No announcement yet.

SLEEPER and APOCALYPSE Official Re-Watch Thread, November 9th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrsK said:
    "There were definitely some inconsistencies as to what did and did not happen in this timeline. If they hadn't all been killed by Jeremy, there were so many other times that Clark saved them from meteor freaks... no way any of his friends would still be alive!"
    ---------------

I was thinking about this the other day. Lex also would have been killed, or at least disabled (as seen in the episode in which a phantom gave Clark a hallucination that he was in a mental hospital) in the car accident from the pilot.
    On the other hand, if Clark never arrived, whose to say Jeremy would have killed all those people at the dance? Lana and Chloe might have survived to end up where we saw them. Other factors might have intervened to stave off the destruction. Just dunno.
    If Clark found out right off the bat everyone he loved was either dead or otherwise worse off without him, he would know--right off the bat--he had ben wrong. The episode would have been over before the first commercial break.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
      I was thinking about this the other day. Lex also would have been killed, or at least disabled (as seen in the episode in which a phantom gave Clark a hallucination that he was in a mental hospital) in the car accident from the pilot.
      On the other hand, if Clark never arrived, whose to say Jeremy would have killed all those people at the dance? Lana and Chloe might have survived to end up where we saw them. Other factors might have intervened to stave off the destruction. Just dunno.
      If Clark found out right off the bat everyone he loved was either dead or otherwise worse off without him, he would know--right off the bat--he had ben wrong. The episode would have been over before the first commercial break.
      Yeah, but Jor-El shouldn't worry about commercial breaks.

Jeremy's coma and his awakening were two very specific events not related to Clark's existence. First the meteor shower that put him in it and then a storm and a lightning strike that got him out of it and gave him his powers.

Lex is explainable. If Jonathan wasn't there in the cornfield then Lionel either needed to help Lex himself or find some other poor sucker who takes care of his son. This could have set a chain of events in motion that made Lex never come to Smallville a second time, thus not driving of that bridge. Or maybe the trucker who lost the barbed wire was the poor sucker from 12 years ago and wasn't then on that bridge.

But there were so many freaks who sepcifically targeted Lex, Chloe or Lana: Desiree Atkins, Shawn Kelvin & Tina Greer to name only three.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
        Yeah, but Jor-El shouldn't worry about commercial breaks.
        Jeremy's coma and his awakening were two very specific events not related to Clark's existence. First the meteor shower that put him in it and then a storm and a lightning strike that got him out of it and gave him his powers.
        Lex is explainable. If Jonathan wasn't there in the cornfield then Lionel either needed to help Lex himself or find some other poor sucker who takes care of his son. This could have set a chain of events in motion that made Lex never come to Smallville a second time, thus not driving of that bridge. Or maybe the trucker who lost the barbed wire was the poor sucker from 12 years ago and wasn't then on that bridge.
        But there were so many freaks who sepcifically targeted Lex, Chloe or Lana: Desiree Atkins, Shawn Kelvin & Tina Greer to name only three.

And we could also say that perhaps Lana never quit cheerleading because teh scarecrow incident wouldn't have been brought to her attention and made her realise how shallow her life was. And wasn't it that she stopped being a cheerleader than preciptated Tina going psycho so quickly? So if she were a cheerleader, Tina may not have gone off the deep-end that soon.

Point being, I guess there's lots of scope to fanwank why that world was like it was
        Last edited by Arbar; 11-11-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• MrsK said:
          "Then I considered that maybe this AU is set some years in the future - after all, Lex isn't old enough to be President in the current timeline. Hard to say. Could just be lazy writing."
          --------------------
          I considered that too. Then I consederd that here, Kansas has no lakes, while in the Smallville Universe there are lakes and dams. Here, a black guy was President last year. There, a white guy was (evidenced by Lois greeting, on Air Force One in the series finale as "Mr. President". Here, we'll elect a new President in 2016. There, it will be 2018 (evidenced by a television in the Daily Planet showing President-Elect Luthor about to give a speech; the scene is seven years past the time of the last episode, which was last year, in 2011). So maybe the age requirement is lower in the Smallville Universe than here.

On the other hand, maybe we'll lower the age requirement in a couple years! Anything can happen where Smallville is concerned....

Comment

• Usually, there is the new re-watch thread here on monday. I hope skully is not ill.

Comment

• I was wondering about that as well. I'm in for Friday night as long as my internet doesn't flake out on me. Last week I had to use my iPhone, and that doesn't make for meaningful commentary on my part.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                They said that Lex rounded up the meteor freaks and with Kara as his personal muscle and protector, it probably wasn't too hard. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎