#5.04 "Another's Sorrow"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.04 "Another's Sorrow"

Episode Description:

With Princess Mithian as the perfect bait, Morgana conjures a deception so powerful that the whole of Camelot is taken in - even Merlin himself. But as the storm clouds gather, will the young warlock see through the lies? Or will Morgana at long last fulfill her dreams of revenge?

An okay episode. So far this season feels like showcasing past guest stars. Princess Mithian wasn't as fetching with dark hair and I'm confused about her authority. Does her father have a title? Does she outrank him? How can that be? Morgana got kicked to the curb yet again even though she still managed to get one up on Arthur and company before discovered. You'd think she would find another hobby by now. Finally! Some Arthur and Gwen time; although, why was Gwen in her nightgown, but Arthur was in full armor? I did like Gwen's bedtime look. That was very fetching. The sword fight between Arthur and Odin was good and it was good to see all the knights--everybody except Mordred--in play.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 10-28-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I found the episode was bit boring.. Too much long talks blah blah
      For every new season, they say that this season going to be darker and powerful but i feel something is missing.
      If not Arthur, Its time at least Morgana should know about Merlin. I want to see them dueling , aproper wizard duels and so.
      this thing that merlin not using magic with morgana and all is bit crazy. Gaius used his magic to save merlin and he gets a subconjunctive blood leak? are they saying if he uses magic more, Is he going to die? that was silly joke if they do it.

Gwen didn't had much role in the episode and whee was the Mordred. Morgana should be mad at him.
      the writers are dropping it again after the premiere, i hope they increase the action scene and serioucly need to make big changes in plot.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. It had a suspense to it; it was atmospheric. The further it went you knew it was leading up to something major. Maybe a Merlin/Morgana showdown. Merlin's suspicions keep growing and growing until Mithian tried to warn him about Morgana. Then Morgana caught him off guard at the stream. When she was choking him, I thought that's where he would finally reveal himself to her and a battle would commence.

I thought, though, that the ambush at the tomb and than the Odin/Arthur truce was a good ending. They have been fighting for so long; Odin killed Uther and Arthur, his son that something had to give. Arthur was shown as better king to finally call truce.

But...more than ever, something has to give with Merlin's secret. Morgana/Arthur have to find out the truth; either or, it doesn't matter which one.
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-28-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          I enjoyed the episode. It had a suspense to it; it was atmospheric. The further it went you knew it was leading up to something mayor. Maybe a Merlin/Morgana showdown. Merlin's suspicions keep growing and growing until Mithian tried to warn him about Morgana. Then Morgana caught him off guard at the stream. When she was choking him, I thought that's where he would finally reveal himself to her and a battle would commence.

I thought, though, that the ambush at the tomb and than the Odin/Arthur truce was a good ending. They have been fighting for so long; Odin killed Uther and Arthur, his son that something had to give. Arthur was shown as better king to finally call truce.

But...more than ever, something has to give with Merlin's secret. Morgana/Arthur have to find out the truth; either or, it doesn't matter which one.
          It hast to be atleast Morgana in this season. I am tried of seeing Merlin acting helpless when it comes face to face with Morgana. Come on... Why would he thinks she will spare his life, he tried to poised her before and been acting more than servant.

I hope writers get the hint that people getting bit cheesed off with secret magic concept!!!

Want to see reall hand to hand fight of Merlin and Morgana. Remember the Nimeuah and Merlin duel in the season 1 finale? It was fab!!!

Comment

^^^And not to mention, Merlin always knocks Morgana unconscious by the end of every episode. She has to figure that someone in Arthur's camp has magic. As well as powerful as she has become she should sense magic in the air and/or that her nightmare Emrys is near; every other magical creature seems to know Merlin is Emrys.

Comment

^^^One way to fix that will be if Morgana and Mordred join forces again. At that point, I'm sure Mordred will have no reason to keep Merlin's secret. To your point, Morgana did not see Merlin come to the rescue, did she? Even if she did sense magic she couldn't have known who it was coming from. I'm not sure Merlin has ever been able to "sense" magic in a specific person without that person revealing him/herself.
              Last edited by Raistlin; 11-03-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Watching this in less than an hour. Princess Mithian AND Morgana?

Yes, please.

Comment

I have to say I thought this was the first dud of Season 5. Mithian seemed like nothing more than a plot device here (brought back merely because she was so popular and not because she was vital to the story?).

Yet again Morgana finds some stupid dupe guy to do her bidding. It's starting to border on incredulous...

Morgana has her own aging spell now?

Gaius using magic to heal Merlin was cool. Always love to see Gaius pull a trick or two.

Okay, Merlin causing that earthquake was pretty awesome. Didn't know he could do that! (Most of the time his magic seems limited to tossing people around or the like.)

But yeah, overall just not a very interesting ep., at least for me. And has anyone noticed we seem to be doing stories away from Camelot more often lately? It seems that we almost never stay at the castle for long anymore.

Comment

This ep. was meh. The realm seems to be full of petty lordlings with huge armies who'd jump at the chance at taking down Arthur / Camelot with Morgana's help. Arthur: you're king. It's time to sign up some swords-for-hire and take ... her ... down. She's a rival claimant to YOUR crown! (When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die )

I think Arthur and Morgana should have had their suspicions about Merlin and magic during the previous season. Being knocked unconscious just before Merlin uses magic is becoming similar to SV's Clark going on Red-K and offering up his "I'm not myself / not well" excuses -- which they readily accept -- or potential witnesses getting amnesia.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎