Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hate It? What did you think of Heartache?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dexter
    Sam wanting to retire from hunting feels so forced. I do not buy it at all.
    Neither do I.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
      Sam wanting to retire from hunting feels so forced. I do not buy it at all.
      He never even wanted to hunt in the first place. He only did it in season 1 and season 2 to avenge his dad and Jess and Dean took him into hunting. In season 3 he had to save Dean's life. In season 4 he was lost, he wanted to avenge Dean.

In season 5, he was cleaning up his mistake. He never wanted to hunt. Dean always wanted to. He saw it as his goal in life, where Sam was different. Everything that had happened from season 1 to season 7 just showed that Sam was just tired of that life, considering what it cost him. It doesn't feel forced at all.

Comment

Sam wanting to retire with Amelia doesn't feel forced, imo, but Sam not having looked for Dean does.

Comment

So this episode, for me, was...okay. Felt slow and a bit sluggish and a bit like filler.

Also, someone tell me why Carver keeps jumping us all over the country? Since Season 8 started the boys (and us) have been all over America! I know that it's supposed to be back to 'hunting evil in a cool car' and all but we keep switching locations so much.

Loved the farmer's market scene. I kind of thought we'd touch on Sam eating organic because of the Leviathan's (is it safe to eat processed good again in the SPN 'verse?) poisons. And Dean's little digs to Sam about giving up the hunting life were subtle and effective.

The cop (yay for Papa Ackles! I wonder how hard it was for Jensen to direct his father? And were the boys on their best behavior on set that day? "Shh, no more water balloons, Dad's coming!" LOL) and yet another Thor reference? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but since they keep bringing the God of Thunder up I have to wonder if there's a reason?

Jensen's 'directed by' credit. Yay!

Dean bought a translation app? Actually, that could come in handy for hunter's. Need to translate that Greek the monster is speaking? That sort of thing. Or Latin?

Agent Sambora? Oh Sam, so cute with your Bon Jovi obsession!

OK, the eye scene. I had to cover my eyes. Gah!

Shallow moment: totally loving Sam's hair this episode and especially when he was on the motel bed. *draws hearts around Sam's head*

The hunt and the whole football dude storyline. A little confusing but I find it interesting that they are once again going a Pagan God route (through Cacow or however you spell it?). Seems like we've had an increase of Pagan God activity or related since the angels went away. I wonder, too, if that's deliberate.

Sam thinking about going back to school? OK, more on that in a bit.

Wow, that was seriously bad photoshopping of the dude from different time periods. Why does the CW/SPN always have such bad photoshopping? I know people on the 'net who could do better! Heck, I know people on this board who could do better!

Also, I'm not sure I buy this football guy being a hero to Sam. The only sport we know Sam was interested in was soccer. He just doesn't strike me as a football guy. *shrugs*

the stripper place. Anyway else flashback to the first time the boys met the Trickster/Gabriel? I dunno, I got similar vibes with the girl trying to kill Dean. Maybe that's just me.

And then the scene in the car and the flashback. All right, first of all, what's Sam talking about? He had a normal life in college, with Jess (who he seems to have forgotten about. Even in year 5 he was saying he still loved her and missed her. Now suddenly only Dean mentions her?). So his line about he finally has normal? Um, no. And it bothers me that the writers seem to have forgotten it too. And once again he's trying for normal? Did he not learn his lesson? I thought somewhere in those middle seasons he gave up on a normal life and accepted he was never going to have that. Now he wants it back? That bothers me. And it also bothers me that he finally has Dean back and all he wants is to go back to his girl. He's seen what happens when he leaves Dean. Bad things, Mikey, bad bad things.

So yeah, that ended on a frustrating note to me. I have to hope it's like Dean says and that's just how Sam feels now (he does seem to have bursts of 'I want normal', especially when things aren't going well for him and Dean).

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
            He never even wanted to hunt in the first place. He only did it in season 1 and season 2 to avenge his dad and Jess and Dean took him into hunting. In season 3 he had to save Dean's life. In season 4 he was lost, he wanted to avenge Dean.

In season 5, he was cleaning up his mistake. He never wanted to hunt. Dean always wanted to. He saw it as his goal in life, where Sam was different. Everything that had happened from season 1 to season 7 just showed that Sam was just tired of that life, considering what it cost him. It doesn't feel forced at all.
            I disagree. Sam did want to be a hunter. Not at first, sure, back at Stanford he wanted to have a normal life with Jess but her death and everything else that happened in season one changed him. Back in season 4, "Wishful Thinking", Dean asked Sam if he would wish for his old life back but Sam said no, that he wasn't that guy anymore. At this point Sam had accepted his role as a hunter.

Sam not looking for his brother and just dropping everything feels very forced, that's not Sam.

Comment

Sam could have always said that in season four because of what was going on with his whole idea of wanting to kill Lilith and what not.

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              Loved the farmer's market scene. I kind of thought we'd touch on Sam eating organic because of the Leviathan's (is it safe to eat processed good again in the SPN 'verse?) poisons. And Dean's little digs to Sam about giving up the hunting life were subtle and effective.
              Well Dean did eat a hamburger in the season premiere, so that would show that the Leviathans' plan died out during that year that has passed, although it would've been pretty nice to find out Sam's gone organic because of what the Leviathans did in season seven.

I wish we got some kind of answer as to if Sam did in fact destroy that SucroCorp building though.

By the way, I am a bit pleased that the ratings have been so well for the CW on Wednesday nights as I just looked at the other ratings for the other CW shows this week and they're not too great minus TVD. I still don't know why that show even has good ratings. And my font is being so weird with my post.
              Last edited by Anno_Domini; 10-19-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

This episode was reminiscent of early Supernatural. It was something new. I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  OK, the eye scene. I had to cover my eyes. Gah!
                  You didn't need to. They didn't show anything. Network wouldn't let them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                    I wish we got some kind of answer as to if Sam did in fact destroy that SucroCorp building though.
                    I hope we get some sort of flashback or knowledge of what Sam did right after Dean and Cas disappeared this season. I don't think Sam would have destroyed the building but I'd love to hear what happened to "Dick Roman's" holdings. After all, wasn't the guy running for office? And then he suddenly disappears?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎