to bring Sam back from the Cage, he said himself that he looked everywhere for a way to bust him out.

Comment

^^ exactly. Dean said himself that he tried for a long time, even though he promised Sam he wouldn't attempt to get him back. I think that's part of why Dean is so upset that Sam didn't look for him. Dean broke his own promise to his brother to try to get him back but Sam didn't even try?

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Funniest line "We won." Torch.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎